PDA

View Full Version : Surprise! Fav MGS Character

narunaru
07-17-2008, 12:24 AM
I made this thread for three reasons:
1. I was bored. That age old reason everyone can claim.
2. The MGS series has reached its conclusion with 4, if I'm not mistaken (and I just might be), so what better time is there?
3. The old threads are outdated and locked, sooooo......yeah.

So, let's get right down to it. Mine is Grey Fox (screw you Liquid:( ). Wicked Cyborg Ninja killing machine. How can you go wrong? Drebin's a close second, though (gotta love the 'tude. And the chain-smoking, diaper-wearing monkey. Hehe.).

Lol, let's see if we cant eke out some Otacons or Vamps here or there.

Dogmat
07-17-2008, 05:53 AM
Easily Revolver Ocelot! He's just so cool. :cool:

Amray The II
07-17-2008, 07:50 AM
Mei Ling.

Manhattan_Project_2000
07-17-2008, 10:20 AM
There are probably going to be more. They never said MGS4 was the last MGS, only the last one with Solid Snake.

As for me: Big Boss.

Sanosuke23
07-17-2008, 04:54 PM
YOU LIKE CASTLEVANIA, DON'T YOU?

Psycho Mantis for the win, but I know you knew that already.

Manhattan_Project_2000
07-17-2008, 05:09 PM
You know, even as bosses go Psycho Mantis is #2 behind The End. There are just so many good things to be said about that fight.

Also, on the off chance anyone cared, #3 is Laughing Octopus, at least the first time and assuming you didn't use the Solid Eye like an evil bastard.

Sagat
07-17-2008, 05:37 PM
Oh, I am sorry. I don't see Revolver Ocelot on that list. But I'll forgive you, this one time, because we all make mistakes from time to time.

And to answer if it wasn't obvious ... Revolver Ocelot.

Especially in MGS 3.

sataned
07-18-2008, 04:24 AM
that cyborg ninja dude from twin snakes is pretty awsome... (only mgs i ever played)

Coffee_Danger
07-18-2008, 11:55 PM
For me it's a tie between, The Boss and Solid Snake.

Amray The II
07-19-2008, 08:17 AM
Big Boss was a lot better than Solid Snake. He is the original Snake. All the sons from the other games really show different sides of the original Naked Snakes personality, although I suppose Solid Snake could show them all at once too as he is the perfect recreation of Big Boss.

Also, his older self was modeled after Sean Connery.

Cross Avantgarde
07-23-2008, 01:03 PM
Have to go with Solid Snake. He was only supposed to be a vector to spread FoxDie, yet wound up defeating Liquid during the crisis on Shadow Moses Island. They didn't count on him winning, and were only using him, yet he beat the odds. Rock on, Solid.

Dryaxx
07-28-2008, 09:18 AM
There's 2 ppl i love from MGS :D

Raiden
Sunny (dno why. i just think she's cute :3)

Sanosuke23
07-28-2008, 10:37 AM
You know, even as bosses go Psycho Mantis is #2 behind The End. There are just so many good things to be said about that fight.

Be that as it may, The End as a character's only redeeming quality is if you take too long to reload your save he dies of natural causes. Psycho Mantis has a bit of a sense of humor, and was given more character development overall.

"Old man who's somehow photosynthetic" just isn't as cool as "Fetish-geared psychic that messes with Snake's head" in my mind.

Amray The II
07-28-2008, 10:44 AM
I can beat 'The End' within 5 minutes, or less.

I liked Psycho Mantis too though. They both proved awesome boss battles. What's more is that they were both honest characters that praised you when they were dying/killed. There again, even Raven gave you the key card so that you could get into the Metal Gear holds.

Sanosuke23
07-28-2008, 11:04 AM
I can beat 'The End' within 5 minutes, or less.

No, I mean if you save your game at the fight, set your system clock ahead one month, and reload the save, you get a cutscene where Snake finds The End's body. He dies of natural causes.

Amray The II
07-28-2008, 11:18 AM
No, I mean if you save your game at the fight, set your system clock ahead one month, and reload the save, you get a cutscene where Snake finds The End's body. He dies of natural causes.

Yes I know. I saw my Brother do it. I on the other hand have never done it at all, I prefer to battle him normally. It's more fun. Although I did once kill him the other way when you snipe him in his wheelchair just after that cutscene where you first see him. The wheel from his wheelchair flys up into the air and lands on you. T'is amazing. It gave me a good laugh.

Chocobo
07-28-2008, 11:23 AM
Raiden. I don't know why.

I have yet to play MGS4. In order to play it, I'd have to travel to my brothers house. He has a PS3! But once I do, I'm sure I'd like the...Ninja. Grey Fox is his name, correct?

The Governator
07-28-2008, 02:59 PM
Psycho "The Sex" Mantis, I absolutly love him, he is so much better than Screaming Mantis.