PDA

View Full Version : The worst anime ending ):

xREIx
09-15-2008, 01:15 PM
I've been a Neon Genesis Evangelion fan for quiet a while, and i'm sure most of you heard that the ending sucked. it went way off topic. =/
it went from piloting a Eva to destroying Angels to Shinkji Ikari's happiness. But over all i liked they way the story line went. well the point of my thread is to hear your oppinons on they way the anime ended.
so please reply if you like.

drm0ney
09-15-2008, 01:31 PM
*coughs* um this being in the Eva sections I'd say Eva, maybe if this was in General Anime it'd be better.

...but as for me the worst ending. Bebop. T.T why'd he have to die....

xREIx
09-15-2008, 01:40 PM
ah oh so true, bebop was so good. T.T
i like your Avatar by the way.. ^-^

Robin Sena
09-15-2008, 02:18 PM
It's GOT to be Vandread.

Yoko Littner
09-15-2008, 03:04 PM
OMG the anime show Bobobobobobobobo

Its ending was horrible, after finally making it to the conclusion they just end the show and never tell u what happens o.o

Alycursed
09-15-2008, 03:42 PM
Probably...
Fruits Basket. Anime.
Not my style, but I was pissed off!
The whole point is relationships!
It leaves you hanging at... WTF, Kyo or Yuki?
I mean if you haven't read the manga, it prolly would've sucked for you.
XD I read it though.

Another is probably Blood+.
I mean sometimes I think.. nah it's better off that way.
But what about Haji?
I WANTED SAYA AND HIM TOGETHER. ;_______;
Wth, then she just falls asleep.
xP Oh well.
I can always dream. :O

xREIx
09-15-2008, 05:26 PM
that is oh so true didnt like full metal alchemist ending aswell
it sucked so bad.. T.T good anime but bad endings..

Zombiliciouss
09-15-2008, 07:59 PM
Cowboy bebop immediately comes to mind.

Deathnote was awful. I hated near with passion. I wanted him to die a death so painful it made Unit 731 looked tame. >=O, if anything. I thought Mell should've won. (But ultimately, I would've loved Light to win)

Chocobo
09-15-2008, 08:35 PM
To me...Samurai X/Rurouni Kenshin. The reason for the ending was "From what all Kenshin went through, I believe he deserved a happy, peaceful one." ...What he was doing was peaceful and happy, but how he died wasn't.
Dying from an incurable flesh eating disease that has spread across the entire body doesn't sound all that...peaceful...to me.

Oh..Xenosaga the Animation. XD 12 episodes, definately saw the ending. The ending I didn't like much because I didn't match the games, plus I was hoping there'd be something like Xenosaga the Animation II, I & II, III, and Pied Piper. ES Simeon never did that in the game with a Kirschwasser [and how awkward this sounds if you never played the game or watched the series]. Too bad the series couldn't have involved everything the game went through, like Cathedral, Proto Merkabah, etc.

jtdlives
09-15-2008, 10:41 PM
I would say it has to be either Inuyasha which didn't even have a ending or His or Her circumstances which left every relationship with every character up in the air. By the way both of those made it into AI's top ten worse endings. For a better ending try the old neon genesis movie which I thought had a little bit better ending than the series did which in my opinion sucked.

Hajiki Sanada
09-16-2008, 12:25 AM

Its ending was horrible, after finally making it to the conclusion they just end the show and never tell u what happens o.o

There might be a new series with some letters on the end to make it futuristic or something like Bo-Bo-Bo Bo Bo-Bo-Bo XR :laugh:

drm0ney
09-16-2008, 01:37 PM
that is oh so true didnt like full metal alchemist ending aswell
it sucked so bad.. T.T good anime but bad endings..
There actually remaking FMA from what I've been told. So it follows the manga. :unsure: Dunno how the manga ends though >.< so i can't say if the ending is gonna be as bad.

law~
09-16-2008, 02:04 PM
I loved the FMA ending <3 =3
sad endings FTW!

The worst anime ending... *thinks*
What about Saikano?
It's the only one I can thihnk for now.

