PDA

View Full Version : Who really won? L or Light?

KawaiiEmoDemiko_21
10-26-2008, 05:51 PM
~~L won!!~ At the end,Ryuk told light that he would be the one to write his name down in the Deathnote.Yeah,they both were super smart,but Near outsmarted Light! Near is the same as L,but same mind(kinda). So,in the BATTLE OF THE BRAINIACS,who do you think won?

InsaneLuffy
10-31-2008, 06:17 PM
L duh!!

Sagat
10-31-2008, 10:05 PM
L 's goal was to defeat Kira

L was killed in a round about way by Light

Yet it was L's legwork that resulted in Near (with Mello's help) being able to get Light.

In short, if it was not for L, then Light would have gotten away with it.

Light failed in his goal to create a new world. Light was defeated.

Even though he is dead, the victory still goes to L since his mission was accomplished - even after his death he continued to fight Light.

Misa Uchia
11-02-2008, 04:19 PM
L! No way Light won!

wordfarer
11-02-2008, 05:20 PM
Neither one put the finishing touches to either of their goals-Light's being to live and rule over his new world and L's to stop him. Obviously, Light never succeeded since he died in the end, but even before that L only contributed a great deal to Light's demise- the rest of the team and Near shed light (pun intended) on the mystery and brought it to a close. At least they both fell with a strong sense of his own beliefs, if even for one of them the sense looked like denial; it is denial of having been outwitted not that he is in the right in his actions.

Jinkazuma
11-13-2008, 10:39 PM
L was the smartest, Light was smart, he just had more insight on everything... and Near only won because mikumis mistake

Takeshiroichi
11-14-2008, 09:40 AM
L of course, from the first time he can guess Light is Kira. And Light will never know who is L if he don't show his self, until the end of L Light still don't know the real name of L.

ai_frostbite
11-14-2008, 11:29 AM
it was L
he got what he wanted even though he died
(R.I.P. T.T)
and (ha.)
light just died.
light didnt get anything...
he just ran out of ideas...
he went way too far.

Mystical.
11-14-2008, 02:10 PM
It was L. Although he did die, but after his death, two new people kinda...'replaced' L in some way. They are both smart and pretty much found evidence about the Kira case. They both had to do with L and surpassed L. Which those two people are Near and Mello but it Near said that he couldn't suprass L without Mello. They both worked together, which means...L won. Near and Mello helped eachother for L.

Lady Edani
11-14-2008, 02:36 PM
L won for sure

tokyoNH
11-20-2008, 07:11 AM

Yet it was L's legwork that resulted in Near (with Mello's help) being able to get Light.

Even though he is dead, the victory still goes to L since his mission was accomplished - even after his death he continued to fight Light.
I have to agree with this one!!

DemonsRevenge
11-20-2008, 07:24 AM
L sucks, im glad he died. I am a full kira supporter man. I actually thought Light won and then omg my heart dropped when he ddnt. I was like "oh stink that ruined it so much. I say alternate ending episode nao!

Tsuki.
11-20-2008, 04:39 PM
L won. Light cheated because he used a god of death. CHEATING!!!

LittleGirl
11-20-2008, 05:52 PM
L won, of course. He accomplished his goal, and Light did not.

thesaint
11-28-2008, 12:55 AM
L FTW! Very smart!

HeiBai
11-29-2008, 02:10 AM
L all the way. Even if Light continued L won him over. They were both clever but Light was just to hung up in his own game that he lost before he was caught.

Memento Mori
11-29-2008, 02:20 AM
Light never created his vision of a perfect world.

Light died. That's what L wanted.

Even if it was after L died, Light still died.

So, technically, only L's wish was fulfilled.

In conclusion: L won.

Jose
11-29-2008, 02:32 AM
Light never created his vision of a perfect world.

Light died. That's what L wanted.

Even if it was after L died, Light still died.

So, technically, only L's wish was fulfilled.

In conclusion: L won.

I thought that L's wish was to defeat Light himself?

Neither won =/

Crystal Rain
11-29-2008, 03:26 PM
L won. In the end Kira was stopped and that was the goal.

Aushkei Ver
11-29-2008, 10:03 PM
Light wanted to create " a perfect world. "
And L wanted Kira to be caught.
Seeing as how Light died and never created his 'amazing' world; while L died but Kira was actually caught.
I think L is the victor in this situation.

