PDA

View Full Version : Why all the Kagome hate?

nekosenshi
08-07-2008, 03:19 PM
I've noticed that lots of people really hate Kagome. I don't get it. I think she's pretty likeable. She's smart and brave and loyal.

Kagome
08-07-2008, 03:48 PM
I've noticed that lots of people really hate Kagome. I don't get it. I think she's pretty likeable. She's smart and brave and loyal.

Mostly she's hated by Kikyou fans.

Same as Kikyou is hated by Kagome fans.

Each fantard thinks the other miko is in the way of Inuyasha and which ever miko thier for's relationship. Ergo-they hate that miko. It's really quite childish.

Me, I love both miko-and wish that others would too.

Diocletian
08-07-2008, 04:29 PM
I'll admit I dislike her.
Mostly because she fell into the school-girl sterotype instead of the quiet archery girl.It would've been better that way.

Mizuko Riko Imimoshi
08-07-2008, 05:42 PM
I like Kagome no matter what anyone says! Go Kagome! 8-)

godsofdeathluvapples13
08-07-2008, 06:49 PM
Mostly she's hated by Kikyou fans.

Same as Kikyou is hated by Kagome fans.

Each fantard thinks the other miko is in the way of Inuyasha and which ever miko thier for's relationship. Ergo-they hate that miko. It's really quite childish.

Me, I love both miko-and wish that others would too.

No, thats not true in my case. I hate both of them. You called the girls that hate one or the other character childish, but if you think about they both act childish when it comes down to Inuyasha. In fact both of them only are tolerable when they are with him, like closer then friends. But if you take Inuyasha out of the picture and really asses their character traits and what they bring to the series it's not much. I think they are suckish characters.
Kagome=Fail at life
Kikyou=fails at life

Sailor Mystery
08-07-2008, 06:57 PM
I like a lot Kagome, she's just not my favorite character

+Namiko+
08-08-2008, 01:19 AM
The entire time i watch inuyasha, i keep hoping a giant bird demon will just swoop down and eat kagome.

she's captian obvious.
She is just annoying.
When you're that stupid you should just shut up and accept the fact that you SUCK AT BEING AN ANIME CHARACTER FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!

Flame Haze
08-08-2008, 11:08 PM
Inuyasha was my first anime and Kagome was definitely a favorite of mine over Kikyou.

Most people I've met preferred Kagome to Kikyou, though, so I'm surprised.

Leeps
08-11-2008, 03:38 PM
Hm, I don't know, I mean, I personally like Kagome, shes strong-willed, shes nice, and shes just great.

mississippibaby
08-11-2008, 04:11 PM
i personally dont like kagome even though i am a kikyo fon thats not my main reason for not liking her. i just dont see whats so special about her all her powers come from kikyo since she is her reincarnation. she has some of her own qualities but not many i dont see her as her own person and thats what i dislike about her the most.

Saiyan Destroyer
08-11-2008, 04:13 PM
She's a *****, sorry about swearing but that's the only way I can express it. She's a ***** and she doesnt' care who knows it. She treats Inuyasha like dirt, walks all over him, tortures the poor guy, but expeccts him to stom EVERYTHING to save her when she does something stupid. So that's why I hate Kagome atleast. Then again Kikyo isn't much better. Between the two... I'll take the Mortal Kagome over Immortal Kikyo, it's easier to kill a mortal than immortal

Aysami_Kishima
08-11-2008, 06:56 PM
LMAO CHA!! GO Chris Benoit.^^
That was a bit rough but its kinda true. She does treat inuyasha like dirt. oh and its not that i hate her... i just dont like her... she seems... stuck up... like "omg the world revolves around me" yea like that... hehe^^

Kagome
08-12-2008, 02:22 AM
She's a *****, sorry about swearing but that's the only way I can express it. She's a ***** and she doesnt' care who knows it. She treats Inuyasha like dirt, walks all over him, tortures the poor guy, but expeccts him to stom EVERYTHING to save her when she does something stupid. So that's why I hate Kagome atleast. Then again Kikyo isn't much better. Between the two... I'll take the Mortal Kagome over Immortal Kikyo, it's easier to kill a mortal than immortal

LMAO CHA!! GO Chris Benoit.^^
That was a bit rough but its kinda true. She does treat inuyasha like dirt. oh and its not that i hate her... i just dont like her... she seems... stuck up... like "omg the world revolves around me" yea like that... hehe^^

::sighs:: Kagome does not treat Inuyasha like dirt, nor does she walk all over him. She doesn't expect him to do everything, and she's really *not* stuck up, nor does she think the world revolves around her. It's quite the opposite in fact.