Zombiliciouss
09-16-2008, 06:49 PM
The FMA ending was a masterpieve. Then Conquerer of shambala came out. While the ending wasn't BAD. It had a cliche feeling to it.

Manhattan_Project_2000
09-21-2008, 10:11 PM
If you thought the ending to NGE was bad, it's clear you didn't understand it.

Diocletian
09-21-2008, 10:14 PM

There is a second manga to it BTW.Sucks, because it's serious w/ a good storyline.

The 20th Century Boys was cut off in the middle so it did in fact suck.Is this about Evangelion?

Funkgun
09-24-2008, 12:26 AM
I liked the NGE Tv ending better than the End of Evangelon. Odd as it is, I liked the inside-mind end. I do know all about the funding that seemed to doom it's last episodes on it's initial run.

I am seriously looking forward to the 4 new movies, that retell the story, and add differences.

As for series I disliked the end of? Ideon- everyone dies. MG Giest- everyone dies (and it was bad) Inuyasha for a reason stated above me by jtdlives.
Jin-Roh (beautiful show) terrible end.

Omega Z
11-16-2008, 01:24 AM
I'm also a fan of eva. but the ending didn't make me thrilled.

Lady Edani
11-16-2008, 01:30 AM
i hated the DearS ending..it's just sucked. i was hopeing for more.

SigmaSD
11-16-2008, 01:49 AM
Love Hina had a bad ending. You never found out who he made his promise to.

The second season of AMG also had the worst last episode ever.

Finally, the Death Note ending. Light had always been smart throughout the show, and he screws up at the end. What was that about? (He could've waited until they actually died before he said, "I win")

Wizzo
11-16-2008, 06:31 AM
The endings of GTO and Elfen Lied.

Personally,I don't find Evangelion's ending bad at all.
This isn't your average mecha series with robots fighting to save humanity.

necropedal
11-23-2008, 07:02 AM
First off I would like to say that although the ending of Evangelion was very abstract and introspective, I think that it needed to be at the time.

Although fans out there were initially highly critical towards it, I think that it managed to do something which few anime out there manage to do, and that is, raise further questions.

Evangelion as a whole is in my eyes the one of the finest television series in history, not just in the realm of anime, but all together, and, no matter what, there is not an instant of the show which does not enthrall the audience and make them ask further of it.

It continued to break the mold with each passing step forward, it never ceased to entice the viewer and indeed polarize the viewer as well.

Then Episode 24 came along and you could sense the end was near. With Kaworu/Tabris gone there seemed to be a lull in proceedings.

Then we hit Episodes 25 & 26 and the show took a somewhat unexpected turn in my eyes.

It did well at addressing the subject matter and dealing with the psychological ramifications of every act played out so far, and being the introspective person that I am, I found something that I could compare with and indeed identify with.

The very end albeit not the most concrete finale I have seen to a series that it was, it let the audience make there own decisions and decide upon in their own minds just what was going on.

The same is true for episodes 25' & 26', however those deal with the real world events of instrumentality. Yet they still leave the audience with the solace that all hope is not lost.

But, despite all of the ambiguities in the original ending, the entirety still remains, in my humble opinion the finest work of anime in history.

refrain
01-02-2009, 03:21 PM
That the anime isn't about the mecha or the angels or anything like that, according to Anno, the series was about Shinji overcoming his social problems and depression. Granted the last few episodes we're hard to follow but that's what the show was meant to be about from the beginning the mecha and the religious symbolism was just something to make the show edgy and cool (search around enough on wikipedia you'll find all this). :mellow:

Jonoridge
01-02-2009, 03:54 PM
Tokko :( very poor

and the Death Note comment above, he did get everything right, it was his partner (forgot his name) it was his fault as he reclaimed the real death note from the safe instead of using the fake one. therefore they got the real deatn note and he lost.

Lady Phantomhive
01-02-2009, 04:15 PM
I couldnt bear to watch the final episodes of Nabari no Ou, but i know how it ends. Just thinking about it kills me lol.