CrystalAce
12-03-2008, 10:59 PM
Well, in the end both of them died so can really who won! But then again in the end, Light did a very stupid mistake:glare: and that cost him his life so, in the BATTLE OF THE BRAINIACS, simply L won for things turned out as exactly as he had predicted .As for Light, he died trying to fulfill his unrealised dream. Poor fellow:python: !

milkymanga
01-11-2009, 05:02 PM

I can see where you are going with this but I actually disagree with your point on L winning. I think both L and Light had small victories. Obviously, L's victory was when Light was killed. But, if you remember the very end of the last volume of the manga there were people who still followed Kira's ways.
I don't think we can really tell who "won" unless the story was continued until the end of the world, but that would be asking for too much lol.

tokyoNH
01-11-2009, 05:05 PM
Yeah, it would be nice to see who's ideas won out in the end - after the story ends. They both thought so many steps ahead, like master chess-players.

Leleiron
01-11-2009, 05:41 PM
L won. Even Light said it. He was up against L again when he fought Mello and Near.So its like Near was L's replacement to kill Light but really it was L all along. Kinda confusing but point said: L wins.

RayCaptain
01-15-2009, 01:40 PM
Well I belive that L won, hands down.

koneko-eiji#_#nya!
02-27-2009, 06:01 AM
L won because he was the first one to know the name of kira
and light never knew the name of L

Magical Soul
02-27-2009, 06:05 AM
NEAR won. =)

Necro'lic Enigma
02-27-2009, 06:06 AM
Battle of brainiacs or a victory from all over , it would still be L anytime. He was the winner.

NightL
02-27-2009, 05:42 PM
There's a rumour, or actually...proof that Light became a Shinigami after his death. (Director's Cut, showing Ryuk talking to Light as a Shinigami). I try my best to believe it..
Anywho, if that's true, then, Light has truly won.
If that is a farce, L obviously won the moment he died.

Teddy2116
02-27-2009, 06:23 PM
Light had a higher body count so he wins :p

Sawada Ieyasu
03-05-2009, 02:00 PM
Light got pwned even though L died. So L technically wins.

ichimoku_fanboy
03-05-2009, 08:41 PM
id say Light at first sight, but if you go into specifics, than:

-L claimed he would find and defeat Kira, but he didnt do it, near did

-Kira wanted a world of no crime, which was accomplished for the most part, not even Luther King Jr. or Mother Theresa and the such were able to stop crime and/or hate to such an extent

-but also, Kira wanted to become god of the new world, which he didnt

-but, L never actually had hardcore proof it was Light that was Kira, he was going off of an ignorant hunch

id view it as a tie as neither officially accomplished their said goals and aspirations, but all in all, the wammy boys did in fact defeat Kira, so id have to say L, (even though i support Kira far more)

Datenshi25
03-09-2009, 04:07 PM
Well, I may get shot for saying this, but Light did do alot of things he set out to. War was stopped, crimes were nearly nonexistent, and most of the world worshiped him.
I doubt that all of his followers became disloyal after Light was killed. And that kind of mess could take years to clean up.

PatyKida
03-09-2009, 04:32 PM
Near fight in L's name, Near defeated Light, so L wins.

*claps* Yay L! *claps*

03-23-2009, 01:36 PM
well in terms of a battle between the two of them it was a draw as both achived their goals. light killed l and l stopped light.
if theres any true winner its ryuk

Sailor Mystery
03-23-2009, 03:23 PM
L WON!!!!!! xD

Zenga
03-23-2009, 03:28 PM
Depends. Kira dies: L wins. L dies, Kira wins. As much as I hate to say it,Light won because he killed L. Near beat Light even though he was one of L's heirs.

...I feel dirty.

Paku
03-23-2009, 03:31 PM
Doesn't matter.
In the end everyone hates Near.

Zenga
03-23-2009, 03:48 PM
I don't hate Near, I just wish he died.

demon ninja vizard
03-31-2009, 10:21 PM
Actually, even though this would be a little bit of though call, I'd have really say that this isn't really a true for either one. I really can't explain what I mean, but I'll try my best:

Light wanted to bring crime and corruption to an end, any way possible—failed (died due to Ryuk writing his name down).

L wanted to stop Kira's reign of death and to figure out the secrets of how this was accomplished—partially successful (secrets were discovered, but it wasn't L that stopped Light)

RoadCamelot
05-28-2009, 10:53 PM
If it was L vs Light, just those two, neither one won.
But if it was L and his successors vs Kira and his supporters, L won.

I guess it's hard to tell. :\

If it was a real fight, and not an intelligence battle, I think Light would win with his scythe. xD
I don't think Near would even get up. o-o

IT WOULD BE SO SWEET TO SEE THEM IN A FOOD FIGHT. :>

DarkMoonPrince
05-28-2009, 10:57 PM
L will always win in my mind. ^-^

Cross Avantgarde
05-28-2009, 11:45 PM
L will always win in my mind. ^-^

I second that! My reasoning is as follows:

Though the way things came full circle for Light once he retrieved the Death Note was certainly impressive, the information L gained at the end of episode two of the anime ultimately led to L’s strong conviction that Light was Kira. Light never really recovered from this, as he was constantly trying to make it appear as if he was innocent, despite L’s belief. The most Light accomplished to this end was leading L to believe that Light no longer had the powers of Kira and that the power could be transferred…which was exactly correct. He still suspected Light’s involvement.

