PDA

View Full Version : Droppin' Like Flies

+Namiko+
11-23-2008, 04:12 PM
:ninja: Is it me, or are Naruto characters dropping like flies?!? :eek: Half the Akatsuki's dead and then all the others from the leaf!!! :( Im getting anxious to find which of our beloved characters is going to die next!!! :unsure: What do you think of the nin-slaughter,:wacko: does it add to or take away form the story? :closedeye Are we comming up short on characters? Is there any particular deceased character you think should not have died?:banghead:

Gjallarhorn
11-23-2008, 06:00 PM
It adds greatly to the story, and it gives it a maturity and depth that other long running shounen series (glares at Bleach) do not have. It also shows that Kishimoto has the balls to kill off characters (glares at Kubo Tite).

So far, Kishimoto has killed off:

The 4th
The 3rd (Sarutobi)
Kimimaro
Sasori
Sarutobi Azuma
Hidan
Kakuzu
Deidara
Jiraiya
Uchiha Itachi
Kakashi

Out of whom, only 4 had major impact on the overall progession of the story.

I honestly don't care if the characters are killed off, because the characters of Naruto are the weakest part of the series, and only a few really stand out as being well handled and developed(notably Jiraiya, Kakashi, and Sasuke), 2 of whom are now dead. It is Kishimoto's story-writing ability that has always put life into it, not his weak and underdeveloped characters. The irony of this, is that half of the retarded Naruto fans watch it because of the characters, which I find absolutely mindboggling. It's like they view it as some shoujo/drama series, rather than the action/adventure series that it is.

I'm not going to try and predict who will die next, because you just can't tell. I mean, I didn't see Jiraiya dying until it actually happened, or Kakashi dying until until a few chapters beforehand. Akatsuki on the otherhand, with the exception of a few members (Pain, Madara, Itachi) were all pawns anyway and as characters themselves, were not important enough to have their individual characteristics effect the story. They were all replacable. It was also obvious since their introduction that they'd all end up defeated or dead anyway.

And, no, I think it's good that the characters who died did die. It adds more to the story, and promises development of the other characters in the story, something which has been significantly lacking. Naruto in particular will hopefully undergo a decent change because of this; two of his three mentors are dead(the third being Iruka).

Diocletian
11-23-2008, 06:04 PM
Characters must die. Not dying would make a story bland, no?

Jiraiya and Kakashi were somewhat forshadowed. J always mentioned Akatsuki being risky buisness.

Hyuga NejiSabaku no Gaara
11-27-2008, 10:35 PM
It adds greatly to the story, and it gives it a maturity and depth that other long running shounen series (glares at Bleach) do not have. It also shows that Kishimoto has the balls to kill off characters (glares at Kubo Tite).

So far, Kishimoto has killed off:

The 4th
The 3rd (Sarutobi)
Kimimaro
Sasori
Sarutobi Azuma
Hidan
Kakuzu
Deidara
Jiraiya
Uchiha Itachi
Kakashi

Out of whom, only 4 had major impact on the overall progession of the story.

I honestly don't care if the characters are killed off, because the characters of Naruto are the weakest part of the series, and only a few really stand out as being well handled and developed(notably Jiraiya, Kakashi, and Sasuke), 2 of whom are now dead. It is Kishimoto's story-writing ability that has always put life into it, not his weak and underdeveloped characters. The irony of this, is that half of the retarded Naruto fans watch it because of the characters, which I find absolutely mindboggling. It's like they view it as some shoujo/drama series, rather than the action/adventure series that it is.

I'm not going to try and predict who will die next, because you just can't tell. I mean, I didn't see Jiraiya dying until it actually happened, or Kakashi dying until until a few chapters beforehand. Akatsuki on the otherhand, with the exception of a few members (Pain, Madara, Itachi) were all pawns anyway and as characters themselves, were not important enough to have their individual characteristics effect the story. They were all replacable. It was also obvious since their introduction that they'd all end up defeated or dead anyway.

And, no, I think it's good that the characters who died did die. It adds more to the story, and promises development of the other characters in the story, something which has been significantly lacking. Naruto in particular will hopefully undergo a decent change because of this; two of his three mentors are dead(the third being Iruka).

I completely agree with all that you said.
It's a great thing in the story. I mean, it makes you feel emotion, no?
It does for me. And without that, it would probably bore me quite quickly, I must say. -_-

Memento Mori
11-27-2008, 11:24 PM
If Kashimoto didn't kill them off, the story would become repetitive. Hero battles villain. Hero wins. Both live.

Boring.

wowzabunny
11-27-2008, 11:46 PM
this ninja slaughter is horrible.
i didnt want jiryia or kakashi to die. they are my favourite ninja.