PDA

View Full Version : Who do you Support? 'Light' or 'L'?

Amray The II
07-11-2008, 01:30 PM
Who doest thou prefer? The witty, intelligent, young school boy 'Light Yagami'! or the genius detective L?

I myself prefer Light by far! He is awesome, clever, and out-smarts a world famous detective when he is just merely a school student. He is so evil and great! Evil people are awesome when they are in anime's like Death Note and Yagami is just pure genius! I still like L though, he is still cool and a great character to the series.

What is your answer and opinion?

Diocletian
07-11-2008, 01:34 PM
Well both died like vajina juices.I'm gonna say L.L had nice hair and a better fashion sense.A thermo with tight jeans{I NOTICED} vs. J-Pop band clothing.L all the way.Although L hired two of the most annoying kids on the face of the Earth.SO.....even though he did that I say L....still.

Sawada Ieyasu
07-11-2008, 06:47 PM
Kira all the way. >-> I know he dies in the end, but hey. He pwns.

rEikAbLeU
07-11-2008, 07:20 PM
i think it's L, coz i believed that " the means doesn't justify the end..."

and i likke the way L sits, while eating his ice cream...

BrokenYetPretty
07-11-2008, 07:42 PM
I support L. Though Light did have a good idea, it kind of warped his mind.

mississippibaby
07-11-2008, 07:51 PM
im a supporter of light his concept was good and i fend to support the more bad guys than good

Dottie.
07-11-2008, 08:38 PM
Well, i have a thing for wierd guys, so L would be my choice. Especially the way he sits, eats and holds his phone. Their intelligence though, cannot be debatable because it is about the same even if Light outwitts him. The strange thing about this anime is that it is from the point of view of the supposed bad guy which then makes you support him rather than L. But I still choose L, just because the way he looks rather than his belives/morals.

Magelation
07-12-2008, 12:20 AM
Totally Light supporter here. You have no idea how sad I was when they killed him =(

But yeah, I believe he was doing the right thing although he should really have checked if they were truly innocent or not. It would have worked if he merely killed those that were absolutely incorrigibly evil. But then.. that would negate the whole "make people thing that literally anything evil is a bad thing to do".

Still, Light for me.

Kakashi010203
07-13-2008, 11:37 AM
i support light. but L is way better. lol

Gaararocks1000x
07-13-2008, 11:42 AM
L!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lynne88
07-13-2008, 11:50 AM
I would have to say that I cannot choose in this case. Both brought interesting things to the table and still had the same outcome (in the anime that is, when I found out that Light dies in the movie and L didn't, that kinda pissed me off)

They are both intelligible, quick and witty thinkers. Both try to plan out for their opponents' next clear move, and act accordingly. Both are about the same age (if I remember correctly) and both have the want for a different world, just different ways of going about it.

So yes, I support both. :P

aishiteru333
Even though he died, L is my hero! He has the sense of justice this rotting world needs... XD

Jessica Mars
I was rooting for Light like most of the time. A little weird for me, as I usually go for the good guy. XD

shane the ninja
07-13-2008, 12:03 PM
I choose L because of his quirky style and he is no where as cocky as Light

Amray The II
07-13-2008, 12:15 PM
I was rooting for Light like most of the time. A little weird for me, as I usually go for the good guy. XD

I always seem to prefer the really evil people, in some cases. That is definitely the case with Death Note. Light was just so evil and cruel, it was awesome! >: D

_Freddie_
07-13-2008, 01:10 PM
NEAR.

Robin Sena
07-13-2008, 01:58 PM
Light all the way; all the chap wanted to do was rid the world of evil.

Ice_Demon
07-14-2008, 02:00 PM
well both really but Light is my favorite.:ninja:

*O.o_Kenya_o.O*
07-14-2008, 02:02 PM
Light of course!! hehe

He's hot!

Cross Avantgarde
07-15-2008, 07:53 AM
L all the way! My reasoning is as follows:

1) L had no supernatural powers on his side (as Light did with his use of the Death Note), yet he took Light to task more than once.

