PDA

View Full Version : Samurai Spike

nyar majinn
09-06-2008, 02:23 PM
Does anyone else notice that Mugen out of Samurai Champloo is just a rehash of Spike from bebop, except no where near as cool and set in the samurai period in Japan. Did Shinchiro Watanabe just get lazy. Also the hip-hop soundtrack is pretty terrible compared to cowboy bebop which had an awesome soundtrack.

space cowboy
09-07-2008, 04:25 PM
When something works as well as spike Spiegel i'd be tempted to do it all over again wouldnt you?

Mugen is spike in the edo period but has more of an attitude i think.

hatereaver
10-01-2008, 01:35 PM
spike and mugen are very alike as far as appearance goes and voice isnt too different either. But mugen has more of an attitude and less style compared to spike who is easy going and flows like water.

Diocletian
10-01-2008, 05:37 PM
Well of course, Watanabe Shinchiro was the writer for Copwboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo.

dragoninja
10-22-2008, 01:55 AM
now that you mention it they both have the same hair dresser dont they

Mango
11-03-2008, 06:44 AM
I did notice the similarity, yes. But I quite like the Samurai Champloo soundtrack.

Funkgun
11-06-2008, 04:06 AM
Totally similar in look. Attitude however? I see Mugan as a lot more angry agressive, and Spike? mostly laid back unless needing to be a bad ***.

I saw an AMV once showing the similarity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJCqBW-wPQA

lady_jesika
11-06-2008, 10:29 AM
its completely obvious that spike looks like mugen (or, i suppose its the other way around)
still, for some reason, i think mugen is hotter! ^^ maybe its just the badass samurai vibe

nerohawk
11-06-2008, 11:53 PM
I think th ereal question is would mugen beat spike in a fight

Variados
11-06-2008, 11:57 PM
I believe that is the real question as well.. but I will agree on every body.. yes.. they look alike but their attitudes are different.. I will say Mugen and Jin together make the attitude of Spike.. ^_^ that is just me thought...

Funkgun
11-07-2008, 10:50 PM
I think th ereal question is would mugen beat spike in a fight
My man, that should be a poll.

I will say it is pretty tough to decide. Having a sword helps, course Spikes got a gun...