Though L didn’t close the case, we all know that he was about to prove that the Death Note rules had been tampered with just prior to his death. That would’ve been the final nail in the coffin for Light. Even though L was unsuccessful in capturing him, Near hinged his suspicions that Light was Kira on the fact that L did the same thing earlier. Near had other pieces of evidence, but he desperately needed to know that L had come to the same conclusion. Thus, L’s suspicion was instrumental in Near’s success, and it all stems back to episode two and the large amount of info garnered from L’s brilliant tactics.

So, though Light’s full circle move was impressive, I’m convinced L won.

OtakuInu!!!
05-29-2009, 12:13 AM
Ryuk!!! hahaha!!!

L won because all he wants to do is stop Kira from murdering people.

Njn
05-31-2009, 05:38 AM
Near and Mello are in a way L's little legacy... L ftw.

IcePriestess
05-31-2009, 06:52 AM
L won of course. Near only fought with Kira, because of L's influence on him. Only because of L, Near and Mellow became these "detectives". So really it was L's victory, because Light had never achieved his real goal- To become god of the world.

Gero50
06-01-2009, 01:15 AM
Well that depends on who you're talking too. I'd say Light won but, it is not really clear. That's the interesting part about that part.

Dead rose
06-04-2009, 12:45 AM
L won. kira lost

SJ King
06-04-2009, 01:16 AM
Light won... it's pretty obvious. This is like saying if Light had a child and 20 years later the child found a death note and became god of the earth Light won. L got discovered, Light outplayed him and killed him. Simple as that IMO.

Near beat Light, L did not. L had no direct involvement with Kiras death, so he lost.

Divine_Flame
06-04-2009, 02:52 AM
That's tougher than it originally appears.
L's task was carried on through Near. In the end, Near succeeded in bringing down Kira. At the same time, L did not physically do this as he was, in the end, cornered and killed.

Light's initial goal was to make the world a better place, but as time went on, it changed into something more along the lines of prolonged dictatorship of the world. He did succeed in obtaining rule, but it only lasted several years.

L's goal was met, just not by L. Thus, he couldn't have won. While the information he gathered was the reason the case was solved, he was not physically there to finish the case himself. However, Light failed to overcome his final obstacle, Near.

Ironically, I'd have to say neither of them won.

If you are simply referring to the battle between L and Light, though, instead of the final result of the between Kira and his opposition, then I think it's quite obvious Light won.

L DIED. DEATH = PHAIL. Not really a way around that one...

Ryuuzaki HD
06-04-2009, 08:54 PM
Light won because he became a Shinigami or in other words a GOD of death, in life he stopped war and killed most of the criminals so that means he did create a new world that he can now reign over as a Shinigami.

http://www.animeforum.com/image/thum_2021594a287ab228eb3.jpg (http://www.animeforum.com/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=44003)

aishiteru333
06-04-2009, 09:47 PM
L knew Light was Kira but he died.
Light took over the name of L.
Near was the ultimate candidate to succeed L.
Light (in the name of L) died.
Near (as successor of L) proved Light Yagami aka Kira aka L to be guilty.
So either way L won... Or lost. Now I'm confused...

Shunshin Jhey-sama
06-05-2009, 04:09 PM
Haist the never-ending debate. . .>,<

Raito WON against L DUE to the supernatural tactics Raito CAN do with the DEATH NOTE.
L NEVER made a move/tactic that was fictional. He was a HUMAN genius.
L caught upon Raito without any supernatural means, even Raito and Misa have to use "diary tactics" shinigami and shinigami's eyes.
so in HUMAN standards, L won. >8P

Well, Raito may have won on the anime,
kedo L is still the one for me due to my said reasons ahahaha. . .XP

Melina Ayame
06-05-2009, 08:11 PM
hard to say really, they both died, which doesn't sound much like winning lol. I'd like to say L won, but it wasnt him, it was Near with the help of Mellow. They caught Kira in the end, not L, though he did contribute to the case a lot, he couldn't close it out. Therefore, even though I'd hate to admit it, in the personal battle between the two, light won. I remember in one episode he was saying that before he could move forward with any of his world changing plans, that he would have to get rid of L, which he accomplished

Alkazor
06-06-2009, 03:05 AM
Neither were happy. But L was happier.

