PDA

View Full Version : Neon Genesis Evangelion The Movie!!

megplurttt
09-30-2008, 03:26 AM
:D The much awaited movie is coming on 2009!
starring Elijah Wood as Shinji Ikari...
OMG,, I cant wait...I really Love SHinji!!:D

jnLL
09-30-2008, 04:38 AM
omg ! is that for real ?! o_O
i can't believe they're gonna do a movie. .
shinji !!

Datenshi
09-30-2008, 07:35 AM

Am I the only one who feels like he lost a kidney after reading that?

There's no way it's going to succeed. In my opinion the series was already perfected with the original anime. The bashers at 2-channel are going to have a field day with this one.

suzumi
09-30-2008, 10:10 AM
Elijah Wood...as Shinji...?

Oh my dear god, that is just WRONG!!!

This is almost worst than the "Zac Efron as Yagami Light" thing... >_<

Sickness
10-08-2008, 12:01 PM
Frodo is Shinji??? LOL I'm gonna puke! That movie will suck so bad. I'll stick with anime, sorry! They will only make it look less like anime, and more like emo crap.
Seriously someone of age from 14 to 25 should act Shinji.
Shinji is not a hobbit, his a motherficking psyho killer. Like Akira.

Dr. Hax
10-08-2008, 01:03 PM
Am I the only one who feels like he lost a kidney after reading that?

There's no way it's going to succeed. In my opinion the series was already perfected with the original anime. The bashers at 2-channel are going to have a field day with this one.

I feel like I have testicular cancer from reading that...It was just that bad.

I have to see what 2-chan will say on this one.

Elijah Wood...as Shinji...?

Oh my dear god, that is just WRONG!!!

Okay people, think...Who would actually make a great Shinji? More importantly, who would make a superior Gendo?

Seriously someone of age from 14 to 25 should act Shinji.

I wouldn't go as high as 25...16 or 18 is cool though.

Beezer
10-14-2008, 06:53 PM
so is this the same "story" from like 2 years ago or is this updated? I remember hearing this rumor before and nothing came of it.
If they were to do a eva live action movie I hope they would use actual age appropriate actors instead of elijah wood who is 27.

dragongundam009
10-20-2008, 11:52 AM
I don't think it's real, go on you Utube and your see all the fake real life EVA move's people were saying coming out this year.:closedeye

zerog
10-20-2008, 12:51 PM
I'm so tired about this movie, I'm not even going to watch when it is out, there is too much hype about this stuff...

Phoenixphire55
10-23-2008, 10:43 PM
Nooo, you guys, come on. That's not real. That trailer was made by someone who wants there to be an Evangelion movie. As amazing as it would be, from what I've read the movie is still in the earliest stages.

I do think Kirsten Dunst would be great as Asuka. I always like to think of the kids as being older than 14 anyway. Asuka is supposed to be some *****y vixen, and to me that doesn't work for a 14 year old. :-p

Ridana
10-27-2008, 12:34 AM
I believe I've seen the "trailer" that is being discussed, and a second viewing (without the giddy fan-goggles) quickly reveals that it is spliced together footage of other movies that most of us have probably seen. That, and some pretty obvious drawn-on facial hair on Gendo (which is really Agent Smith from The Matrix).

I have difficulty believing that Eva can be easily boiled down into a movie. Even with a long run time, and stretching it into a trilogy would require the deletion of some important plot points. I know in movie adaptations for Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter this was done successfully, however, while those stories can be argued to have some simple thematic elements and symbolism, Eva positively drips with deep multilayed metaphors. Movies rarely deal with those sorts of stories, even more rarely deal with them well, and rarer still are commercial successes afterwards. I'd love to be proven wrong, seriously I would be thrilled to be shown that my cynicism runs too deep, but I doubt that would happen in relation to Eva.

doomboy536
11-02-2008, 02:16 AM
Ah good ol' spambots :laugh:

Funkgun
11-02-2008, 02:31 AM
Ah good ol' spambots :laugh:
aye yes, the bain of many a community, do they actually work I wonder? I actually am amazed a company like Nike town employs them.

necropedal
11-24-2008, 12:53 AM
All of the information pertinent to a live action Evangelion film at this point is merely here say and conjecture.

At the moment according to Wikipedia.org, the only information present is that they have submitted ideas for it to directors, Spielberg I believe is one of them.

That and the fact that capital is still being raised for the project with somewhere between 50-60% of the $100-$150million required to get the film of the ground currently having been raised.

Also they plan on doing the same thing with this as Peter Jackson did with the Lord of the Rings and that is make a trilogy of films with them so as not to detract from the overall story.

So far tentative release dates have been scheduled for somewhere between Summer 2009 and mid 2015, so, although it would be fantastic to see it made, I will not be one of the ones who is holding my breath.

If anyone can provide further information I would be highly interested in hearing from you.

Dark-Sasuke
11-24-2008, 02:53 AM
lol that trailer was fan-made, they are making a live action but they haven't said anything about who the actors, people just spread rumours that, shinji - Elijah Wood, Asuka - Emma Watson, etc etc... they are making a movie, but i don't even think its gone into production yet, i think its just in the talks

doomboy536
11-24-2008, 09:10 AM
I am sceptical as to whether these films will actually be made. If they do, I shall gibber for joy. If not, well we still have the anime ;)

thesaint
11-28-2008, 01:21 AM
Elijah Wood? I hope not. I thought the cast hasn't been announces exactly yet. I do know they mentioned the cast is very "white" and people are debating over that since its an asian product. I don't know why there is so much debate when most anime-characters look white. *shrug*. Personally I don't care who they use as long as they look the part and can act. NGE was my first intro to anime years ago so they better now mess it up.

pooter
11-28-2008, 06:58 AM
so fake

emotionless_teenage
12-24-2008, 03:51 AM
well,i don't quite care about shinji,but how about rei ayanami

i'm really sure they gonna screw her

(darn you hollywood /b/tard)