PDA

View Full Version : Aboout Final Fantasy going xbox.

Azure samurai
10-14-2008, 01:09 PM
Personally I loathe xbox :banghead: because it tries to take all the the tittles:angry1:

Anyway getting to final fantasy the god of all rpg's.. Y. I mean WHY does square enix have to sell out like this its pathetic..

Square soft wouldn't have sold out, yea I know that final fantasy didn't start out on sony..

anyway what is some other peoples opinions.

Beezer
10-14-2008, 02:25 PM
its like they went with the most popular video game system at the time. Just like last time they went with PS2, and then PS1 before that. It just happens that the 360 is the leader this gen so far. Thats why they have such a great selection of games. I'm not taking into consideration the Wii just because theres no way they'd put a major FF title on a system that isn't capable of amazing graphics. Crystal Chronicles or something but nothing too crazy.

Taikutsu_Remedy
10-14-2008, 06:02 PM
Videogamings at a pretty weird stage right now. It would seem that the 360 is the leader in terms of the 'big boy' consoles, but then again, the Wii is now getting Monster Hunter, which is insanely popular and one of the most graphically intensive series.

And with the advent of Little Big Planet, for all we know, the PS3 might be poised for a comeback.

Anyways, in regards to FF13 going xbox, I'm personally not too concerned. I've always felt the final fantasy series to be painfully overated (I want Suikoden VI dammit!), but nevertheless enjoyeble games. As long as they dont suddenly become xbox exclusives, I'm perfectly fine with them going duo.

Dogmat
10-14-2008, 08:37 PM
I too am ticked off about Xbox getting Final Fantasy. It'd be like if a Halo game was on Playstation, it just doesn't feel right. At least it's still getting released on PS3 which is the version I'll buy.

To answer the question of which company is the best I'd go with Squaresoft. Look no further than Final Fantasy VII-X.

Beezer
10-14-2008, 09:56 PM
I too am ticked off about Xbox getting Final Fantasy. It'd be like if a Halo game was on Playstation, it just doesn't feel right. At least it's still getting released on PS3 which is the version I'll buy.

To answer the question of which company is the best I'd go with Squaresoft. Look no further than Final Fantasy VII-X.

While I don't remember off hand, I'm sure people freaked when they took FF from Nintendo to Sony. Going from Sony to cross platform only helps them from a marketing standpoint. Now they release games on wii, ds, 360, ps3 and psp. All different types of games but still, all the major systems have em. Heck Final Fantasy XI was on xbox and i don't remember as much commotion about that.

GFx
10-14-2008, 10:16 PM
Seriously, this is just fanboyism.

Tell me how porting FFXIII to the XBOX system affects you(except for your fanboyism of course), since you're still going to play on the PS3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-uTnqYHZ-I

Do you seriously want to be like this guy?

Beezer
10-14-2008, 10:34 PM
^^

That guy reminds me of J.P. from grandmas boy lmao

The Governator
10-15-2008, 01:57 PM
I dont give a toss, I hate the FF series and all JRPG's so, I'm just enjoying the beawoo rage at the moment, oh its great being a PC gamer.

I love that video, I love angry fanboy beawoo's, he is brilliant

-|[Frank]|-
10-15-2008, 08:36 PM
Personally I loathe xbox :banghead: because it tries to take all the the tittles:angry1:

Anyway getting to final fantasy the god of all rpg's.. Y. I mean WHY does square enix have to sell out like this its pathetic..

Square soft wouldn't have sold out, yea I know that final fantasy didn't start out on sony..

anyway what is some other peoples opinions.

i dont see anything wrong with Final Fantasy going to the xbox....and i dont see how Xbox is trying "to take all the titles"?:unsure: it's the developers choice as to whether or not they want to port their games to another console etc. It's all about the demand, and gaming companies are out to gain money, so it's logical that they would want to go multi-platform.

Btw, kind of offtopic but still in regards to "exclusives" going "multi-platform". Apparently a new rumor has sparked some truth that MGS4 may be on its way to xbox 360 aswell?

