PDA

View Full Version : Near VS Mello

Tsuki.
11-19-2008, 11:33 PM
So, here's the questions:
1. Who do you like more, Near or Mello?
2. Which way of thinking was better in trying to catch Kira?
3. Who is smarter in your opinion?
(this is just your opinion not what the manga/anime says)

okay:
1. Near, because he reminds me of L in his own sort of way
2. Near, because he was cautious and put less lives in danger
3. Near, because he just is

KuroBunny
12-29-2008, 07:41 AM
1. Mello. Because he has emotions and show care to people like Matt. Which I think Near, lacked. Or was not shown enough in the anime or manga.
2. Near. Same reason. Less life sacrificed.
3. I think both of them are the same. Near just sound smarter because Mello always lets his emotions get in his way.When watching the anime, the part where Mello is thinking up stuff sitting with his ... mob gang (?) you can see that he got that much information about the Kira's case without Near's help.

Brandandy
01-02-2009, 10:05 AM
1) Mellow cuz he was so hot!
2) Near. Mellow couldn't control his emotions enough and acted irrationally sometimes. Near kept his head even in the tough spots.
3) Near. He tried and succeeded in staying one step ahead the whole time.

.Miki~
01-08-2009, 09:59 PM
1.) mello case i love him to death!
2.) near. he thought it through better and his emotions didn't get in the way..like mello.. but if teru mikami didn't go back to his savings account a second time then ear wouldn't have won... so lucky break
3.) they are the same to me!!!

PigFarts
01-16-2009, 10:26 PM
1. Mello <3
2. Mello, because his influence and 'control' over people drove him further than his rival and his predecessor. He may have been reckless, but he had more people (or at least it seemed) under his control and was able to go extremely far.
3. Near, because that's what Death Note HtR: 13 says. XD

RJ169
01-16-2009, 10:36 PM
Mello because he is Mello

ichimoku_fanboy
01-20-2009, 11:05 PM
1. Mello - he genuinely cared about the case, near just wanted to outdue L
2. Mello - Near was using the same methods as L, completely unoriginal, Mello actually got his hands on a death note in record time compared to L and Near
3. Neither - I think both had their strong and weak points, Near was technically smarter, but again, he just wanted to surpass L, whereas Mello was technically not as smart, but he had an equal, if not greater, drive behind him to surpass Near

jnLL
01-21-2009, 07:59 AM
1. Near - because he did a great job in dealing with Kira.
2. Near - he made good decisions and thought of others safety first.
3. Near - he's a genius, IMO.

AnimeGirlX95
02-17-2009, 12:56 PM
Mello! He is better!

flclamvman
03-31-2009, 10:26 PM
Near, because he was the closest thing to L that was left, and thus was what kept me watching after L died
Both equal, i dont think the two ways are compareable enough to tell
Mello because he was more human, and easer to relate to

Cross Avantgarde
05-24-2009, 11:21 PM
1) Near, because watching him deduce possibilities with toys was very interesting.

2) Near, due to the fact that he didn’t do anything excessively subversive as Mello did, ensuring him the loyalty of the task force around him while Mello had thugs as part of his network.

3) I can’t decide, and I believe the illegal nature of most of Mello’s tactics that aided in his deductions overshadowed the genius behind his moves. Nevertheless, I think Near has the edge as his moves seemed a bit more decisive.