Happiness = win ^_^

Actually, L ended up Dead,

Light ended up dead, neither achieved their goals.

Mello ended up dead.

Near won the game (I lost the game) but lost Mello (Probably not much of a loss), and now he'll be bored (not to mention he'll have to deal with the loss of Kira to the world outbreak) I think Near might be a winner...Actually, Near is a loser a heart. So he loses.
Rem is dead

Misa lost Light

The Yagamis are unhappy

Watari's dead

Rem's dead

Ryuuk is bored again

So that leaves...

The viewers. I guess we're the real winners.

megaman1
06-11-2009, 03:30 PM
L was defeated imo

Near and Mello defeated Kira and only because of the mistake of Light /x kira ( don't remember his name. ).

L's work may have helped them catch Kira but it wasn't all becasue of him in fact it was only because x kira and Light couldn't communicate.

SO in the end Light was bound to mess up eventually and get caught.

Scarred DNA
06-11-2009, 07:27 PM
L won.

1. Near and Mello are not separate entities to me. They are merely extensions of the original. See #2.

2. Despite being dead, L's resources (Mello and Near) still finished the job. Being alive is not a requirement for defeating one's opponent, in my opinion.

3. L died with dignity; Light did not. When he went, I had a bad taste in my mouth. He ended up being nothing more than a pampered cry-baby with a big gun.

4. Light cheated. Shinigami = Steroids. If the playing field had been equal . . . if Light hadn't had access to weaponry that L did not, L would have worked that boy.

Light lost the minute he let his emotions take over, which resulted in him basically giving himself away when he killed Lind L. Tailor. Stupid move.

Ryuuzaki HD
06-11-2009, 08:00 PM
In the end the only real winner was Ryuk.

AnimewillNEVERdie
06-12-2009, 01:56 AM
The winner was Near. But without Mello Near would have lost. Mello died and Near lived so Near won. L lost the moment he died..

Ryuk had a great time in the human world.....

IFS
06-12-2009, 02:34 AM
L won hands down, he suspected Light the whole time, but he knew with Light in the squad he won't be able to prove anything cause he had an aliby, so he decided to play Lights game sacrificing himself (in the sense he didn't stop Light because of no evidence and he was L friend), and he knew Near and Mellow would pick up where he left things, and get what they needed to capture or kill Light from a different point of view (outside of Lights operation).

Shunshin Jhey-sama
06-13-2009, 01:40 PM
4. Light cheated. Shinigami = Steroids. If the playing field had been equal . . . if Light hadn't had access to weaponry that L did not, L would have worked that boy.

my thoughts exactly. . .>>__<<

Zeokoz
06-15-2009, 01:03 AM
I would have to say L won, only because I think all L really wanted was to have justice prevail, in other words, have Kira/Light caught. Near and Mello obviously helped him catch Kira, and since Near was L's successor, L, in a way did win.

behind_you
06-15-2009, 01:44 AM
Wow. Light Dies? I never got that far since I stopped watching when L dies.

To be blunt, It was a tie cause they both died....I think

InvaderKap
06-16-2009, 01:21 PM
Ryuk, actually. He wanted something to do, and he got it, at the expense of almost everyone else. Except Near and a lot of the police guys.

Susaku
06-24-2009, 01:22 AM
L's purpose was to solve the Kira case and take him down. Although in his short term goals, L lost because Light was able to get him killed. On the long run, L knew that the information had passed on the Near and Mello. Therefore, Light technically was still wrapped around L's chains. Light ended up dying. Hence, he could no longer be Kira. Even though it cost L's life, in the end L still won. i would agree that Light beat L 5 years after L's death. In the show itself, they show L being chained to Light after his death symbolizing that there is no escape from L's judgement towards Kira.

dreamspook
06-24-2009, 03:00 PM
Light wanted L to die.
L wanted to catch Kira, which Near fullfilled.

They both died, but got what they(I guess) really want.

Star Mist
06-24-2009, 03:54 PM
Neither...

1. Light wanted to kill L, which he himself did not actually do.

2. L wanted to catch Kira, which he himself did not actually do

Neither..

Solipsism
06-28-2009, 11:53 AM
1. Light wanted to kill L, which he himself did not actually do.

2. L wanted to catch Kira, which he himself did not actually do

Neither..

On the actual question of the thread... that's extremely accurate, both only could be described as winning through a third party or asset at their disposal.

RenegadeC4v
07-02-2009, 02:37 PM
When you really get down to it, if we're just talking about L vs Light. Light won that battle. Although he was suspected the whole time, he never got caught by L and managed to get him killed. Now Near vs Light is a totally different story.