Morningstar published a general article covering multiplatform trends that features a quote from a Konami public relations representative that should fuel rumors for months to come. The rep is quoted as saying, regarding MGS4, "We're actively looking into a release for the Xbox 360."

i doubt that it'll be possible, but it does kind of show that where there's a demand, companies will do whatever they can to gain from it

Taikutsu_Remedy
10-16-2008, 12:44 AM
Hmm, think the more even playing field is just a little hard to take for Sony users given how the Playstation and Playstation 2 dominated the video game industry during their respective generations.

Personally, it still feels weird knowing that Sony is no longer the company to beat when it comes to game consoles.

Azure samurai
10-16-2008, 01:25 PM
I love it people making there opinions about the systems and "fanboyism" what a laugh.

Dragon Ranger
10-21-2008, 07:21 AM
this kinda reminds me of the rumors of MGS 4 going to X-box, and I was like oh hell no, same can be said about FF XIII, x-box can go suck it

Kojack
10-21-2008, 07:50 AM
I'm actually happy to see this multi-platforming, especially Capcom's non-exclusive stance. If Microsoft pays a company to go multi-platform to their system, I don't mind. It's when Microsoft buys exclusivity that my broccoli gets boiled. I want to choose between consoles, not Metal Gear Solid and Gears of War.

yeng23
10-21-2008, 08:21 AM
_i voted in the square soft..^^

_i love final fantasy..

_i started to play that 3 years ago..

_but i finish that game 2 years ago...

Zombiliciouss
10-21-2008, 05:57 PM
On Poll: Capcom has all my favorite series... so yeah ^_^

but what does capcom have anything to do with this?

LittleGirl
10-21-2008, 06:14 PM
It doesn't bother me. Putting Final Fantasy 13 on both consoles makes sense. It's about money. It's a good move for both Square Enix and Microsoft. More people own a 360 in North America.

But, I would like Versus 13 to stay an exclusive...PS3 needs some more of those.

Oh my god that video above is pathetic. It was painful to watch.

Dace Penton
10-21-2008, 06:26 PM
I don't mind it at all. Final Fantasy has done something very few game series has ever done. Have at least one game of the series on a Nintendo, Sony, and Mircosoft product.

Also it's about the money they want more, who wouldn't

Kun
10-21-2008, 06:33 PM
It doesn't bother me. Putting Final Fantasy 13 on both consoles makes sense. It's about money. It's a good move for both Square Enix and Microsoft. More people own a 360 in North America.

But, I would like Versus 13 to stay an exclusive...PS3 needs some more of those.

Oh my god that video above is pathetic. It was painful to watch.

I agree...in everything...also what you said about the video... haha...there is nothing wrong about FFXIII, but I would really like to see SquareEnix or any company to make exclusive games for the PS3, that really take advantage of it's hardware...

Kishiro
10-21-2008, 07:16 PM
I really can't sit back and let threads fester with such dimwitted remarks and comments. Especially when the people who make them have no idea what they're talking about.

1) Squaresoft/Square Co. was bought out by The Enix company, and on April 1st 2003, officially became what is now SquareEnix.
2) What the hell does Capcom have to do with Final Fantasy. Oh that's right, NOTHING.

So now we get on to the topic at hand. Final Fantasty making an XB360 debut. I have two words and one though on that...

Big Deal.

Final Fantasy originated on Nintendo/Famicom, so what's the big deal with it finally getting of the Sony console only bandwagon? SquareEnix made a BRLLIANT move by taking Final Fantasy to multi-platform status. It means more money for them, and that people have more choices for the consoles they own.

I understand that console exclusives drive console sales. Because if every game was on every system, or if they all had the same control styles and schemes, there would be no need to make more than one. Save for minor exceptions.

However, 2nd and 3rd party franchises that have been around for years and years, and grew up with video games, why not let them be multi-platform? It is an overall win for the greater majority of people, except the greedy people who want to make profit off on just one console.

Anime-Prince
10-21-2008, 08:03 PM
"Oh no. I really can't believe it. A game that is apparently going to be awsome called final fantasy XIII is going to be released on the Xbox 360? Meaning more gamers can enjoy this amazing game, and it won't just be me? I won't be one of the only 1.8million sony users to exclusivly play it? Other gamers will get to expierence amazingness as well? HOW DARE THEY..."

