PDA

View Full Version : Cowboy Bebop

Cloud Strife
10-17-2003, 03:44 PM
- Storyline: A-
- Characters: B+
- Music: B+
- Total score: A

General Outlook: If you haven't seen the TV shows I recommend that you must. It's one of the best anime out right now. The series is about 22-23 minutes long each episode. If you are already an Cowboy Bebop fan you will love the movie Knocking on Heavens Door.

Music: The type of music is mostly Jazz. Excellent music for the show. They should have some midwestern theme to it too though.

Characters: The characters are all well and good made. Even if it has been a little misstake with the characters in the anime it's not a very big deal of it.

- Spike Spiegel: An bounty hunter with a dark past. His also an former mafia member of the gruop Red Dragons where he left the gruop 3 years ago. Even that he has died 3 years ago. Since that time.. Spike has watched the world through one eye that looks out, and another that faces the dream. He's also skilled at martial arts and with his gun help make him one someone you definitely do not want to mess with.

- Jet Black: An other bounty hunter that helps Spike. Jet is also one of the few pepole Spike trust. He is in charge of the piloting of the ship Bebop. Jet is a former member of ISSP (a space police force). He has still some contacts with the police force to get info on the criminals they are after. Jet has a metalic cyborg arm. What happend to the arm I will never tell. Beacuse I will spoil a part of the storyline that is later on. Jet's nickname is Black Dog because once he gets his hands on something.. He never lets it go. He's also doing all the cocking in the Bebop while Spike trains Martal Arts or watching Big Shot (an bounty hunter program).

- Faye Valentine: If Spike is the main male character then Faye definitely is the main female character. She's also a bounty hunter and won't be afraid to take a risk if it means getting her hands on the bounty first. She is daring and competitive, and has managed to win the prize from Spike on several occasions. She always comes prepared. Faye is the woman you want to avoid in a shooting match or a card game. She is the real Lady Luck.

- Edward Wong Hau Pepelu Tivrusky 4th: Ed for short. She lived on Earth before and she's a genius hacker that helps the Bebop crew. She can hack intro just about any computer and uses the name Radical Edward.

- Ein: A little Welsh Corgi dog that Spike is saddled with at the end of Session #2. He is a dog that was born and raised in a laboratory and was experimented on. The result of the lab life is that Ein is now smarter than a normal dog.

Jealous_of_Keitaro
10-21-2003, 05:47 PM
I will gladly agree that cowboy bebop is one of the best out there. Not my personal fav over all but very close. 3rd actualy. Not to mention that the music is very cool.

Daenerys
10-21-2003, 07:16 PM
I love the Art in cowboy bebop, it's so good. And Spike is so goddamn funny. The Beta Episode with Faye's childhood is one of my favorites, out of the few I've seen anyway.

spider-man-old
10-22-2003, 03:27 PM
Cowboy bebop has to be in my top list I think it might just be my favorite... it's like a tie between that flcl and maybe hellsing. bebop has some of the best stories and has the best music... heavy metal queen was the first episode I saw and my favorite episode has to be th episode wher edward finds her dad oh and ballad of fallen angels.

Serge
10-23-2003, 11:45 PM
i love cowboy beebop i do have one of the movies not sure if its the one u metioned Cloud so do u know where i can find it? and if u havent seen it U MUST I REPEAT U MUST see the movie AKIRA..that movie was wicked awsome

spider-man-old
10-24-2003, 12:12 AM
Isn't it a rule that if you haven't seen akira you aren't aloud to discuss anime ever? No I think it's more of a natural law.

Serge
10-24-2003, 07:07 PM
lol but yeah that movie was awsome could u suggest some others to see im always looking for more?

Daenerys
10-24-2003, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by we are... radditz?@Oct 23 2003, 08:07 PM
Isn't it a rule that if you haven't seen akira you aren't aloud to discuss anime ever? No I think it's more of a natural law.
I've never seen Akira, and I'm still able and allowed for that matter to talk anime, so NYAH!.

Serge
10-24-2003, 10:37 PM
Ai i highly recomend u see the movie its awsome but dont take my word for it...maybe i shouldnt go that far..if u get a chance to see it, see it

Cloud Strife
10-25-2003, 01:41 PM
akira wasn't that good in my opinion. and yes i've seen it. it's 3 hours long.

