PDA

View Full Version : Writing Contest: A Picture is Worth 1000 Words

Fabala
08-20-2008, 07:06 PM
A Picture is Worth 1000 Words

Woohoo! Time for the first writing contest under my moderation. This one is going to be fairly simple in hopes of getting as many people in as possible. I've selected a random image (painting), and want you to tell the story behind it. This can be the events leading up to the image, the events taking place in the image, the events following the image, a character study of the person in the image, or any kind of combination. The story can be happy, sad, tragic, uplifting, realistic or far-fetched. The point is to be inspired by the image.

So without further ado, tell me the story behind this image:

http://www.animeforum.com/image/1075348acad85b906d.jpg

Important Details:

Deadline: Sunday, September 7, midnight EST. This gives you two weeks from this Sunday.
Length: Any
This first contest is to be original fiction only, please. No fanfiction.
Please PM me your submission prior to the deadline (also PM with any questions). Should there be any issues with the length or formatting, you may send them to my email address: [email protected] Just remember to title your email with something relating to this contest and to tell me what your member name is here. I would prefer you use one of these two methods and not upload stories elsewhere, as there were issues with this in the last contest.
I will send you a PM after I receive your entry to confirm I have included it, or if there were any issues.
Forum rules do apply. Those entries not adhering to these rules will be disqualified. Please PM me if you need any clarification on whether something will or will not be allowed.
Entries will remain anonymous until a winner is announced, so please keep details of your entering or submission quiet until then. Not doing so can be grounds for disqualification.
Prizes will probably consist of points, but there may be a graphic reward. This will be determined at a later date.

Edit: Voting now open. See this thread (http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?t=78258) for details!

Capernicus
09-10-2008, 12:25 AM
So, with there being so few entries, is it really required that people do not vote for their on entry?

Edit: Oh, might I suggest linking the voting thread in this one? =3

Fabala
09-10-2008, 12:42 AM
Still can't vote for your own, no. Sorry. Wish there were more entries to spread it around >.> Any fewer and I would have eliminated a third place winner. And I'm adding the link in now. Y'all are so demanding, haha.

Capernicus
09-10-2008, 12:45 AM
Well, its just so that people can find it. You had trouble with people seeing this one because it never got bumped up by posts. =3

Jose
09-10-2008, 12:46 AM
Y'all do you mean the way I asked for the picture in the voting thread? More entry next time around FTW!

Fabala
09-10-2008, 12:47 AM
It's stickied, it can't get bumped up by posts.

Capernicus
09-10-2008, 12:51 AM
Well lah dee dah! Also, funny how 5 posts makes for a "hot topic" in fanfiction. (see reddish orangey envelop icon)

Fabala
09-10-2008, 12:53 AM
Yes, fanfiction doesn't get the long thread love of other forums ^^