PDA

View Full Version : New here and need some help.

mysticmom2
12-17-2008, 03:30 PM
Hi everyone! Im new here and pretty new to wallpapering. Ive done a few but they were simple just pasting a picture on a background. I finally figured out how to extract images and make my own textures and backgrounds so Ive been working with this idea. I know it needs a good bit of work still and I was just wondering if anyone could possibly give me some suggestions to make it better.

MuZ0NaZ
12-17-2008, 03:44 PM
For starters, find a better scan of Naruto - a quality scan is essential for a wallpaper. This one is too pixelated and small. Furthermore, you need to come up with more elements in the background - a splash of red liquid alone isn't really interesting, nor the grain is that hot. Try out more textures/patterns.

Deadling
12-17-2008, 07:41 PM
I would have to say I kinda like the grainy quality of Naruto here. Since it does look like she was going for a parchement feel. But I would have to agree on it being kind of small for the size of it. Almost like there should be something above him, like some writing or even just the Naruto logo, lol.

mysticmom2
12-18-2008, 08:03 AM
Thanks for the suggestions. I have found a larger and better scan of Naruto. I plan on extracting it today. I tried last time but was having a hard time with it and gave up..lol. Ive just recently figured out extracting and Im also working with the mouse pad on my laptop so it makes it kind of difficult. I might try to search for a mouse around the house today. (I know we have one somewhere) and try again. Ill try to get up my new version tonight. Ill see what else I can add to it but I was going for more of a simpler wall.

wowzabunny
12-18-2008, 08:08 AM
Yo, welcome to AF read the rules and have fun