Serge
10-25-2003, 03:37 PM
ok well im just vocing my opion on it and who cares if it was 3hrs long?

spider-man-old
10-26-2003, 03:12 PM
What!? WHy haven't yopu seen akira.. oh wait every time rani rented it no one ever watched it... although before she saw trigun it was her favorite anime.

Serge
10-26-2003, 07:56 PM
im confused u were like all over the place try to center on 1 thing at a time

spider-man-old
10-28-2003, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by Serge@Oct 26 2003, 05:51 PM
im confused u were like all over the place try to center on 1 thing at a time
That's ok I am quite insane so it doesn't matter what I say.... Ai understands

Serge
10-28-2003, 06:02 PM
yeah being insane is great but if no one understands u then its not so good but u have found person who does thats great and remember theres nothing wrong w/ being insane.

spider-man-old
10-28-2003, 06:04 PM
hooray for never ending sentences!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ! :blink:

Permanence
10-29-2003, 12:27 AM
cowboy bebop IS my fav anime. mainly for the fact that even when nothing really is happening they find very cleaver ways to keep you amused. and they always make good use of the characters too. and i'm also going to say that knocking on heavens door is my fav anime movie as well.

Serge
10-29-2003, 05:56 PM
isnt that the Cowboy Beebop movie? i have one but im not sure if it is Knocking on Heavens Door.

Omni
10-29-2003, 06:21 PM
I had seen the first episode some time ago, and today I rented the movie, which was great. I'd buy the dvds and watch all the episodes if I had money..lol

Serge
10-29-2003, 07:59 PM
if u want money get a job or beg ur parents whichever applys to how old u r

spider-man-old
10-29-2003, 08:48 PM
yes the movie that was released in the us is knocking on heavens door... the only bebop movie (has way better music in japanese)

Serge
10-29-2003, 11:44 PM
ok so the one that i have about the virus in the beads is the ok, i was jus makin sure thx

Alexiel
11-20-2003, 03:16 PM
I'm still watching it :huh: But I love Edward! XDD
And I don't understand why Spike says Faye is a "tomboy" @.@

spider-man-old
11-21-2003, 05:22 AM
I think he says that not because of how she dresses, but how rough and tumble and how tough she is. I think it is supposed to be more of a compliment saying she is as good a bounty hunter as one of the guys.

Unchained Deception
11-21-2003, 05:51 AM
Wow. Alot on Bebop. Not my fav though. I have to go with Akira. All time greatest. First anime i ever saw. I was hooked from that day on.

Anime Junkie
11-22-2003, 03:21 PM
Thats way i loved cowboy bebop cuz of the cool jazz songs they had in the eps.

-SaturnBattousai-
12-03-2003, 12:36 AM
Definitly one of the best anime out there right now. It ranks right up there with Kenshin on my list. Spike can really kick some donkey although Ed's father is kick donkey to.

marnadoll
12-05-2003, 04:37 PM
the cowboy bebop movie ROCKS

I actually just finished watching it.(not for the first time)
Its one of my fav anime movies.

-SaturnBattousai-
12-08-2003, 09:58 AM
i never got to see that i only heard that the girl in there is just as good as spike when it comes to fighting i have to se it one day though

marnadoll
12-10-2003, 09:29 PM
Yes you must see it
it ROCKS :)

HCI
12-24-2003, 08:15 AM
wow, from bebop to akira, akira was probally the best movie that i have seen, but the best series by far is rourini kenshin. beebop is my next fav. series tho. anyways do you guys know that, correct me if im wrong, but i believe that march 2004 tetsuins revenge(sp??) come out, its the sequel to akira, cant wait!!!!

Yamcha
12-24-2003, 10:52 AM
rourini kenshin got all messed up! Samurai X was awesome, and they pretty much ruined it with rourini. Anyways, Cowboy Bebop is defintly one of the better series out there. I like anime that has a bounty hunter theme to it. That and inflitartion.

-SaturnBattousai-
12-28-2003, 01:18 AM
well to each his own, its really hard for me to say out of all the anime i like but RK would probably take number 1 on my list. its after that which i probably couldnt decide.

Yamcha
12-29-2003, 01:25 PM
RK just gets repitious. I mean, Samurai X, was awesome because it was something new, and it gave a nice look into the past and everything. However, I do like how RK is sorta real to. Because there was a Battousai in japan that killed like hunreads of people.

