PDA

View Full Version : Slayers - Lets take a break

Animousflavista
11-16-2008, 07:35 PM
Hello..
This is my latest wallpaper. I'm currently watching Slayers first season and I've decided to make a wallpaper for it. As I'm doing the wall, I've noticed that their clothing has change on the latest Slayers Revolution.. aah I should wait till I finish all the season before doing the wall..

This is not finish yet, almost everything I tried to do on the wall are cannot be done as I intended to do. For example the grass seems to look fake, the tree on the left looks very smooth with no wood texture (I tried but failed). The leaves on the tree meanwhile are no done yet thats why it looks sketchy a bit..:unsure:
I really need someone help right now to finish the wall. I'll post screen caps of what I actually intend to do after this

p/s:
Due to change of enviroment from hostel to my family house, where the problem is they always make noise (watch TV, DVD, talk radio argghh)! because of this
I'm doing the wall very slow right now (Its almost a week now!) :banghead:, although I'm always free to reply as there is no class to attend.:)

Animousflavista
11-16-2008, 07:51 PM
The attachment shows what I intend to do. If someone know how to make this or have seen any tutorial for this it will be a great help to me.

UrusaiSevera
11-17-2008, 05:39 AM
Here's (http://psdtuts.com/tutorials/drawing/digitally-paint-a-fantasy-tree-scene/) a tut on how to digitally paint trees, it's not a really awesome tut, but I think you'll find it usefull.

As for the wallpaper, very nice. But the trees and the grass need to fit with the environment more. Also, I think the grass should have more shadows to it, perhaps you could also paint in some shrubs where the grass is, without making the whole scene too busy.

Animousflavista
11-17-2008, 08:46 AM
I really appreciate the tutorial, which include details about lighting, colours and shadows.Although the result is not what I'm looking for, the tuts does give me more knowledge Thank you.

Animousflavista
11-19-2008, 10:35 PM
version 2..
I've re-paint all except the characters and the river. Any suggestion and critiques are always welcome~ :)

* Dark Knight *
11-19-2008, 11:53 PM
version 2..
I've re-paint all except the characters and the river. Any suggestion and critiques are always welcome~ :)

Very good, but.. you could change the leaves from trees, that will make it more real, try to put more leafy branches. I like your wallpapers =) ;)

nichunter1
11-20-2008, 11:45 AM
One question did youd raw this? or did all on photoshop?

Animousflavista
11-21-2008, 05:53 AM
Very good, but.. you could change the leaves from trees, that will make it more real, try to put more leafy branches. I like your wallpapers =) ;) thanks, I'll change that soon.
One question did youd raw this? or did all on photoshop? I draw all them in photoshop... :)

nichunter1
11-21-2008, 10:55 AM
lool omfg im so bad at drawing with photoshop or with a pencial xD sux for me but wow gj ^^

MuZ0NaZ
11-23-2008, 04:32 PM
V2 is much, much better. Just add darker shadows to the tree in some places to increase contrast and re-paint the leaves (smoothing them out and adding bits of detail), they are ugly now. The campfire lighting is somewhat off too but it's not a big deal. Finally, you might want to remove the grass that's near water, it looks misplaced since its far too big.

Animousflavista
11-25-2008, 08:20 AM
lool omfg im so bad at drawing with photoshop or with a pencial xD sux for me but wow gj ^^

Haha I pretty sure you can do it better than me if you keep practicing. thank you:)

V2 is much, much better. Just add darker shadows to the tree in some places to increase contrast and re-paint the leaves (smoothing them out and adding bits of detail), they are ugly now. The campfire lighting is somewhat off too but it's not a big deal. Finally, you might want to remove the grass that's near water, it looks misplaced since its far too big.

I've re-do the leaves, fix shadows, and I've removed the grass near the water.:)

MuZ0NaZ
11-25-2008, 01:44 PM
You're nearly done. Just don't make the leaves transparent (or fix the way light shines through, it never looks leave-shaped). Also, don't be so lazy and blend the ground more (where you removed the grass near the water). Oh and keep the light rays, the colours look weird (too blue) without them.

Animousflavista
11-26-2008, 03:29 AM
okay... I've done it..:unsure:

Animousflavista
11-26-2008, 03:35 AM
sorry double post..