LOL
Sarcasm aside..

Why does this bother people? Seriosuly just because 360 players are going to get a game which you can't wait for doesn't mean PS3 players wont get it anymore. It's better for the company.. more money which obviously will lead to (hopefully) bigger and better things.
Plus when will the 360 and ps3 fans realise that gaming is about games, and not a fan war of the different platforms...

Azure samurai
10-21-2008, 08:51 PM
Aight I love sony and final fantasy I don't care if it lets more peole enjoy the game or if it makes more money i just care about the fact that it should stay sony of nintendo.

-|[Frank]|-
10-21-2008, 10:46 PM
On Poll: Capcom has all my favorite series... so yeah ^_^

but what does capcom have anything to do with this?

i voted Capcom too lol! this topic is like....2 topics fused together:laugh:

Azure samurai - Aight I love sony and final fantasy I don't care if it lets more peole enjoy the game or if it makes more money i just care about the fact that it should stay sony of nintendo.

why do you even care? i mean, you're still getting the game on Playstation lol it's not like they're making it exclusively for xbox...:rolleyes:

Azure samurai
10-21-2008, 11:02 PM
I just wanted to know everyones true thoughts and there was no way if i made a nonbiast post.....

Taikutsu_Remedy
10-22-2008, 12:51 AM
Im rather disappointed by the number of votes for Squaresoft...while their games were good (and a few, great), I really don't think they made the best rpgs.

Lets not forget some other fantastic jrpg franchises like Suikoden, Valkyrie Profile and Star Ocean.

Anime-Prince
10-22-2008, 05:39 AM
Aight I love sony and final fantasy I don't care if it lets more peole enjoy the game or if it makes more money i just care about the fact that it should stay sony of nintendo.

Okay buddy.. heres the thing to an extent i can understand where your coming from. You love sony and want its exclusive titles to stay.. but believe it or not, i love sony too.

At least there creative side.

I was a guy who loved the sony consoles. Playstation over the N64. Playstation 2 Over the Xbox and Gamecube. I was a sony head, and didnt even think about microsoft untill the new generation came out. Sony released the PS3 as a massive pack with all this other stuff that i didnt care about. I don't care about blue ray or about a harddrive or online play. I just wanted a games machine that i could play!
The 360 offered me that, and didnt cost me 400+. And you know something, once i started playing the 360 games i realised that heck al gamers are in the same boat.

Made me realise that being a fan of just one company really only opens you up to a single range of games. Thats why people should be happy that everyone can play final fantasy XIII. If you really like the game that much then maybe its time to realise that everyone playing it is better than half of everyone.. wouldnt you say?

Taikutsu_Remedy
10-22-2008, 05:24 PM
@ Anime-Prince

True, but I think where a lot of the grief is coming from is that quite a few people may have bought a PS3 solely to play Final Fantasy; the fact that it's now no longer an exclusive would definitely irk some people.

Similarly, for those of us who don't have the money to buy several next gen consoles, we definitely want ours to have the lion's share of games. For PS3 owners, they were hoping Sony exclusives such as FF13 and MGS would help boost PS3 sales enough so that more high quality exclusives start coming out for the system, with FF13's entry to the 360, some of those hopes would have been dashed.

Dragon Ranger
10-22-2008, 05:30 PM
the only FF game I ever liked was FFX, XII it's a great game but it doesn't have the flair that X has

Anime-Prince
10-22-2008, 07:19 PM
@ Taikutsu Remedy

Yeah.. I don't have enough money to buy lots of next gen consoles either. Infact I had very little. Which is another reason I went with the 360, even though i love sony. I just didnt have 400+ to spend on a console like that.
I think its down to the avertsing. Companys shouldnt advertise with there consoles what exclusive games are coming to them. They should only advertise exclusive games from a company that is working exclusivly for one system. I know there arent many that do that.. but if not then its faulse advertising wouldnt you say?

