PDA

View Full Version : Question about wallpaper making.

sayuki12
09-09-2008, 11:17 AM
I understand how to make a wallpaper but theres one important thing i need help with, where to get pictures. I can't scan anything and was planning to use a screen shot to make a wall paper, but where can i find the screen shot i want and how can i resize it to make it much bigger and still look good?

law~
09-09-2008, 11:34 AM
Search for Renders instead of just Pictures, that will make your life simple. There are some sites dedicated to renders, so you just need to google them :D
And try not to make them bigger (the picture/render) because the quality will decrease.

Hope that helps ;)

sudo
09-09-2008, 11:49 AM
Again with the "render" word >_>;; When will you learn!

Ωmega
09-09-2008, 12:01 PM
Again with the "render" word >_>;; When will you learn!
Well, if its referring to a vector, then I suppose render works >_>

And your best bet is to go to a scan site and find nice, large scans and just extract the image out. Or, you can stretch out the image and then vector over it

om3rta
09-09-2008, 06:01 PM
Either of the suggestions already given, or google image search. Just search for the largest size first and work down from there. Make sure safe search is on, you'll be surprised what you find when you search for anime pics on google o.O.

Capernicus
09-09-2008, 06:06 PM
lol aetherreality is a pretty good place to find huge wallpaper quality scans.

Hautalken
09-18-2008, 01:21 PM
Not "render". Say "extract".

Anyway, aethereality.com is a good place to start off with. And you can also try planetrenders.net. But you'll have to sign up here first.

You don't always need scans to make walls. You can try using brushes instead. Even textures help out a lot. Butsince your question is mainly concerning WHERE to get images to make walls out of...
Use extracts. And good quality ones too. You can even go to places like photobucket or deviantart.com to search for some good ones. Don't bother with Googling, though. It won't help much.