2) L had the true definition of justice in mind as he pursued Light. Light's definition of justice was purely subjective; in other words, if he deemed someone unworthy of living he would kill them, even if it meant killing off the world's greatest detective or anyone else trying to serve the law. L on the other hand knew that right and wrong are more complex concepts than the oversimplified concepts of good and evil Light had. (Remember, the definition of justice got so subjective between Light and Teru Mikami that even Light disagreed with Mikami's judgment; Light didn't want Mikami killing off people for being merely lazy, for example). L, however, had an objective view of justice (one based on absolute truth, i.e., murder is wrong whether you justify it or not). I base this reason off of the episode "Dealings" (#3), where L states that Kira has a childish view of right and wrong.

3) Though some may disagree, I fully believe L was much smarter and wittier than Light. To back this statement, I refer you to episode #2, "Confrontation" where L proved that Kira existed, that the heart attacks were truly murders, that Kira needed a name and a face to kill his victims, and that Kira did not have access to information that was classified at the highest levels (though Kira did have access to common police information). To top it all off, L also pinpointed not only the country Kira was in, but the region of that country in which he resided. In one fell swoop, L proved all of this and also pinned down the fact that Kira was an idealistic student who had access to police information and was starting to experiment on criminals by episode 4, "Pursuit."

4) L never murdered anyone, criminal or innocent. I don't need to elaborate on Light.

In conclusion, L pwns Light.

SkYbLuE88
07-16-2008, 07:03 AM
Light Yagami !!!!
i Will Support Him 4ever !!!!

xXdark_angel_nekoXx
07-16-2008, 02:30 PM
i have to say L and all of his heirs espically near. but still my all time fav is L

Perpetual Specter
07-16-2008, 09:11 PM
I support L, because he's brilliant, calm-minded, and cautious. Truthfully, I believe Light managed to defeat him by luck; I don't think either was actually smarter than the other, just 50-50 chance of who'd win. That's just the way I see it though. o_o;

Kaitou+
07-16-2008, 10:38 PM
I think I will go with Raito aka God of new world xD All tho I do understand L's awesomeness....

NEAR.

No Nate "Near" River allowed.....xD I like and dislike some stuff about him...

----------------
Now playing: Bleach Ending Theme 2 - Thank You! by Orange Range (http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/orange+range/track/bleach+ending+theme+2+-+thank+you!)
via FoxyTunes (http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/)

Sailor Mystery
07-16-2008, 10:45 PM
I support Light because I feel bad for him since he's so messed up in the head. But I definately support L because he's smart, interesting, weird (like me) and eats a lot and still looks hot (like me once again.)

xXdark_angel_nekoXx
07-16-2008, 11:15 PM
I support L, because he's brilliant, calm-minded, and cautious. Truthfully, I believe Light managed to defeat him by luck; I don't think either was actually smarter than the other, just 50-50 chance of who'd win. That's just the way I see it though. o_o;

that is so true....... so true.

Magelation
07-17-2008, 05:38 AM
4) L never murdered anyone, criminal or innocent. I don't need to elaborate on Light.

Hm... You could argue that L indirectly led people to their deaths.

For example, L is a detective is he not? When he catches his suspects, I would assume that most of them would have cases wherein they warrant the death penalty (L only chooses cases that interest him. Example: Kira's killing spree. Therefore, at least some of his other cases involve murders.)

There's also the case where he used a criminal on the television as bait to figure out where Kira/Light was and how he killed. He knew that the man would die yet did it anyway.

Cross Avantgarde
07-17-2008, 09:49 AM
For example, L is a detective is he not? When he catches his suspects, I would assume that most of them would have cases wherein they warrant the death penalty (L only chooses cases that interest him. Example: Kira's killing spree. Therefore, at least some of his other cases involve murders.)

There's also the case where he used a criminal on the television as bait to figure out where Kira/Light was and how he killed. He knew that the man would die yet did it anyway.

Indirectly? Yes, but it's also true that these criminals forfeited their lives when they commited their serious crimes. All L really did was bring them to justice; they are more responsible for their deaths than L could ever be.

Even the proxy that L used (Lind L. Tailor) was sentenced to death, so no innocents were ever killed by L. If we go too far down the "indirect" path, L could be indirectly guilty of the death of Aiber since he had him involved in the investigation, causing Light to kill him off once he regained the Death Note.