Anyway, i understand what your saying. However i a massive fan of the MGS series. I absolutley love it, and the story of snake is one of the best told on any game or movie. Yet its only out on the playstation 3. I really wish it wasn't.. however i wouldnt think 'Oh well.. i'll go into debt to buy a playstation 3 just because its got MGS on.' I guess it's everyone to their own though.

:)

Dragon Ranger
10-22-2008, 08:10 PM
remember when we first got screwed with MGS VR Missions, and MGS 2 Substance neither came out on PS and PS2 first, they were out on Dreamcast

Amarhyllis
10-23-2008, 11:58 AM
I don't really care either way because FF to me is dead. IMO, it died with X-2 (I mean...come on...). And besides, what's so wrong with having FF on 360? There may be a lot of fans who have 360s instead of PS3s and are really happy about it. Also, this is also a chance to get new fans into the series by moving to different consoles. Not really different consoles, SHARED. It's still coming to PS3.

Amray The II
10-23-2008, 03:05 PM
I do not care what consoles it is to be released on, and to be honest, why should anyone care what systems it is to be released on? It is just a game, there is no need for these foolish debates.

I am one of the biggest Final Fantasy fans on this site, I garuntee to you, and it could not bother me less than it does now. Actually, I think that the people that are actually bothered about this should slap themselves. They are releasing it on Xbox 360 for certain reasons. one is that the profits for the game will pile, probably, 10 times a higher amount than if it was to be exclusive for the Playstation 3, which is natural. Any producers would take this into account.

Maybe a few years ago, when I was young and such, I might have cared. But now that I have matured and also now know that games, in the real world, mean nothing for a consumer except for ones entertainment and fun, it does not bother me in the slightest. I have more concerns regarding reality than to worry about silly little games and what they are to be released on. It is just a bloody game. Wanting it to be Playstation 3 exclusive is either because you are sad enough to worry about it, or you are being selfish because it is the only third generation console that you have.

Final Fantasy games were all released on PC too- Microsoft. Did anybody complain and rant about that? Well let me answer that question for you...."No". Did anybody complain when Sonic, a SEGA classic, started becoming interactive and released on the most popular systems such as Sony and Microsoft consoles? ...."No"

People that are actually stressed and aggravated by Final Fantasy being introduced to a new console deserve slaps.

Dragon Ranger
10-23-2008, 03:27 PM
I don't really care either way because FF to me is dead. IMO, it died with X-2 (I mean...come on...). And besides, what's so wrong with having FF on 360? There may be a lot of fans who have 360s instead of PS3s and are really happy about it. Also, this is also a chance to get new fans into the series by moving to different consoles. Not really different consoles, SHARED. It's still coming to PS3.

I do think back to when it was NES and SNES, then it moved to Sony, so yeah Nintendo fans got screwed

Amarhyllis
10-23-2008, 04:54 PM
I do think back to when it was NES and SNES, then it moved to Sony, so yeah Nintendo fans got screwed

Eh? But think of it this way, the reason they did the switch was because Nintendo was still doing cartridges. They were going to do 7 on Nintendo but said "hey, if we want to do this thing RIGHT, we'll do it on disks" and they left.
Nintendo fans did not get screwed, and even if they did, it was for the greater good right? We got 5 really awesome FF games because they did the switch. (Only counting 7, 8, 9, 10, and Tactics. 10-2 and 12...meh... 11 was ok to waste time on) Could you imagine what it would have been like if 7 was for the Genesis or SNES. It would not have sold very well. By moving to other systems, their fan base increased. I was one of them and I'm glad they made the switch to Sony.
I'm not blasting or flaming you, I'm just stating my opinion.

Anime-Prince
10-23-2008, 05:21 PM
I do not care what consoles it is to be released on, and to be honest, why should anyone care what systems it is to be released on? It is just a game, there is no need for these foolish debates.

I am one of the biggest Final Fantasy fans on this site, I garuntee to you, and it could not bother me less than it does now. Actually, I think that the people that are actually bothered about this should slap themselves. They are releasing it on Xbox 360 for certain reasons. one is that the profits for the game will pile, probably, 10 times a higher amount than if it was to be exclusive for the Playstation 3, which is natural. Any producers would take this into account.

