PDA

View Full Version : Chaos;head wallpaper

LavaBug
10-31-2008, 06:06 PM
Hi, I'm back in the business...it means...I made...something...
It's far from perfect I know... Some is due to the scan some is due to my
habbit of cluttering everything with grungy brushes and grainy stuff ^^°
(and I also cannot get my hands of green and purple contrasts I really like flamboyant coloring)
Anyway...It's not entirely my duty to badmouth my own work, it's yours...:P
So please go ahead and do your worst, but please be gentle ^^

Animousflavista
11-01-2008, 06:29 AM
its a very good concept but Im not getting the message of it... maybe I need to understand those japanese words? The grainy effect is quite good but at the top of the wall at the light source, the grain seems to explode some strange color..

LavaBug
11-01-2008, 06:54 AM
Well I understand the words but not the message behind it...yet ^^°
(literally it means : "those eyes, whose eyes are they?") and pops up in
the series a couple of times so far.
I basically just put it there to have some more elements
still thinking about removing the text at all.
As for a message...there basically is none I know of^^°
Maybe it's a reminder of never overuse stylistic elements ^^°

Hautalken
11-01-2008, 07:22 AM
TOO MUCH NOISE!!!!

It really deteriorates the look. And those splats of green on the top right have no purpose to fulfill. The text looks nice. It's not very necessary to understand what's written. But maybe lining it with the wall-thing would help.

And maybe removing that spot of light green on the bottom right and working on overall lighting will help ^^

OminousCloud
11-01-2008, 07:57 AM
I agree with the noise, it's too much and too distracting. I also think the background doesn't quite suit the image, I'm at a loss as to what sort of feeling you were trying to convey.

LavaBug
11-01-2008, 08:21 AM
I see your points guys maybe I can minimize that a bit in a next Version
For the time being...actualized Version:

AbsoluteAnimeFan
11-04-2008, 04:59 AM
Hmm..quite ok to my opinion.. the variety of color used is also good. Overall super hit.
Keep it up :)

slefouxo
11-04-2008, 02:09 PM
nice pic, i love the colors, but U could of at least went for smaller noise reduction. jut my thought thou ^_^

Miss Moonlight
11-04-2008, 02:11 PM
it is unique looking, but a bit too grainy.

Is that due to the image quality itself or the filters/effects you used?

AbsoluteAnimeFan
11-05-2008, 06:05 AM
Hi, I'm back in the business...it means...I made...something...
It's far from perfect I know... Some is due to the scan some is due to my
habbit of cluttering everything with grungy brushes and grainy stuff ^^°
(and I also cannot get my hands of green and purple contrasts I really like flamboyant coloring)
Anyway...It's not entirely my duty to badmouth my own work, it's yours...:P
So please go ahead and do your worst, but please be gentle ^^

Im not getting the message too. Can you tell us more about what inspired you to make such a nice picture mate?

Animousflavista
11-05-2008, 09:33 AM
I dont understand the wallpaper theme at all... gloomy, frustration, sad? angry? hmm....

LavaBug
11-05-2008, 10:51 AM
Like I said earlier in this thread
...As for a message...there basically is none I know of^^° Maybe it's a reminder of never overuse stylistic elements ^^° So to clarify...I did not really try to convey a message here... I more or less tried to get back in touch with my photoshop which laid bare for months and wanted to show the result ^^ Also I have a hang for grain and noise and black... If you must have have a theme to be happy just think I wanted to make a statement about people having a loss of reality combined with phantasies of death and mutilation and borderline personality disorder while having drunk too much coke and their hardships living in a cruel world they're not fit for.

wizz-o-matic
11-06-2008, 08:35 AM
... If you must have have a theme to be happy just think I wanted to make a statement about people having a loss of reality combined with phantasies of death and mutilation and borderline personality disorder while having drunk too much coke and their hardships living in a cruel world they're not fit for.
I see you like that anime D:

LavaBug
11-06-2008, 12:52 PM
Just because I pay attention to the story and the male main character instead of just the cute girls :P ?
But yes, I rather like it ^^