PDA

View Full Version : San Antonio, TX. River Walk.

Alycursed
11-15-2008, 02:38 AM
Here are some pictures I took in San Antonio.
We stayed in some fancy hotel near the River Walk which is gorgeous at night!
Unfortunately my camera isn't that great at night, but I still took some.
:]
Random photos.
The hotel was a little creepy to stay in because there were rumors that it was haunted.
Idk if it was true or not.
And that girl that looks a bit shocked..
my sister. XD

[email protected]>
11-15-2008, 06:12 AM
Me like your pictures. Seriously they are really good. I am sure if you buy new proffesional camera, you would make even better pictures. You should care about your sister though, she looks frightened, bad dude you are xD

Alycursed
11-18-2008, 01:32 PM
Aw, thanks. :D
Yeah, I seriously need a pro camera.
And yeah.. my sister..
She always does faces like that. XD

Kyo Kusanagi
11-19-2008, 07:37 PM
Its a nice place, but I wouldn't want to be in those parts at night.

Alycursed
11-20-2008, 01:34 PM
Its a nice place, but I wouldn't want to be in those parts at night.

Yeah, it gets pretty wierd at night.
The homeless guys look like they might just attack, or something.

Azul
11-21-2008, 10:32 AM
I love them, especially the first one. What's that an entrance or hallway? I also love the one with the chandellier and the tower looking thing.

Takanara_Naruleska
11-21-2008, 10:52 AM
I like your pictures! I go to the River Walk a lot, but I have never stayed at the hotels. But maybe its better that I don't, XD I don't want to be freaked out like your sis

Alycursed
11-21-2008, 02:35 PM
I love them, especially the first one. What's that an entrance or hallway? I also love the one with the chandellier and the tower looking thing.

The first one? Oh, that was the entrance hallway.. thing. Lol.
And thank you. :D

I like your pictures! I go to the River Walk a lot, but I have never stayed at the hotels. But maybe its better that I don't, XD I don't want to be freaked out like your sis

Thank you! X3 Wow, that's cool that you live there and get to go there all the time.
I live in McAllen, a little more south. :D While I was there I went to the mirror maze thing.
That was so much fun! I went about 34907245346 times. XD Anywho, yeah my parent's left me alone in the hotel for hours and I was scared to death. D: My sister fell asleep on me.

MuZ0NaZ
11-22-2008, 09:36 PM
Don't center your subject or use tilt without a good reason.

Alycursed
12-05-2008, 03:04 PM
Don't center your subject or use tilt without a good reason.

Why not?
Rule of Thirds?

Perpetual Specter
12-06-2008, 09:20 PM
I have to say, the inside of that hotel reminds me of the inside of the Stanley Hotel from Stephen King's "The Shining". =o

Finally, I can some photo criticism again. I do like the pixel quality and lighting, but there are quite a few things I didn't like about the photos. Take no offense please.

Although I tend to actually like when the subject in centered, unlike others, I don't like when the subject is centered, when there doesn't seem to be any scenery or setting around it, as it is in the eighth and ninth pics. The tenth and last pics are unusually blurry. I agree with Muzo about not tilting when there's no need or reason to, because it makes it look silly or like you were about drop the camera. I can tell you were trying to get out a theme in the pics, but some of them, especially third and sixth pics seemed too random or lacking a subject matter.

In my ranking overall, I give your pics a 3 out of 5, mainly for effort. There's a lot of room for improvement, but I believe you can take some really nice shots with more practice and the right advice. I did like the "tunnel" effect of the second pic btw. ^^;

yeng23
12-06-2008, 09:24 PM
`wow..
`its beautiful there..
`i wish i can also go there..^^

SigmaSD
12-06-2008, 09:26 PM
That looks like a fancy hotel. I'd hate to break something there. The city looks really clean, or at least cleaner than downtown Chicago (near where I live). Nice pics.

PS- How can your sister see with all of that hair in front of her eyes?

johnmason09
01-07-2009, 02:50 PM
Aw, thanks. :D
Yeah, I seriously need a pro camera.
And yeah.. my sister..
She always does faces like that. XD

Great pictures my friend!