Tsuki.
07-18-2008, 02:08 AM
NEAR.

yes, i agree Near is the best, but since this is between Light and L I would have to choose L because he's so smart and he knew that Light waz Kira and he sits awesomely and he holds things the best way, and he luvs SUGAR! YAY 4 SUGAR!!! and. . . "Justice will prevail!"
:p

xXdark_angel_nekoXx
07-21-2008, 05:01 PM
well like i said before i am with L all the way. ya L!!!! you are my hero.

Tomoyo01
07-23-2008, 01:57 PM
I support L
Light became a criminal. Nothing was wrong at first but then...

Otosu
07-24-2008, 12:27 AM
I support L on the grounds that Light is a psychotic monster pathetic excuse for a human being. I mean, c'mon, he basically killed his own father.

Bluedini
07-27-2008, 05:55 AM
My support goes to L without a doubt. Although Light had good intentions for creating a deemed "perfect world," I felt those intentions began to suffer from corruption as the series continued. Light utilizes his power to kill, as well as the resulting fear in people's hearts, to create this idealized world. Even if someone were to speak out against his words, they would in turn pose as a potential threat to his campaign thus they would become "criminals".

L, on the other hand, risks his life to preserve justice in the purest sense. Granted, death for justice can possibly suffice in the minds of some, but to induce fear in the hearts of everyone is a huge injustice. He uses his intellect and deduction to stay one step ahead (or at least on equal ground) with Light. To even keep up with such a calculating mind amazes me, but to oppose that mind is even more stunning.

Yes, I go with L all the way... but even still, I do admire Light. He put up a great fight to the end.

Cellestro
07-31-2008, 01:54 PM
NEAR.

Rofl: that did make me laugh.

Hmm...for me? L; I think I agree with his sence of justice more, however, I do believe Light sort of did the right thing; killing the criminals and such...

...however, I cannot endorse murder.

....he could have handed it over and they could have used it on death row...cheap, efficient, safe ;)

Although I am a tad biased; I thought L rocked; he was just 'cool' haha...

EDIT: Also, if Light truly wanted to be just and rid the world of 'evil' he would have gotten the Shinigami eyes; sacrificing half of his own life for the better lives of the future...

Amray The II
07-31-2008, 02:30 PM
I support L
Light became a criminal. Nothing was wrong at first but then...

No, he became JUSTICE!!!

Seriously though, it does depend on how you look at it and from who's side you look at it from. Light saw himself as hope for a new world and thought that he was doing the world a favour, whereas L and the police just saw him as a childish mass murderer who was too young and silly to know what he was doing, even though he wasn't.

Robin Sena
07-31-2008, 04:03 PM
Light all the way, 'cos all he was doing was trying to rid the world of all evil.

Exige
07-31-2008, 04:14 PM
I'm for Light on this one, tho L is a neat character too. But Light was actually right, in some twisted way <.< He has it all: looks, brains and guts to pull out something he imagined, and the Death Note. That's an important part =)

Magelation
08-01-2008, 10:22 PM
....he could have handed it over and they could have used it on death row...cheap, efficient, safe ;)

That would have no purpose at all in lessening crime rate. All you're doing is giving them a new way to die. They're already sentenced to death anyway. What Light was doing was killing those who were "immune" to the law such as being too powerful for the police to arrest...etc...

winry13
08-02-2008, 12:12 AM
I support Light all the way. Even tho he became a physco murder. at first he was doing right by killing all the criminals. Then he just got all cought up in all the power and killing. L was smart, logical and calm, he had the side of justice on his side. Cause at the end (even if he did die) he won. He was right from the very start.

ria1
08-02-2008, 12:37 AM
I support L, even if he is a friggin' weirdo. Light thought he was on the side of justice, but he ended up being nothing more than a murderer, and is a prime example of what happens to people that try to be judge and juror, or a straight out vigilante. Yeah, he killed criminals, but he also killed innocent people too. It just goes to show you that absolute power corrupts.