The One
12-29-2003, 09:55 PM
To many people watching the RK series would be confused to how Kenshin really got the cross shape scar on his left cheek and why he is a wounderer. I don't have to tell any of you about it so I won't. The Samurai X movies fill in the the blanks that have been on people's faces since the show came on. I only wish that the show had been made like Trust and Betrayal and Reflections. Not to mention the voice acting was one of the best I have heard yet. The last episode in Rk they spoke about Tomoe who was Kenshin's first love during the revolution. They didn't mention her too much in the show but in both of the movies you find out who she was and Kenshin's relation to her and his behavior before and after she was brought into his life. I personally loved both the movies and the series. Cowboy Bebop was great too. Steven J Blum and David Lucas seem to be the same person to me but....ye never know. Knockin on Heaven's Door was excellent. Vincent was a man who was living in a constant dream in which he could never wake up from. Until Elecktra showed him the door at the end.

SaturnBatosai, the lady you are talkin about was Elecktra. Im sorry but when she fought Spike, he made her look like a joke. She couldn't land one single punch on him. The only thing she did was brake the broom that he had in his hands. Wow, what a great achievement. Braking a stick. Spike never really hit her but he still made her look foolish. You should see the Spike VS Vincent fight in the monorail and at the tower at the end. Spike is a savage when it comes to hand-to-hand combat! You see what he did to Azamof in Astreoid Blues?

Yamcha
12-30-2003, 06:59 AM
lol who was the one guy that Spike fought; that was worth 50 bucks but they thought was worth 50,000,000,000? Dude that guy on earth kicked spikes butt! But other then that spike is a pretty good fighter, his only weakness is he's to eager. He'll go onto a mission without even knowing the details, and sometimes comes to almost deathly expierences (course there are more episodes so you know he stays alive). But I mean sometimes u just gotta think before u act.

The One
12-30-2003, 12:17 PM
Spike dosn't really care. He has been through the worst already. He also has an extremely strong will to live. You saw episode 5 Ballad of Fallen Angels? Vicious threw Spike out of that church that was at least 5 or 6 stories high. Did he die then? No. When he fought Mad Pierrot did he die? No. Sometimes it can be considered luck and others it can be considered fate. It just wasn't his time to die. Not until he fought Vicious for that last time in Real Folk Blues part 2.

Spike did kick Vincent's tail the second time around at the end of the movie.

Yamcha
12-30-2003, 03:01 PM
lol, Spike is pretty cool; however I don't think that he's that great. His character has a good input on life, but has a very defining way of going about things which in some cases makes it both extremly and funny to watch. And then others its more repitious because basicly you know whats gonna happen because he usually goes about the same way of doing things each and everytime. Of course however there are execptions but u do get the basic point in which I'm trying to make.

demonplight
12-30-2003, 05:05 PM
you should see the stink on Adult Swims message board when they took it off the air, Its been on for like 3 years same 26 or so eps, and Im still watching it. every time they take it off, there are like 2000, or so post in protest. Its fun to watch. lol

The One
12-30-2003, 09:06 PM
Thats how you know that Spike is who he is. He does his own thing. He reacts the same way because he has been doing it his whole life and when ever he got into to mix he just kep calm and did what was natural. He made it out every time until the last episode.

Yamcha
12-30-2003, 09:08 PM
yea that was a pretty good kicker.

-SaturnBattousai-
01-07-2004, 08:00 AM
The Samurai X Movies are the poo, i wont lie about that. But i dont think that the way he got his scar is all the important to the acutal series. Not that it would be a bad thing if they showed it on TV, i would be glued to the television if they did. lol, i think every RK fan would.
also, about the Cowboy Beebop movie, i only heard that the lady in that movie was as good as him. Guess my source was wrong... i must correct him. 50 LASHINGS!!!!

Cantido878
01-09-2004, 11:59 PM
My favorite episode is the one with the lobster in the fridge especally how serious and totally funny the episod got at times allong with Mushroom Samba. Knockin at Heavens Door is great. When dose it take place? I know its later in the seres.

