PDA

View Full Version : How Do You Make A Wallpaper

phantasmagoria
10-27-2003, 05:59 PM
I'm just a little curious on what programs you would use to make a wallpaper. Are some programs better than others? And what are some good tips. My mom thinks anime isn't anything special, and she hates me putting programs on the computer, so I probably won't get into making wallpapers anytime soon, but those who are just getting started might want to know this.

Golden Anime
10-27-2003, 06:07 PM
well you should start out just using adobe photoshop, then when you get comfortable using that you can branch out into other support programs.

My recently posted wallpapers were made using Photoshop, Flash (90% of the work), Swift 3d, Ultra Fractal and Fireworks.

Tal
10-27-2003, 06:09 PM
everything i do is done in Photoshop 7

acamori
10-27-2003, 06:16 PM
same as tal, though i have fireworks and flash (haven't done much with them yet)

Iapetus
10-27-2003, 07:28 PM
Almost everyone I meet uses photoshop to make walls. However, i use Paint Shop Pro, version 7. It suits my needs, I just wish there were more tutorials avaliable for them...

-Iapetus

_hades the wicked
10-27-2003, 09:33 PM
Well, if you want to get serious about going on with simple graphics, I'd suggest you stay away from Photoshop or Paintshop Pro and stick with MS Paint!
hahahaha, jk
But anyways, choose the program that suits you better, but I personally find Photoshop to be of much better use than Paintshop Pro...

setsuna
10-30-2003, 01:02 PM
Photoshop is one of the most common things to use, and might be much easier to convince your Mom that you need to install it because its so mainstream. :) Works for Windows and Mac, and there are tons of tutorials for it on the web as well as books you can buy at bookstores. It shouldn't be too hard to convince your rents if you try. ;) [Tell your mom that you can get rid of the red eye in her pictures - most ppl dont like having the red-eye] You could even let her install the program!

I know the pain of having to share the computer with the parents.. MSPaint was my only editing program for a looOong time. :P

kadaan
10-30-2003, 01:36 PM
About 80% photoshop, 10% illustrator, 10% bryce.

MistressPookyChan
10-30-2003, 02:38 PM
i use adobe photoshop 5.5 and it does all the stuff I want it to do. Get a demo of a few different programs to see which is best for you.