PigFarts
08-02-2008, 12:41 AM
I'm obligated to support L since I'm a Mello spaz, and L to Mello is GOD! Yeah, sorry Kira-face, I gotta go for L since...that's who Mello would choose! ;p

zrikin
08-02-2008, 12:45 AM
L all the way he may have died, but he was a smart kind

Memento Mori
08-02-2008, 12:53 AM
I supported L, and here's why.

Light wanted the notebook to rid the world of evil, and what Ryuk said was true, killing off the lives of the innocent, Light would be the only 'bad' person left. Whether or not he's killing off criminals, he's killing, none the less, and he knows it. This is murder, it's illegal.

@Winry13, what he was doing was never right. Most of the criminals he killed were already serving their debt to society, and he killed them. The only good thing he did was the first two killings, and I'd hardly jusitfy those. Besides, Light killed the innocent detectives as well. L may have put the detectives on the spot, but Light was the one who actually killed them, not directly L. He took it way out of hand, and began killing like a mass murderer. This is NOT right. No matter what you might think, he didn't even think of the families of the criminals. I mean, some of them were criminals who were serving sentences for little things, and Light still killed them! Sure, you might think ridding the world of evil is right, but not in the way Light staged it all.

L knew what he was doing. And even though I don't enjoy the series, I supported L. He was much smarter than Light from the beginning. Light had to use supernatural powers to achieve his sick, twisted goal. L simply used his logic.

Also, Light was doing it more for himself than anyone else. He simply wanted to be the God of the new world, that's mainly why he did it. I think he cared little for actually ridding the world of evil. He was just being selfish the entire time.

Btw, I'm not trying to change anyone's opinions, but I feel defending Light is stupid. No offense.

Amray The II
08-04-2008, 03:17 PM
Also, Light was doing it more for himself than anyone else. He simply wanted to be the God of the new world, that's mainly why he did it. I think he cared little for actually ridding the world of evil. He was just being selfish the entire time.

Btw, I'm not trying to change anyone's opinions, but I feel defending Light is stupid. No offense.

None taken. All of what you said was true, Light was just being a selfish teenager..but that is why I loved him so much. Because he was so deliciously evil. >: D

Sanosuke X
08-04-2008, 04:13 PM
I like "L" he's just really cool.

Vera
08-05-2008, 11:31 PM
Heh, when I went to the theaters to see the Death Note movie, someone stood up before it started and asked for a general vote; L or Kira? L won by far ^.^

I'm totally with L, because as he said in volume 2, "...The good guys always win."

... Well, they should, at least ;;

InvaderKap
08-18-2008, 05:10 PM
I support both. I am amused by Light's psychopathic personality and God complex, but I can relate better to L. My personal mental relation with L cancels out with my amusement toward Light's psychopathic tendencies, resulting in my support of both L and Light.

xox.aisubeki.xox
08-18-2008, 05:48 PM
I support L!!!
YAY!! go L
*hold up sweat shirt*
"L lives"

godsofdeathluvapples13
08-18-2008, 06:00 PM
Well, I think that who you support in the Death Note series really depends on your personality. Like my friend is lets just say anything but normal. And she likes L. I however am more refined in public and care what ppl think. I like Light. It really depends on who you can conect with on the show. I can see myself being more like Light (half past crazy and very competitve, hes also hott) and she can see herself more as L (smart and cute).

FullMetalSamurai
08-20-2008, 12:11 PM
I support L 'nuff said xD

NinnaMoon
08-20-2008, 12:18 PM
Light

DiscoCarrot
08-20-2008, 12:29 PM
L.
Nothing else to really say.

Liquidus Zeromus
08-20-2008, 08:06 PM
Light, up to episode 8 at least. I'll see how twisted he gets, then I might change my mind. Yet again, I already am corrupted.
As someone said before, it comes down to personality. I see myself more as the Light type, an idealist turned corrupt and sociopathic. That, and I cackle when Light or Ryuk do. Or pretty much when any villains win. Does that make me sick? :laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsZWiR_xhIw&feature=related

LittleGirl
08-23-2008, 02:00 PM
I support L because Light ended up creating a world of fear. There was no peace. I would rather not live in a world like that. Besides, L's the man.