Re-watch the series sans (which means WITHOUT) the filler episodes and you'll see.

She does *NOT* sit him even a fourth as much as she does with the fillers, and even less in the manga.

There are numerous times where she *TELLS* the hanyou to go after Kikyou-because she's pretty damn sure that she cannot even begin to get inbetween those two. (she's wrong-because he ends up marrying Kagome, but that's beside the point)

Her world revolves mostly around her friends in the Sengoku, and she knows it. Ergo-she doesn't think the world revolves around her.

She's pretty F-ing selfless always thinking of others before herself.

Still love Kikyou too though...

SAKURA AND LEE ROCK
08-12-2008, 04:59 AM
::sighs:: Kagome does not treat Inuyasha like dirt, nor does she walk all over him. She doesn't expect him to do everything, and she's really *not* stuck up, nor does she think the world revolves around her. It's quite the opposite in fact.

Re-watch the series sans (which means WITHOUT) the filler episodes and you'll see.

She does *NOT* sit him even a fourth as much as she does with the fillers, and even less in the manga.

There are numerous times where she *TELLS* the hanyou to go after Kikyou-because she's pretty damn sure that she cannot even begin to get inbetween those two. (she's wrong-because he ends up marrying Kagome, but that's beside the point)

Her world revolves mostly around her friends in the Sengoku, and she knows it. Ergo-she doesn't think the world revolves around her.

She's pretty F-ing selfless always thinking of others before herself.

Still love Kikyou too though...

Agreed
she is cute,sweet
I like her

DeeviousDemon
08-12-2008, 05:07 AM
???? I never hated her...lol..i was rooting for her even though she's a tat annoyin and abnoxious....but hey kikyo is freakin dead she had her chance with inuyasha and thats why i pretty much dislike kikyo....

lynksys
08-17-2008, 09:30 PM
I think kagoumes just to predictible on her feelings with inuyasha. Its a pattern that happens throughout the whole anime series.

She's, I don't know how to put it, say... Inuyasha is completely fine, she's all hardcore on him, something happens to him like, I don't know, take for instance the time he turns human and is almost killed by the spider freaks, then she turns all soft on him like she actually loves him then as soon as he gets better she knocks him on the head or tells him to sit. Then its the whole pattern over again.

Liquidus Zeromus
08-23-2008, 03:30 PM
I like both of them. Kagome is pretty awesome, given her resourcefulness and mild humour. Not the sort of person I'd expect to gather alot of hate. I don't get it either. She is selfless and intelligent enough, and not some dumb airhead. Not my favourite character, I must admit, as that goes to the man InuYasha himself.

Happi Giraffe!
08-25-2008, 06:43 AM
i really don't have anything against her. she's a good character and all, but she can be sorta annoying and points out the obvious a lot and stuff like that.

suzumi
08-25-2008, 09:17 AM
I have a problem with most of Takahashi Rumiko's heroines. In fact the only one I like is Otonashi Kyoko. ^_^;

I don't like Kagome because she acts like she owns Inuyasha. She gets jealous when he goes after Kikyou, or shows interest in any other woman besides her. And I was never too fond of her continuous abuse of the word "osuwari".

But then, that was the same problem I had with Akane (Ranma 1/2), Ramu (Urusei Yatsura), and (though she is not one of Takahashi's heroines) Kaoru (Rurouni Kenshin).

Maybe I'm just not the biggest "tsundere" fan... >_>

*Edit*

And just to let everyone know (though you may not care), I'm not the biggest Kikyou fan either.

My favorite male Inuyasha characters are Sesshomaru and Hakudoushi/Akago. And my favorite female characters are Kanna and Kagura.

WolfShot
08-25-2008, 12:01 PM
This is an age old question. My theory is that most people dislike Kagome because they want to be her(for girls) Or because they're not Inuyasha(for guys). But hell that's just one of my many theories. Personally I like Kagome, though I don't really care for Kikyo. But for the facts that she's 1: Dead 2: Not really shown in the series and 3: Dislikes pretty much everyone. Those are three out of my many reasons for disliking her. But hell, it's nothing more than anime so I don't have a clue in hell why so much hating over two characters. They're not real people, so move on and find something more important to flame about like fashion or which band is better or something. So much fuss over two anime characters.....jeezuz when will it end....?

Kagome
08-25-2008, 03:25 PM
...But hell, it's nothing more than anime so I don't have a clue in hell why so much hating over two characters. They're not real people, so move on and find something more important to flame about like fashion or which band is better or something. So much fuss over two anime characters.....jeezuz when will it end....?

Never, my friend. No one will ever grow up enough to quit with petty arguments such as these. As long as there are fantards and favorites it'll go on for centuries-in EVERY anime/manga/tv show/book.

