PDA

View Full Version : Dark Skeleton Witch Wallpaper

Jagan Eye
09-13-2008, 10:34 AM
I know, I can't name walls at all. CnC Please.

Deadling
09-14-2008, 11:33 PM
Overall I love the layout and design. The only thing that doesnt agree with me are the white light reflections? Not sure exactly what they are, sorry, lol.

Dorocche
09-14-2008, 11:44 PM
I kind of like what you are going for here, bud.
My suggestion to you is to sorta blend the theme together so it looks totally realistic with anime.(Couldn't really tell that by looking). Very nice wallpaper though.

Jagan Eye
09-15-2008, 05:16 AM
@Deedling: The white light is apart of the original extract, I have no control over it unfortunately.
@Dorocche: Ah...I have no idea what you mean by blend the theme, but hmm. Thanks for the comment.

Hautalken
09-15-2008, 12:03 PM
There are a few flaws here and there...

Like for instance, there's this spot of blue graininess that's spoiling the look of the axe and other bits as well. Remove that stock you used on top of the extract and start over. I mean it...

And by blending in the theme, Dorocche means that the wallpaper's look should portray a sort of mood/feel to it. Like evil or happy or sad or gloomy and greyish...whatever. It depends on the extract and what sort of colors/effects you use.

In this case, it's all death like and gloomy. That's portrayed by the skeleton thing and the expression of the character. Use darker colors. Maybe some warm ones will do. After you're done with warm coors, use cool gradient maps to fix it up.

Take a look at this wall of mine:
http://www.animewallpapers.com/wallpapers/misc/full_76.php?sort=age&how=DESC&user=119737

Not trying to promote self here, but that used to be a blue wallpaper with a sky like feel. But I used gradient maps and turned the mood around entirely.

Also, you could try to play with textures. They help a lot too...

Sakurablue
09-15-2008, 12:52 PM
That girl on the wallpaper is cute

Jagan Eye
09-15-2008, 01:37 PM
@Karuto: ;_________; I lost the psd. Thanks for the suggestions though, I will apply them to another wallpaper if I get around to making another one, but this one is a lost cause. Thanks <3
@Sakura: Myah

om3rta
09-15-2008, 11:50 PM
I really like it. The only thing I noticed is that the scythe sort of dissapears on the right side. My guess is that was the border of the image. The shaft and chain sort of end. You could have shopped that so the chain fell into the water and the shaft had a cap/flat end on it.

I actually like the colors. You don't always have to have dark colors to portray something dark or sad.

Overall I really like it. The only thing I can complain about is the low resolution :p. More people need to make widescreen wallpapers! There are so many good ones that I can't use :(

Hautalken
09-18-2008, 01:06 PM
@Karuto: ;_________; I lost the psd. Thanks for the suggestions though, I will apply them to another wallpaper if I get around to making another one, but this one is a lost cause. Thanks <3

It was a lost cause, wasn't it??

Not to worry. Hopefully your next one will turn out just awesome!!
And you're welcome ^^

xXdark_angel_nekoXx
10-02-2008, 11:35 AM
wow that is a great wallpaper.

DemonsRevenge
10-02-2008, 11:48 PM
Nice, pretty good... i cant suggest anything because lol already been said but what anime is this from????

Smystery
10-15-2008, 01:14 PM
Wow! I really like it. Use photoshop???

slefouxo
11-04-2008, 03:30 PM
WOw, now this is an amazing pic, 10 thumbs up for posting, lol,

AbsoluteAnimeFan
11-05-2008, 06:05 AM
I know, I can't name walls at all. CnC Please.

Well, good work but a bit confusing..whats the message?