PDA

View Full Version : Pictures of friends

~*Amelia Greatheart ~*
11-05-2008, 07:04 PM
I've looked through a lot of threads and I thought about making one for myself. I like taking photo's of people rather that objects or landscapes. It's just more intreging to me. The way the people move, how they move, how their emotions react. It's all very interesting to me.

Diocletian
11-05-2008, 07:15 PM
Photography is for artistic pictures, not of your friends.

OminousCloud
11-06-2008, 02:17 AM
Your photos are too big! Check the rules on maximum sizes and resize them accordingly.

The shadows on faces are terrible, composition also seems to be a little awkward.

*Shiori Tenka*
11-07-2008, 05:25 PM

I'm a teen model and friends with my actually pjotographer, just because they are your freinds does not make them any less artistic, merely more attached and meaningful to the photographer and model.

Keep an eye on the maximum sizes honey and I think the pictures are lovely and grands as long as you got the look you are doing for, although if you want constuctive critisism you should keep an eye on :shadows, angles, emotions, repetitiveness, awkwardness, and originality.

Looking forward to seeing more pics!

~Shiori

Tasuke
11-07-2008, 05:36 PM
how about this dear little friend of mine?

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll310/shaorin-chan/LA%20DOLLS/DSCF0486.jpg

wizz-o-matic
11-08-2008, 06:26 AM
@Master Tasuke: Don't post your photos in other's threads!

@~*Amelia Greatheart ~*: I suggest you to restudy about composition and light/shadow
And resize the damn photos >_>;

Tasuke
11-08-2008, 11:52 AM

@~*Amelia Greatheart ~*: I suggest you to restudy about composition and light/shadow

sorry, i misinterpreted the meaning of this thread. i thought the OP meant for everyone to post pics of their friends...

Jose
11-08-2008, 03:58 PM

o_____O;

Wrong.

I've asked both MuZ0NaZ and Kaitou Ace about this before and they both said modeling pictures [as long as they aren't your own] are allowed, don't know, but they are the moderators of this forum.

As for the picture this might like I am just piggy backing but you really might want to read up on lights and shadows, they are very important in photography. If you wish to pursuit a professional career in photography then it would be a good idea, also try more angles and different poses with your models/friends.

Diocletian
11-08-2008, 04:15 PM
o_____O;

Wrong.

I've asked both MuZ0NaZ and Kaitou Ace about this before and they modeling pictures are allowed, don't know, but they are the moderators of this forum.

As for the picture this might like I am just piggy backing but you really might want to read up on lights and shadows, they are very important in photography. If you wish to pursuit a professional career in photography then it would be a good idea, also try more angles and different poses with your models/friends.

Modeling is artistic. This isn't modeling though. It's more of myspace modeling.

~*Amelia Greatheart ~*
11-08-2008, 06:28 PM
Modeling is artistic. This isn't modeling though. It's more of myspace modeling.
And yet it is still modeling thank you for those of you who gave me good advise.

Azul
11-21-2008, 12:33 PM

Yiiiikes! I'll remember not to cross you. Ever!The lighting really is off. I can't stress this enough, i don't know much about photography but what i do know is that the pics look amateurish. Maybe it the models, doesn't have to be all because of the photographer. Even great artiste can't produce much without a good subject.

MuZ0NaZ
11-22-2008, 09:29 PM
Please resize your photos. Also, as others pointed out, you really need to work on the lighting. Light is the cornerstone in photography and taking pictures of friends in direct, harsh sunlight won't give you good results.

N I K O L E
11-27-2008, 04:53 PM
maybe you can try to edit a little bit your photos on psp, and make some more artistic of them :)