WolfShot
08-26-2008, 08:40 AM
Never, my friend. No one will ever grow up enough to quit with petty arguments such as these. As long as there are fantards and favorites it'll go on for centuries-in EVERY anime/manga/tv show/book.

In all unfortunateness you are absolutely correct. But hell I guess it makes the world go round...

Hirakigirl
08-31-2008, 01:16 AM
I'll admit I dislike her.
Mostly because she fell into the school-girl sterotype instead of the quiet archery girl.It would've been better that way.
But honestly would Inuyasha be as fun to watch if she was the quiet archery girl, Inuyasha wouldn't get 'sit'. Or Kouga and the whole 'my woman' thing he goes on and on about.

She's hated probably because the people who hate her are a) a fan of a different character or b) Kagome goes back and forward between a love sick puppy and an indepent female of the modern world.

+Namiko+
09-04-2008, 07:41 PM
The entire time i watch inuyasha, i keep hoping a giant bird demon will just swoop down and eat kagome.

she's captian obvious.
She is just annoying.
When you're that stupid you should just shut up and accept the fact that you SUCK AT BEING AN ANIME CHARACTER FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!

That was a little immature of me. Seriously, she is not very likeable. To me, she's just in the way. She just comes across as a 'nagging psycho' that a helpful teamate. I've never really liked female characters because of their habit to be...petty? She's just really immature, it seems, especially with Inuyasha, and don't get me wrong InuYasha's kinda the same way. The way she always thates the obvious is a little annyoying. I do prefer her above Kikyou, though, because Kikyou is...well...like...a nagging psycho...but on steroids. She's just heartless (duh, she's dead) and therefore, it is very hard to connect with her. Kagome is still just...annoying.

There, hope that seems like a better reason

Rem Nightfall
09-04-2008, 08:05 PM
But honestly would Inuyasha be as fun to watch if she was the quiet archery girl, Inuyasha wouldn't get 'sit'. Or Kouga and the whole 'my woman' thing he goes on and on about.

She's hated probably because the people who hate her are a) a fan of a different character or b) Kagome goes back and forward between a love sick puppy and an indepent female of the modern world.
I dislike Kagome.
And yes Inuyasha would be fun to watch a quiet archery girl.
I like calm characters I like characters who don't do to much or to little. I like characters that I don't know what is going to happen.

With Kagome I was making the right guesses of what she was going to do and what she wasn't going to do.
I made the right guesses of what was going to happen to her and what wasn't going to happen to her.

She was to obvious of a character. And I dislike obvious characters.
I don't like Kikyou either.
My favorite was Jaken and Sesshomaru.

Another problem I had with Kagome was to many characters looked like her and were compared to her.
That was annoying as well.

**Sakura-Chan**
09-04-2008, 08:38 PM
I like Kagome no matter what anyone says! Go Kagome! 8-)

Omg! She's like, totally my fave InuYasha girl!!! :laugh:
I like, so agree. No natter what happens, She's awesome! :D

VampiressRayne
09-04-2008, 11:31 PM
I dislike her because of how annoying and airheaded she is. Her screaming and inability to do anything right just annoys me to no end. Also, her obsession over InuYasha is just downright pathetic.

Bou
09-04-2008, 11:55 PM
I have no idea how or why someone can hate on a cartoon character. They aren't real.

Diocletian
09-05-2008, 09:39 PM
I have no idea how or why someone can hate on a cartoon character. They aren't real.

It's like people who hate Nascar because it's considered a sport even though it involves zero physical activity, no offense.

Seriously what Inuyasha needed was stoicism and Kagome could have provided it.

Kagome
09-12-2008, 07:52 PM
You know, just for the record, Yukino Satsuki, who does Kagome's Japanese voice...isn't 1/100 as annoying as Moneca Stori, who does her English voice.

If you seriously want Kagome to stop being annoying, I suggest watching the series in Japanese.

That-or read the manga and don't watch it at all.

That was a little immature of me. Seriously, she is not very likeable. To me, she's just in the way. She just comes across as a 'nagging psycho' that a helpful teamate. I've never really liked female characters because of their habit to be...petty? She's just really immature, it seems, especially with Inuyasha, and don't get me wrong InuYasha's kinda the same way. The way she always thates the obvious is a little annyoying. I do prefer her above Kikyou, though, because Kikyou is...well...like...a nagging psycho...but on steroids. She's just heartless (duh, she's dead) and therefore, it is very hard to connect with her. Kagome is still just...annoying.

