PDA

View Full Version : Neon Genesis Evangelion: Angelic Days - any good?

doomboy536
11-02-2008, 04:14 AM
So I just finished watching episode 26, and the alternate universe really stuck with me. I had a look around on wiki and found out that Angelic Days is supposed to explore this more. Has anyone here read it, and if so is it any good?

Sanosuke23
11-02-2008, 07:29 AM
It's not terrible, and I enjoy it immensely.

doomboy536
11-02-2008, 11:34 AM
Sweet, at least someone thinks that it's any good. I need to find a place I can get it in the UK or a place that will ship to the UK and won't charge me three arms and a leg :(

Funkgun
11-03-2008, 04:21 AM
What is cool about it, is Shinji is almost more likable in it.

Also, it has the whole Shinji being lifelong friends with Asuka, giving her more a reason to sorta like him... also Rei, speaks a lot more, and has more personality especially in the way of facial expressions which is nice too finally see.

it still gets a bit deep as it progresses, which is good.

doomboy536
11-03-2008, 09:11 AM
What is cool about it, is Shinji is almost more likable in it.

I like the way you use 'almost' :laugh:

Also, it has the whole Shinji being lifelong friends with Asuka, giving her more a reason to sorta like him... also Rei, speaks a lot more, and has more personality especially in the way of facial expressions which is nice too finally see.

it still gets a bit deep as it progresses, which is good.

All in all, it actually sounds quite good. I think my local Forbidden Planet has Volume 1 so I might pick it up tomorrow...

Funkgun
11-04-2008, 04:25 AM
I like the way you use 'almost' :laugh:

All in all, it actually sounds quite good. I think my local Forbidden Planet has Volume 1 so I might pick it up tomorrow...
Aces, well tell me what you think of it, if your able to get it :)

doomboy536
11-04-2008, 03:32 PM
Aces, well tell me what you think of it, if your able to get it :)

Sadly they only had volume 6 in, so when I get paid on friday to the internet I shall go :)

Funkgun
11-25-2008, 02:05 AM
By they way, did you ever get a chance to check this out yet Doom?

necropedal
11-25-2008, 10:05 PM
Not that I have read it, but from what I gather, if you love taking a satirical look at the EVA universe then this is the series for you.

And quite frankly, a series such as NGE could use a bit of laughter.

aubreygrrl
12-01-2008, 04:01 PM
Not that I have read it, but from what I gather, if you love taking a satirical look at the EVA universe then this is the series for you.

And quite frankly, a series such as NGE could use a bit of laughter.

I think it depends on your humor - I laughed at a LoT of diff. parts in Eva. But it was also really messed up and sad :-/ but i still love it ^_^

Funkgun
12-02-2008, 03:01 AM
I think it depends on your humor - I laughed at a LoT of diff. parts in Eva. But it was also really messed up and sad :-/ but i still love it ^_^
I think that is why it leaves such an imprint on people. It seems so light hearted at times (especially the beginning) then it switches gears... right around the time you start to care for the characters, things get heavy.

This manga has its darker edge as well, as it goes along :)