Aizmov
08-23-2008, 02:06 PM
Light OR Kira is a terrorist!
You just can't go killing people and terrorizing innocents! What Kira created was tyranny and terror!

I support L.

kira-killed-me
08-29-2008, 09:04 AM
Light is boring-
L is over rated-
I support mello all the way.

shinzou
08-31-2008, 03:41 AM
I support L, justice should be given but to be honest, killing people off for doing bad stuff on your own judgement makes u even worse...

why_not
08-31-2008, 07:33 AM
L
he knows what the real justify is...^o^

Deadeye31
08-31-2008, 09:06 AM
First thing, none of those criminals are innocent. If they were, we could all hate Light and then things would be easy. But in situations like this, it's hard to say. Do we, as regular people, have a right to kill criminals? Is it ok for even the police to kill criminals simply because the majority thinks it's the police's job?

A good parallel show to watch, of you like Deathnote is showtime's series call "Dexter". It's about a forensics guy who kills murderers. A deffinite must watch if you want to get a deeper look behind why someone would want to take justice into their own hands.

Orcius
08-31-2008, 12:06 PM
his name is spelled lite not light. i prefer lite yagami

Diocletian
08-31-2008, 12:37 PM

Did you mean: light yagami (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rlz=1T4TSHB_enUS235US236&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&q=light+yagami&spell=1)

Google bets the differ.

Mortal_Engines
08-31-2008, 12:53 PM
Well it was always Light when i read it... O.o Anyway even though its not a black/white, easy to see choice I just thought L was a better character while Light bored the hell out of me. And i wanted to punch him all the way through.

kira-killed-me
08-31-2008, 01:03 PM
Well actually it's raito

Amray The II
08-31-2008, 03:01 PM
Light is boring-
L is over rated-
I support mello all the way.

Fair enough but that was not the question.

Does not matter, tranlated from Japanese it is simply pronounced as "Light" or "Lite". Just like Kira is translated as "Killer" and "Akado" as Alucard.

Em-sempai
09-01-2008, 01:31 AM
I would have said L a couple of years back but now seeing that Light's the under-dog... Kira ALL THE WAY!!!! >: D

Besides, insane men attract the ladies. :P

Wio
09-01-2008, 02:11 AM
I would have said L a couple of years back but now seeing that Light's the under-dog... Kira ALL THE WAY!!!! >: D

Besides, insane men attract the ladies. :P
How is Light the under-dog? All Light needed was to make a deal with the Shinigami for the eyes. He could have won any time but he was too selfish and arrogant. L had to be able to know and prove who Kira was.

I always wanted Kira to be put to justice. He kills innocent people who were doing the right thing by trying to stop him.

+Namiko+
09-01-2008, 03:25 PM
Well, I think that who you support in the Death Note series really depends on your personality. Like my friend is lets just say anything but normal. And she likes L. I however am more refined in public and care what ppl think. I like Light. It really depends on who you can conect with on the show. I can see myself being more like Light (half past crazy and very competitve, hes also hott) and she can see herself more as L (smart and cute).
i'll take that as a compliment

L L L L L L L L L L L L L L L L L !

He's smart, cute, oh so silly, and lets not forget, HE AINT A FREAKIN' PSYCHOPATH!!!!!

though I love light every time he laughs, srsly, you wanna wet yourself? Go search Lights New Lol on Youtube.

wordfarer
09-01-2008, 08:51 PM
L dies while still on a close path to stopping Light, and since he always had even the slightest doubt in Light and kept at it he ends up dying without ever being completely wrong or failed for accepting Light completely. He is preserved as a legend- like artists who die young or at the peak of their talents.
I support L with few exceptions.

Amray The II
09-02-2008, 09:14 AM
HE AINT A FREAKIN' PSYCHOPATH!!!!!

But...that is why I love Light so much. Because he is insane.