(for FLCL fans the english voice actor for Ed is also Ninamori/the class presadent)

marnadoll
01-25-2004, 11:58 AM
Toys in the Attic is a realy funny episode
my fav epi is #9 Jamming with Edward :lol:

Oni
01-28-2004, 07:28 AM
I've heard about Cowboy Bepop alot! and now i want to see it!!!! i gotta get some later sometime! :^_^:

Mutsumi_Motoko
02-02-2004, 07:00 PM
Cowboy Bebop is my favorite anime aswell .. I love the jazz music and how well they can keep the theme together throught the whole show ( Big O doesn't do that too good it seems ). I love adult swim's cards . ' why did the monkey fall out of the tree ?..... Because he had no arms . why did the girl fall out of the tree ? .... because she was stapled to the monkey...'

My favorite eposode is when faye meets spike and jet .

p.s~Also i was wondering if anyone knows of any other stations that show anime ?

Niongi
02-03-2004, 07:21 PM
Cowboy Bebop is cool, but which guy has the green hair?

marnadoll
02-06-2004, 10:07 AM
Spike has dark green hair

AnimeRogue
02-07-2004, 01:13 AM
Cowboy Bebop is my very favoite!!! :D I completly love everything about it! I can't even tell you how many times I have seen it. But you should really watch it to really see for your self. Because that review is not completly accurate!!! But I guess that the reviewer isn't a real fanatic! And most likely only seen the whole series once or maybe twice. And thinks they know what exactly what there talking about!!

Cloud X43
02-08-2004, 01:44 PM
do they even still show Cowboy Bebop?

Foamy
02-16-2004, 05:42 PM
yup, they still show cowboy bebop, on adult swim.

Niongi
02-16-2004, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by marnadoll@Feb 6 2004, 09:07 AM
Spike has dark green hair
Thanks i always get confused :) :rolleyes:

Cloud X43
02-16-2004, 08:06 PM
I like that pic, that dude in the back has a nice view of that girl's donkey, lol

gadgetgirl16
03-14-2004, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Foamy@Feb 16 2004, 04:42 PM
yup, they still show cowboy bebop, on adult swim.
Cowboy Bebop was the first anime showed on adult swim, i remember when it first came on......i glued my eyes to the T.V. every sunday night.......but i forget what time it came on......that was 3 years ago :blink:

shadowmist_011
03-22-2004, 02:04 AM
i have never watched Cowboy bepop (becz. it had never premiered in the Philippines) but i heard it's really good, is it? :huh:

inuyasha1287
04-25-2004, 01:55 PM
hello i'm new and just read about cowboy bebop, i just want to say it is one of the best anime's out there :D spike is my favorite character, wait they all are especially ed.

mini-Mimiru7
04-29-2004, 05:00 PM
I LUV COWBOY BEBOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The fact that it had jazz and country really lurred me in.
But the awsome action, antics and relationships kept me coming back.
This show is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :^_^: :D :) B)

My fav. eps. is the one where he teaches Rouko how to be fluid.
Fav. character: ED
SHE"S THE COOLEST!!!!!!!
(not to mention the funniest :P )

By the way, hi newbi.
Trust me, as long as you're one of us you're cool with me. :)

EvaJunky
04-30-2004, 08:17 AM
Bebop rules! Third best anime ever! Vicious is practically my idol (next to Saitou). Well, minus the mob connections. :D

Everything about Bebop is simply stunning, but I think it's music is where it really shines. Every single piece of music is absolutly beautiful in this series, and totally appropriate for the mood of whatever scene it's in.

IdiotSpork
06-22-2004, 02:45 AM
Cowoby Bebop is one of my favorite anime because of the characters, and also the awesome fight scenes (mostly between Spike and Vicious), the story also never really gets boring. I think Trigun and Hellsing were almost as good. The movie is good but there are better anime movies.

cowboydemon666
09-05-2004, 08:16 PM
One of the main reasons i adore Cowboy Bebop is that they actually had the guts to kill off the main character. Sometimes you just need to know when to let go, and i thought it was a good time for Spike. He is so kick donkey. So is the music man. The music is great. Cowboy Bebop is most definatly one of the best anime series out there.

Teny
09-05-2004, 09:26 PM
Hey!
FYI
the crator if the serie's wantsa to continut the series with Spike as th manin character.
and even thought a star did go out it could have. and will be if the series continues.. been Vicious's star
maybe he'l wakle up in a hospital and lave without checking out
or lose his meory or something.

DeathVictorious
09-10-2004, 09:31 AM
spike is hootttt that's all I know. . . . too bad at the end. . . . oh man. . . if there was anyone in this planet that looked like him and I saw him. . . I would probably die happily! :P