PDA

View Full Version : Earthbound anyone

naotavespaboy
07-17-2008, 07:09 AM
Hey just out of interest has anyone else here played this sadly hugely underrated RPG? Many people will know the protagonist Ness as he has been in every Smash Bros game but few people know of or have played the game he is from. Checking online I have found out that the sequel Mother 3 (Earthbound 2) is not going to get an English translation. Anyway I just wanted to know if there were any other Earthbound fans out there and if there are could you help me out as I am currently stuck.

I have got to the spin out Fourside city part but can't seem to get any further. Any help is gladly welcome.

Manhattan_Project_2000
07-17-2008, 09:22 AM
Yeah. It's pretty good.

Also, http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/snes/game/588301.html

Diocletian
07-17-2008, 11:07 AM
I played the DBZ one.Legacy Of Goku.It's fun ONCE not the second time.It was fun seeing the chibi Goku pretend to be as strong as the original.

Hanamaru Kunikida
07-17-2008, 11:37 AM
This is not an RPG talk....This is a talk for the the fans of Ness and Lucas...:)

Sanosuke23
07-17-2008, 03:48 PM
Mmm, Earthbound. I <3 it so much. I do believe I can safely say it's my favorite game ever. The fact that you can fail the entire game based on a choice you make some time earlier is almost as good as the random deathtrap bunker in the original Metal Gear.

I played the DBZ one.Legacy Of Goku.It's fun ONCE not the second time.It was fun seeing the chibi Goku pretend to be as strong as the original.

What the hell are you talking about?

KillerDragonX
07-17-2008, 09:17 PM
earthbound is one of the best rpg's on snes, i beat it like 4 times already ^^, i love the last boss battle music, it starts off like all techno, then it goes all hard rock

naotavespaboy
07-18-2008, 02:39 AM
Hey great to see I'm not alone on this one thanks for the link Manhattan project. I finally got through Fourside.

Also Naruto d Kurosaki what are you on about this has nothing to do with DBZ?

Haoie
07-18-2008, 03:11 AM
1 of the finest RPGs on the SNES. And it's so nice to see a game that doesn't take itself seriously.

Most of the kiddies around these boards wouldn't know a thing about it, though.

naotavespaboy
07-23-2008, 07:48 AM
I suppose your're right it is a "golden oldie". Its such a shame that no other RPG's took on its mold and tried to be a little more light hearted.

Manhattan_Project_2000
07-23-2008, 12:56 PM
I suppose your're right it is a "golden oldie". Its such a shame that no other RPG's took on its mold and tried to be a little more light hearted.
There are plenty of light hearted RPG's out there. They just aren't as popular. Dragon Quest, and almost anything by Level 5 or Nippon Ichi would qualify. An occasional game by Altus would make the list too.

Cross Avantgarde
07-23-2008, 01:50 PM
1 of the finest RPGs on the SNES. And it's so nice to see a game that doesn't take itself seriously.

Most of the kiddies around these boards wouldn't know a thing about it, though.

Absolutely; Earthbound never got the credit it deserved, but I bet the creators had a blast making it. You can tell they loved their jobs, and I, in turn, loved the game.

Manhattan_Project_2000
07-23-2008, 07:46 PM
I personally am waiting for Mother 3 (Earthbound 2) to be unofficially translated. I guess the group I'm watching is close.