PDA

View Full Version : Saber wall...serious opinions only.

Hautalken
12-05-2008, 10:43 AM
So I'm back after an extremely long hiatus ^^; It's been about 8 months or so.

But I can't seem to get myself back in touch with wall-making. I keep having to refer to some old PSDs to have a look at what I would have done if I end up with a particular look. I need you guys to take a look at this new wall I've done. I got too much white space above her head and need suggestions to fix it.

Once again, I'm doing this after a VERY long time, so don't expect too much. And I only want serious criticism. However harsh; I'll take it. But no taking one peek at the wall and saying things like "oh yeah, that's pretty good" or "Nice picture you made" and ending it right there.
So here we go::

MuZ0NaZ
12-05-2008, 10:56 AM
Good to see you back in action. However this wall has a very serious flaw - the scan is low quality and needs serious cleanup of the JPEG artifacts. Also, don't make the background a huge white blob, remove most of the effects to the right of Saber and start off with a darker base background.

Hautalken
12-05-2008, 12:26 PM
You have a point there, Muzzy. The extract isn't low quality, but I lowered it on purpose so I could reduce the file size. I can fix that later on.
Thanks for the suggestions. I was only trying to strip off my old PSDs and make a bg. I've really lost it.

Why on earth didn't I think of starting with a dark bg???!!

Ima do that and put it up later. Let's see what we get ^^
And thank you muzzy! I missed you.

Light Buster
12-05-2008, 02:31 PM
To be serious, you should put some shortcuts on your wall and see what it looks like. Sometimes leaving open space is a good thing.

IchigoKiss
12-05-2008, 05:01 PM
The whole idea is very good.The only thing
I don't like is the pink-red-magenta at the bottom right
It's a little bit empty though with all that white space near
center.Maybe try like a grungy like sparkle style??With dark
colors so it's like a balance to the colors and not to bright.

Hautalken
12-06-2008, 09:34 AM
Hectimaniac:: Care to explain that??

Ichi:: Let's see what I can do about the dark colors. But I got rid of the magenta that was bothering you.

And Muzzy; some of the brushes I used are unfortunately low quality. I couldn't do much regarding that. But I did try to hide that in different ways.
Take a look.

Light Buster
12-06-2008, 03:35 PM
Something like this...

yeng23
12-06-2008, 10:15 PM
`wow..
`its nice..
`the blending of colors are nice..
`keep it up..^^

MuZ0NaZ
12-08-2008, 10:38 AM
Better, but is still sort of a mess. Effects around Saber are OK but the background isn't really interesting.

Hautalken
12-09-2008, 11:35 AM
Background!! Background!!

I need suggestions. Give me some ideas people!! I've really gone rusty. I should get started on more walls.

lisagogo
12-10-2008, 02:45 AM
Well, so beautiful...
Although you want some suggestions about your picture. But it's so beautiful and I can't give any advice. Thanks very much!!!
Please upload more pictures.

Saber is the best!!

Hautalken
12-10-2008, 03:34 AM
Since the background is the main problem here, I made more changes to it and removed some unnecessary stuff. And I made the bubbles look prettier too ^^

How is it now?

MuZ0NaZ
12-10-2008, 09:11 PM
The difference is tremendous - at least there's a background and not an effect blob now. Got no other ideas what to do with it, though.

Hautalken
12-11-2008, 08:37 AM
Maybe text would do?
But I have absolutely no idea what to name it. I'm horrible at naming D=
I guess most people already know that. Now if someone could help me with that, I'll be done with this whole thing and can get started on a new wall; that is if Muzzy doesn't see anymore problems ^^

Princess Minako
12-11-2008, 05:13 PM
looks like a killing blow or final strike to me.

Hautalken
12-13-2008, 06:25 AM
Princess Minako: Sorry, I'm a bit stupid. Do you mean what you say in a good way or bad way??

Anyway, I think I'll go without the text. I pushed the colors up a notch and this is the final version. If no one else can find flaws, I'll just go ahead and submit it ^^

Famahama
12-13-2008, 07:00 AM
Too much white on the left imo ^^;;
And maybe add some text on the black area in the middle

ManTaip
12-13-2008, 07:07 AM
It looks really nice, but i think that the bubble next to the char. is a bit unnecesary. It just seems like Saber is fighting it, or am I wrong? ;D

nichunter1
12-13-2008, 09:31 AM
looks great! good job =) btw I noticed you often use those bubles in your wallpapers == how do you make them?

Princess Minako
12-13-2008, 10:12 AM
You wanted a title, so that was my input. The wall looks fantastic and I'm excited to see it submitted. Keep it up!

sudo
12-13-2008, 11:04 AM
Hm, Can we expect a higher resolution too?

Hautalken
12-14-2008, 06:08 AM
Unli:: left that space blank because I wanted focus on the sword. Thanks for stopping by ^^ I didn't really expect it from you.

ManTaip:: Does it give that impression? You can make your own opinions as to what is going on. This is somewhat abstract. The reasn I put in more bubbles is because I was trying to hide the low quality brushes used for the background.

nichunter1:: PM me if you want to know.

sudo:: I've already mentioned [I think] that I saved the wall in JPG format with a low quality factor. This is for faster uploading. I'll save it in PNG later on.

Princess Minako:: That's very encouraging ^^
But now I have 2 conflicting opinions about text. I'll do smething about it in the next version.
And thank you for the feedback, everyone. keep it coming ^^

nichunter1
12-14-2008, 06:22 AM
Now That i relooked at the wall , it looks great but just one little thing that maybe you would like to correct or maybe it's just me but those stars effect you put on the arm of the character , well ther's a spot wher ther's 3 of them connecting to each other so it jsut looks a bit odd and I'm not a photoshop pro or anything so I wouldn't know how to do this but on the top of the air of the character knowing you're pretty good at this maybe you will be able to blend it a little bit or play a little with the light effects =). Anyways great hope to see more of you. I hope this was a useful critic unlike the other one, if it wasn't shame on me...

Hautalken
12-14-2008, 06:26 AM
nic:: Thank you! That sort of helpful post is what I'd like. You're right about the stars. I'll go see if I can correct them.

Hautalken
12-17-2008, 12:20 PM
Submitted and approved!

Thank you everyone for helping out. i really appreciate it.