PDA

View Full Version : Hmmm...dunno...how about simply calling it Moonlight...

Hamashimura
12-17-2008, 08:49 AM
Well,well,well...As some of you might know,I have just recently started using Photoshop...I have already did some random crappy stuff,but I'm sure you're not here to hear about that now,so yeah...

About this...hmmm...well,general idea came to my head when I watched anime,RahXephon...
I overall liked the picture of night sky and such,so I decided to create something like that...
Sure,they had no fairies there,but I just felt like inserting them...
It just looked too empty without it...
Sure,I know about flaws,especially when it comes to moon and clouds (I don't know how to do moon,so I looked at actual picture,and randomized with pentool and brushes,and clouds were started with render clouds option,hence being sort of..messy xD )

Image of the girl...well,credits to that goes to animerender,I grabbed already extracted character,because I was kind of lazy to do my own extraction...forgot the name of the person who rendered it tho,but I'll be sure to edit it and insert persons name when I come across it again,if it's needed >__<

Well,there's no point in continuing to state things,so here...
This is second version,first one was a bit weird,so I made improvements on moon and fairies (based on Mikadzuki's advices),and this is what I came up with...
I'd highly appreciate constructive criticism,since I still have alot to learn,and I really want to improve and learn...

Here...

http://img378.imageshack.us/img378/2091/moonshitv2xz5.th.png (http://img378.imageshack.us/img378/2091/moonshitv2xz5.png)

aquarion
12-17-2008, 09:01 PM
Hey I like your moonlight..Do you mind if I sketch a coy of it?

Hautalken
12-18-2008, 06:42 AM
Kanon? Pretty cool wall you have here.
And you sure you just started using photoshop? You look like you've been doing this for ages ^^

How did you do the grass part? I'm guessing brushes, but it could always be something else.
And you're right about the moon. It seems like you erased here and there in straight lines with a small hardbrush. That won't work here at all. The stars look blurred as well. It's troubling. Why don't you use brushes from deviantart or someplace to do them? I'm sure you'll find loads of good quality galactic brushes there.

The major flawed area is the background as a whole. Did you use the clouds filter to make it? I'd recommend gradients and a few brushes instead. They'd look cleaner and more realistic.
If you're having too much trouble with the moon, then just pick up a brush.

I know I've been stressing on brushes a lot, but they're the easiest and cleanest way to do a good job on your wall, so...

wowzabunny
12-18-2008, 06:58 AM
IS a pretty kewl pic, i like the moonlight

Hamashimura
12-22-2008, 03:12 AM
Kanon? Pretty cool wall you have here.
And you sure you just started using photoshop? You look like you've been doing this for ages ^^

How did you do the grass part? I'm guessing brushes, but it could always be something else.
And you're right about the moon. It seems like you erased here and there in straight lines with a small hardbrush. That won't work here at all. The stars look blurred as well. It's troubling. Why don't you use brushes from deviantart or someplace to do them? I'm sure you'll find loads of good quality galactic brushes there.

The major flawed area is the background as a whole. Did you use the clouds filter to make it? I'd recommend gradients and a few brushes instead. They'd look cleaner and more realistic.
If you're having too much trouble with the moon, then just pick up a brush.

I know I've been stressing on brushes a lot, but they're the easiest and cleanest way to do a good job on your wall, so...

Well,yes,just started using it not long time ago...I'm a fast learner,and I had Mikadzuki,Lovebeat and PhoenixChan teaching me some things about Photoshop...and I was using Maya for some time,Photoshop is waaaaay more easier to learn,believe me ^^"

Grass part...?
Just ordinary brushes,with blending changes,and lighter/darker colors with desire to create light and shadow,based on the spots where moonlight should lighten them up...

Haha,the moon...not exactly erased with hardbrush...I just created ordinary white circle with brush,and then went wild with pentool on black layer with linear dodge mode + opacity around 60...after that tried to do something to make it look more like a moon with softbrush on lowered opacity as well,and that's it...
But yeah,messed up...I'll see what I can do to make it better ^^

Stars are blurred...hmmm...I haven't blurred them at all...that may be because layer with stars is on soft light,70% opacity...?
I'll try changing that...

Hahaha,yeah,render>clouds,totally xD
Simple and messy ^^ ...I'll make that better soon-ish,since Mika gave me great cloud tutorial,which looks really promising...
So,gradient you say...hmmm,let's see what I'll be able to pull out with that...

Ok then,I'll use your and Mika's advices to see the next outcome on this ^^
Since you haven't said anything bad about grass and fairies,I'll assume that's fine...SO basically,I need to change the whole background...hmmm,that will do it ^^
I wanned to do everything on my own tho,without using other people brushes,but since I failed,I might as well use them ^^
Thank you for the constructive criticism,much appreciated...
I'll post it once I finish it...that should happen soon,when I finish playing Titan Quest...

theDC
01-01-2009, 11:04 AM
The light efect and the moon shine is pretty good.

Shadowed Pain
01-02-2009, 03:59 AM
Wow, thats amazing! i've been using photoshop for a while but I've never gotten anything to look as good as you've done there.

I would give constructive criticism but i'm in no position to do so.
It's wonderful

MangaTweaker
01-03-2009, 05:52 PM
Wow. I only have gimp and I don't know how to do a whole lot. Plus I do everything on my laptop and that is not going so well. Your doing really well.

uninvited_guest
01-08-2009, 07:37 PM
Its great, i like it, nice job.