Maybe a few years ago, when I was young and such, I might have cared. But now that I have matured and also now know that games, in the real world, mean nothing for a consumer except for ones entertainment and fun, it does not bother me in the slightest. I have more concerns regarding reality than to worry about silly little games and what they are to be released on. It is just a bloody game. Wanting it to be Playstation 3 exclusive is either because you are sad enough to worry about it, or you are being selfish because it is the only third generation console that you have.

Final Fantasy games were all released on PC too- Microsoft. Did anybody complain and rant about that? Well let me answer that question for you...."No". Did anybody complain when Sonic, a SEGA classic, started becoming interactive and released on the most popular systems such as Sony and Microsoft consoles? ...."No"

People that are actually stressed and aggravated by Final Fantasy being introduced to a new console deserve slaps.

Hey.. I agree with what you said.. just not the way you said it. Telling people to go slap themselves.. not cool man.

Amray The II
10-23-2008, 05:30 PM
Hey.. I agree with what you said.. just not the way you said it. Telling people to go slap themselves.. not cool man.

It does not have to be a hard slap, just a little tap on the cheek or something similar.

Basically I was telling these types of people to wake up more and breath some fresh, outside air into their lungs. Getting stressfully emotional over a game being released on a new system is just pathetic. That is my own opinion.

It matters not how much one shouts, screams, and worries, as the terrible things that life consists of still occur. Whether these people like it or not, Final Fantasy XIII is to be released onto the Xbox 360 system. They should learn to stop crying over games and save their tears for things that actually matter in life.

Anime-Prince
10-23-2008, 05:38 PM
It does not have to be a hard slap, just a little tap on the cheek or something similar.

Basically I was telling these types of people to wake up more and breath some fresh, outside air into their lungs. Getting stressfully emotional over a game being released on a new system is just pathetic. That is my own opinion.

It matters not how much one shouts, screams, and worries, as the terrible things that life consists of still occur. Whether these people like it or not, Final Fantasy XIII is to be released onto the Xbox 360 system. They should learn to stop crying over games and save their tears for things that actually matter in life.

LOL im not denying that theres people who seem to care too much about things like this. That wasn't my point. It's just the way you phrased that would have had somebody get really annoyed and start flaming you. Theres no call for it.

Know what im saying?

Amray The II
10-23-2008, 05:49 PM
LOL im not denying that theres people who seem to care too much about things like this. That wasn't my point. It's just the way you phrased that would have had somebody get really annoyed and start flaming you. Theres no call for it.

Know what im saying?

I appreciate it, although there is no need for concern. Alas if a raging post is directed at me I will simply just ignore it and cast it aside. I do not bother with such things anymore. It is not as though they will change my opinion anyway as I will just simply laugh at their post and then leave the thread. Their efforts to annoy me and cause an argument are therefore diminished.

I was only stating my own personal opinion on the matter. If they do not like it then why should it bother me? It is what threads such as this are made for.

Dragon Ranger
10-23-2008, 06:15 PM
there was one game that was on Saturn I wished it was on PS and that was Guardian Hereos, but oh well, I was glad that games like Lunar and Lunar 2 were re done from the Sega CD to PS1

Kishiro
10-24-2008, 08:43 AM

Agreeing with Kajiwara/Amray makes you go crazy, and generally wrong.

Pay him no head as his posts are typically off topic or full of criticisms and ranting, and rather than talking about the topic, he talks about how stupid the people discussing it are for being on side A or B.

As for the side conversation in and of itself, feel free to carry it on and discuss how you think things should and should not be discussed about topics on the forums.... outside the forums.

Anime-Prince
10-24-2008, 03:00 PM
Agreeing with Kajiwara/Amray makes you go crazy, and generally wrong.

Pay him no head as his posts are typically off topic or full of criticisms and ranting, and rather than talking about the topic, he talks about how stupid the people discussing it are for being on side A or B.

As for the side conversation in and of itself, feel free to carry it on and discuss how you think things should and should not be discussed about topics on the forums.... outside the forums.

I apologise.

I was just trying to stop a flame war happening. I know thats not my job, so i'll just leave things next time.