There, hope that seems like a better reason

She's 15 years old. I don't know about you, but as far as I know nearly *all* 15 year old girls act the way she does. The only thing I can say about her that is something 15 year olds don't usually do-is-that she had decided to step back from Kikyou and Inuyasha's supposed relationship, figuring she'd be a problem for them...even though in the end Kagome and Inuyasha got married-but even so.

As for Kikyou, she was 19-therefore more mature. Not to mention the girl had to endure a lot more hardship in a much harder era to live in then did Kagome. So, though I love her to pieces, she's depressing, and secretive.

kagome xxx:)
09-13-2008, 09:42 AM
if you look at my name youll see how i feel about kagome

Zenni-Kun
09-14-2008, 11:30 PM
Kagome is my favorite character of the series overall, she is truely the reason why id like to learn to use the bow and arrow as a weapon instead of a gun

InuArt12
09-19-2008, 12:35 PM
Kagome is my second favorite character next to Sango cause she be a bad a**. That and in the end of the manga she and Inu get married. Kik dead. x_x

Frost Alchemist
10-11-2008, 11:58 AM
Kagome's part could have easily been taken by kikyo if they hadnt had her killed

Kagome
10-11-2008, 03:18 PM
Kagome's part could have easily been taken by kikyo if they hadnt had her killed

Not true. Kikyou was part of the cause-and she needed to die for the story to begin correctly. That's why she was burned in the first chapter and episode.

Dr. Hax
10-11-2008, 04:11 PM
No, thats not true in my case. I hate both of them. You called the girls that hate one or the other character childish, but if you think about they both act childish when it comes down to Inuyasha. In fact both of them only are tolerable when they are with him, like closer then friends. But if you take Inuyasha out of the picture and really asses their character traits and what they bring to the series it's not much. I think they are suckish characters.
Kagome=Fail at life
Kikyou=fails at life

This is absolute truth right here.

I think both Kagome and Kikyo suck horribly. Why did this series come to exist? I would rather gut myself with my own sword, spilling my blood on the ground than watch this piece of crap series again.

Kagome is my favorite character of the series overall, she is truely the reason why id like to learn to use the bow and arrow as a weapon instead of a gun

Okay, you have no life to think like that.

Star Gazer
10-12-2008, 03:42 AM
I like Kagome more than Kikyou...
But,I dont hate Kikyou she's nice too!

tophwoman
10-12-2008, 01:31 PM
I stop hating Kagome after she pulled kikyo out of the lake saving her life evn though having her dead would have helped her immensely. After that incident Kagoma earned my respect. I have never liked Sango. She keeps chasing after Kohaku never taking the time to stop and grive for her family. It feels like her mission to save Kohaku is keeping her from finding peace with her family. She is also way too controlling over Miroku and blames him for everything it seems.

sailormoon21
10-14-2008, 01:23 AM
the reason i don't like Kagome is because she's with Inuyasha and i really really like him even though he isn't real. i mean imagine all of the girls who absolutely LOVE Inuyasha. you say that they would be jealous of Kagome being near him at all. i know i would but thats just me. I LOVE INUYASHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Azul
10-15-2008, 03:10 PM
I do prefer her above Kikyou, though, because Kikyou is...well...like...a nagging psycho...but on steroids. She's just heartless (duh, she's dead) and therefore, it is very hard to connect with her. Kagome is still just...annoying.

Man you took the words right out of my mouth (a nagging psycho...but on steroids). I still can't get over that. I can't stop laughing.

I like Kagome i don't hate her however i strongly believe that her character could be more developed. Still believe that Sango and Inu-Yasha would totally rock. I say we kill Kikyo and be done with her. What the hell is her point in the movie. So she is the one who brought Inu-Yasha to the good side. If she loved him at all she would get that what happened to her was not his fault and move on. Why would she want to kill someone she loves. She's the one i want the bird to swoop down and eat. Good riddance.

This will never stop. Never!! ranting about anime is our own way of getting away from it all. so what if it's immature. As far as I'm concerned Inu-Yasha :rolleyes: and I are married, Lelouch:D is my sweetheart and Sesshoumarou:love: (He is hottt!!!) is the love of my life. I don't care what anyone has to say about that. :nono:

AZUL

Kagome
10-15-2008, 04:30 PM
the reason i don't like Kagome is because she's with Inuyasha and i really really like him even though he isn't real. i mean imagine all of the girls who absolutely LOVE Inuyasha. you say that they would be jealous of Kagome being near him at all. i know i would but thats just me. I LOVE INUYASHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

....If I could describe you in one word for this post it'd be:

FANTARD...

You frighten me....extremely.::sweatdrops and wanders off::

And-to Aul: Takahashi spent the entire series developing Tetsusaiga. Not the characters...x_x;;