PDA

View Full Version : Yugioh And Pokemon?

Yoko Littner
09-23-2008, 02:16 PM
Well jerks in my school that hate anime always say its because of Pokemon and Yugioh, it seems like those 2 are the only 2 animes that kids think of when making fun of anime. Why is it that when kids thinm of something to pick on of anime, they either base their ideas on Pokemon and Yugioh. I don't know if that is the same for your school, or anyone's school but anyways what is your opion's on that{can't even spell opion sorry <.<}

Fox Knight
09-23-2008, 10:35 PM
yeah it was pretty much the same at my school during 9th and 10th grade. then naruto came out and they left Yugioh and pokemon and made fun of naruto.

Yusei's_Kitty
09-23-2008, 10:37 PM
I feel its because they were some of the first popular ones. They are supposedly rated for kids so they were on every channel and the merchandise sold everywhere. Also, Once you think about, YugiOh and Pokemon themselves are kind of alike. So there could be a possibility that they think that a lot of anime are too much a like. Plus, Yugioh and pokemon are probably the easiest to make fun of because everyone knows what it is...

If that makes any sence...sry if it doesn't, I'm really tired and my thoughts are merging together. ^^'

I think it's like that pretty much everywhere...

Tomoyo01
09-24-2008, 12:47 PM
On my school... They don`t make fun of anime. But they make fun of Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh, just because they are popular and they think it`s childish. And some other popular anime. But I think some of the people who make fun of it watch anime at the same time

Zenni-Kun
09-26-2008, 09:07 PM
the reason why people make fun of pokemon and yugioh at my school is because they know of no other anime to make fun of, and thats fine by me, because i know of anime that people dont, and i dont want it jeered at

Yoko Littner
09-26-2008, 09:09 PM
the reason why people make fun of pokemon and yugioh at my school is because they know of no other anime to make fun of, and thats fine by me, because i know of anime that people dont, and i dont want it jeered at

I agree xD and yea you are right about Naruto, they make fun of that as well.

sapphirewyren
11-04-2008, 11:56 AM
in my school they pretty much made fun of anything anime including the anime club.

nichunter1
11-09-2008, 02:35 PM
at school anime is known to be for = no lifes but eh guess what i ahve plenty of friends and none watch anime but that doesnt stop me from watching it does it?

SigmaSD
11-09-2008, 05:16 PM
I think it's because those shows are based on or for kids. I know some people that secretly watch these anime, but they go along with the crowd and make fun of those who are open about it. Those hypocritical jerks. It's people like that which bring disgrace to anime. For the record, I don't like Pokemon or Yugioh, but I used to watch them when I was younger.

Eva DarkClaw
11-26-2008, 03:12 AM
It's the same at my school, but we had a place to go. Anime Club.. though it was recently disbanded for reasons I shan't discuss.
Kids are cruel, what do I do? Tell them off or ignore them, depends on my mood at the current point in time. *snickers*

GymLeaderLance99
11-29-2008, 10:12 PM
Two words: 4Kids dubbing.

Tetsanosuke
12-01-2008, 11:14 AM
Two words: 4Kids dubbing.

Amen.

nunnally_shana
01-01-2009, 02:12 AM
In my school,we don't abuse anime but we talk a lot about it.During free time,my seatmate and I would talk about our fave anime,if we have time. And about Yugioh and Pokemon?Almost half of our class love them!

Majugarzett
01-18-2009, 06:07 AM
Cartoons are falsely associated with childishness for obvious reasons, therefore many of the less open minded individuals often slate anime without giving it a chance. As has been stated, the 4kids dubbing didn't really help us fight our case that anime isn't for babies..

Night.Fall
01-18-2009, 02:40 PM
Here in England anime's not too popular so people base opinions on the few they've actually heard of and watched - the 4Kids versions of Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh. I can understand that here, where anime knowledge is very limited, but I thought in America and such places there wouldn't be the same problems.