+Namiko+
09-02-2008, 10:52 AM
But...that is why I love Light so much. Because he is insane.

his insaneness humors me, and his laugh is amazing, and he's very very good looking,

but L has cake, and he may be dead, but he had cake, i choose him...cake is everything

godsofdeathluvapples13
09-02-2008, 04:11 PM
his insaneness humors me, and his laugh is amazing, and he's very very good looking,

but L has cake, and he may be dead, but he had cake, i choose him...cake is everything

Your a weirdo! Light has a shinigamibut not just any shinigami, freaking Ryuk!!!!!! L doesnt. L falls over speechless at the word shinigami! HAHAHAHA

+Namiko+
09-02-2008, 06:16 PM
L falls over speechless at the word shinigami! HAHAHAHA

And those are exactly the type of unpredictible antics that make me love him, he's hilarious! I LIKE THEM BOTH but how many people REALLY side with Lights views?

...Nobody answer that...

WitchHunter
09-21-2008, 02:19 AM
I tend to side with Light. At first, the only people he intended to kill were criminals, whose existence had a negative impact on the world. The only reason he killed "innocent" people was that they were trying to catch him and put and end to his plans. Light greatly reduced global crime rates and put an end to war, which undoubtedly saved more lives than he ever took. L, for all his brilliance, lacked the ambition to improve the world.

loveless girl
09-21-2008, 06:31 PM
i supported L becouse other then i love the way he sat becouse light/kira was going crazy i mean sure kill super bad criminalls but he was killing good and bad people yahh.........got nothing against crazy people but light started creepying me out and becouse i dint like the way he was just using misa

L~rocks

+Namiko+
09-22-2008, 02:48 PM
L

all the hottnes of an EEEEMMMOOOOO
and all the happiness of a PREP
all the cuteness of an ANIME CHARACTER
and all the awesomeness of LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!

Yusei's_Kitty
09-22-2008, 05:16 PM
I would have to say L. He is able to figure things out without breaking a sweat and its pretty dang awesome! XDDDD He is also sooooo weird and i think that he's amazing.

Moko Chan
10-02-2008, 10:54 AM
I go for L. Hes smart and kinda odd in a good way.

L Lawliet 2
10-03-2008, 02:04 PM
I support L all the way!

TriciaRose~
10-05-2008, 08:45 AM
Well..er..I support both of them actually O.o...
Light's idea of justice over bad guys was a good one..but he let it get the best of him and he turned out to be the people he sought out to kill. It screwed him up.
But L was trying to stop him, and that was good too. I don't know..
I'll just say both.

Azul
10-15-2008, 12:59 PM
L all the way. That guy is banging. I mean where are you going to find someone with such mental prowess with such good looks? to answer my own question like ... nowhere. Light got lucky, i would totally kick his *** if i could as gorgeous as he might be, he is one sad sick warped dude with some serious issues. Seriously man, he need help.

Wake up light and smell the coffee you are nothing without that book. What is so special about writing in a Death Note and killing people. The real hero is L. That he could match wit with Light for so long; The dude is simply amazing .~_~. How dare they kill him!!

Signed,
Perturbed BLUE

Yoko Littner
10-19-2008, 12:50 PM
I support L, he's smart and also my favorite deathnote character, so thus, I support him.

Ranaroth
10-25-2008, 03:54 PM
I Agree with TriciaRose~,at first I supported Light but than he became such an evil bastard who would kill innocent people an justifty its a noble sacarfice.I hate people like that ,so now I'm for L all the way.

TsuchiKin/Tayuya
10-26-2008, 08:38 AM
I vote for L:Bump: (despite the fact that he looks like a zombie,kinda:sweatdrop )Light is rather crazy and looks really creepy in many parts!!:wacko: :read:

Takeshiroichi
11-06-2008, 11:16 AM
Zombie isn't it? hehe...well I agree anyway...

Light look "good" just in the first book after that he like psycho person
L not handsome like Light but so brilliant and funny...strange people and very tricky but actually he is very nice people...

I LOOVVVVEEE LLL...( I am curious to death who the real name of L, do you know?)

syusuke chevaliere
11-07-2008, 08:57 PM
ill go for L. Light, although a highly intelligent student, a narrow perspective of justice. He is unfair to the criminals not like L, who has a strong sense of justice and knows what is right from wrong. I do believe in his view and his ally's.

*~Anime Angel~*
11-07-2008, 11:45 PM
L! he is so adorable in his position eating his cake and what not