PDA

View Full Version : Love in Bloom

Balance
11-26-2008, 05:00 PM
I got some creative juice goin and this is what I was able to get out of it.
Of course, I got some help from a very good friend of mine on the typography of the wallpaper.
However, I feel that it is not absolutely complete. So what do you think I should do to improve this wallpaper?
Thank you very much in advance.

Jose
11-27-2008, 02:30 AM
animeforum.com?

Shouldn't it be animewallpaper.com?

I actually really like the wallpaper, but I think you could beef up the colors a bit. They look really "soft" and it suits the wallpaper, but I'd like to see what it would look like with stronger colors. The bottom right corner bothers me because it's empty when you compare it to the other corners, but that's about it.

Animousflavista
11-27-2008, 04:27 AM
ya I agree with jose.. the color is a bit de saturated.. The design is good.

Balance
11-27-2008, 06:33 PM
Well, that is something I definitely did forget about the wallpaper, thank you for pointing that out. And now for a more saturated version as you have requested.

Memento Mori
11-27-2008, 06:36 PM
Yes, that one ^ is much better. The colors flow nicely with the picture, and the font was a perfect choice.

Des
11-27-2008, 06:40 PM
Yeah, the one that more saturated is better imo.
In the new one there is more details at the top too, pretty good that.
Pretty nice what you have done with the text.
For what you can add, I have no clue =P

Hautalken
12-04-2008, 03:46 AM
I didn't know YOU were into walls, Balance. It makes me feel like jumping back to wall-making again.

I looked at both and found nothing wrong with the first version. The dulled colors were actually prettier. And about the textwork; make that underlining a little more visible.
Also, below. I mean near the dress. Cover it up with flowers or don't put in anything there at all.

Other than that, I think it's ok. Submit it and see what Muzzy/Flash have to say about it.

LavaBug
12-04-2008, 05:06 AM
I agree with karuto, like the first one better
the second one is oversaturated imho :P

FLASH-X
12-04-2008, 06:35 AM
i agree with lavabug and karuto first one is better then the second one amd second one is a bit oversaturated.........kinda:(

Famahama
12-04-2008, 06:47 AM
Second one is definitely better imho!
but both still has that brown thing at the left side @_@

and agreeing what Lovebeat said at YYA, the text font is quite overused

But meh, keep it up!

yeng23
12-06-2008, 10:13 PM
`wow..
`its nice..
`keep it up..^^

Balance
12-13-2008, 03:42 PM
I worked on the brown areas as Unli suggested and used a different font.
I also toned down the saturation levels from the second one, but it is still a bit more vibrant than the first one.
This will most likely be my final tweaks and touches.

nichunter1
12-13-2008, 04:24 PM
I think you're done for =) plain great ! I'll be sure to put that 5/5 star on it Congratz

Cantelope
12-13-2008, 11:17 PM
I was too lazy to type out a very detailed response, so I just threw together a shanty color-coded message.

Red
I recognize you're working with what seems to be a stock image of a tree, or some type of foliage, but I just flat out dislike how it works here, especially on the left edge of the wallpaper. Contrast is good, yes, but the stark difference between the tones of the (relatively) dark leaves and the background is too much. Not to mention the edges of the dark foliage has very evident signs of a circle brush eraser tool or similar, akin to my terrible brushwork with the color coding.

On the left end, my beef is mainly that I think your faded edges would look better with a weaker gradient. I feel that the differences in shading from these corners are TOO different. Right now it looks like a really faded lavender (practically a light gray in my opinion) going into the pink center. I suggest trying a darker purple tone, more near to red. Might work, might not.

Blue
I like the method you used here for blending. The bottom of the focal point fades in nearly seamlessly from here. The flowers contribute to a central theme of the entire image. Not sure what else to say, I like it (Aside from the two branches visible to the right of the girl).

*EDIT* I drew a red circle around a little splotch of misplaced green I spotted while reviewing. It'd be a good idea to fix this.

Green
Now, this section doesn't really have anything wrong with it, but I think it'd look better with a blending effect around the edges. Give it a quick shot, if you like what you see go for it, but there's a high chance I think that'll it'll conflict with my points I'll be making in purple.

Purple (Magenta)
I like this blending effect also. Like the area highlighted in blue, this method is very unobtrusive, and very "soft". Soft as in, errr subtle. Yeah, it's noticeable, but not really. It makes the image look much better, but unless you're really looking out for details, you don't really notice it (especially with the text). I know it's a very simple method, and not particularly amazing, or difficult at all to produce, but I just feel you should know you are definitely going in the right direction in these regards.

Cyan
And finally, last, and most definetely least, the grammar in this statement is wrong.

That's all I spotted over the 20 minutes highlighting the areas, and writing this critique. Good work.

Hautalken
12-22-2008, 12:40 PM
WHOA!!!!!!!!!

That's really helpful. You take a lot of good time to write out your responses, don't you, Cantelope?

Very observant =D