PDA

View Full Version : Black Stones Wallpaper

nichunter1
12-14-2008, 12:35 PM
Hey well I did this Wallpaper of nana. The theme is pretty much Black Stones in tokyo.

The extract is really bad i noticed and it was the best one i found and tried to save it, but I feel i kind of massacred it :S ... All helpful critics are welcome and as far as I know this is very far from being perfect ^^.

the second one is the original pic i got it from:

Princess Minako
12-14-2008, 05:17 PM
The character is poorly extracted first of all. Second the character isn't really meshing with the background? What does she have to do with the background, she is just plastered there. There's no theme, or point. The background its self I just don't get, the giant lens flare in the corner is not only distracting but just makes a giant white ball taking up a quarter of the wall. The image itself is poor quality anyway, and what is the random blue lines?

Deadling
12-14-2008, 11:16 PM
I'm just guessing here. But maybe the strong light source is to make an excuse the poor quality of the extract? Since strong light does highly distort features, and blurs them together? Iono. I personally gave up on shows I couldn't find anything decent for, like Legend Himiko for example, lol. Maybe you could make the whole theme around her dreamlike. You could easily find reasons to smooth and blur the extract to blend it to w/e that way.

nichunter1
12-15-2008, 02:05 AM
You guessed right deadling ^^ , but the truth is, it's in this kind of mompents that my skills are very low :S

FluffyDango
12-15-2008, 07:58 AM
Hmm Nic, you should have seen that the extraction was pretty poor before using it.
Turn that big light down by alot :P
The bg is nice though.

Famahama
12-15-2008, 08:59 AM
The character is poorly extracted first of all. Second the character isn't really meshing with the background? What does she have to do with the background, she is just plastered there. There's no theme, or point. The background its self I just don't get, the giant lens flare in the corner is not only distracting but just makes a giant white ball taking up a quarter of the wall. The image itself is poor quality anyway, and what is the random blue lines?
Listen to her!

Another thing about background; its making the girl look like shes randomly flying @_@

And the light source position is awkward, the shadows moves from right to left, then the light source should be at the right to increase the realism

nichunter1
12-15-2008, 10:19 AM
Yes you guys are right , I think I could hva edone a better job with a high quality extraction but unfortunatly ther weren't any better then this... using the blur tool and everything was as much as i could do sadly

gloomygirl
12-24-2008, 05:25 AM
oh,ty for ur provide,i like nana vm.
^_^

vincejebsen
01-27-2009, 04:27 PM
let me try and use this one. looks good. nice job.

Hautalken
01-28-2009, 02:39 AM
Another thing about background; its making the girl look like shes randomly flying @_@

And the light source position is awkward, the shadows moves from right to left, then the light source should be at the right to increase the realism

Minako and Unli are right, nic. And Unli just gave you a thought to chew on when he says "she's randomly flying".

Remember that just slapping on a lens flare isn't going to fill in your background, but it's going to give you a huge blob of negative space instead.
Also, your wallpaper should be capable of conveying a mood to the viewers. It shouldn't just be something random like this. You, as the creator, can determine this mood by just taking a good look at your focus, which here is the extract. After that, you need to use a sort of 'theme' to make the extract blend with your background [not too much, of course ^^] while you work on it.

Try a little harder ^^

Necro'lic Enigma
01-28-2009, 05:10 AM
Well the background seemed to me a real bummer. Be careful of the emotions of the character and if that should match the background. Try putting more detailing in your work. next time you will do much better hopefully.