PDA

View Full Version : Metal Gear Solid 5?!

Noraith
07-06-2008, 07:09 AM
http://wwvv.kotaku.com/5010401/kojima-is-thinking-about-me%20tal-gear-solid-5

Now , I wonder .. Is this only to keep hopes up for Uber-fan's like myself , Of MGS or is this for real? Even thought i'm not sure yet i'm really hoping that he will continue making the MGS series , Even though he said Metal Gear Solid 4 is the last one . And heck , you don't need Snake to make a uber game.. Or do you? Oh who am i kidding , yes you do xD But i'm predicting even if it will come out it wont be with snake , Or will it? Hmm..

Manhattan_Project_2000
07-06-2008, 08:56 AM
I'm pretty sure that the only official things I heard were
-MGS4 is the last one with Kojima directing.
-MGS4 is the last one with Solid Snake.
I heard nothing about MGS4 being the last MGS.

I'm not really surprised. MGS is a great game that sells like hot cakes. They can't really do a sequel, though, because there is no one left to base it on (Unless Sunny dons a Ninja suit). That blog guesses a Big Boss prequel, but I'm hoping for The Boss. It seems to me that hearing about the Philosophers for once might be interesting, and there are a few interesting events that were never fleshed out back then (Volgin's Dad stealing the money, The Boss + The Sorrow romance [Which is also Ocelot's origin, as it were], how The End got so damn cool, and what the hell was The Fury doing testing space rockets Pre-WW2 (unless that stuff is a more recent addition, in which case what was he like before he got sent into space).

Nineteenth
07-06-2008, 10:14 AM
Hopefully, we'll see another MGA out of this.

Coffee_Danger
07-06-2008, 02:10 PM
No one ever said the MGS4 was going to be the last MGS. I’m so satisfied with MGS4, I honestly wouldn’t care if they didn’t come out with another MGS, but I’m sure that won’t be the case.

Amray The II
07-06-2008, 02:19 PM
It could end up something like Metal Gear Ac!d, but not as a spin-off. If Kojima does not direct this then chances are that I will not bother. Well..I probably will as I still get the Ac!d series but I bet they will be nnowhere as good.

Dogmat
07-06-2008, 10:15 PM
I'd love for there to be another Metal Gear game! I think it'd be a great idea to remake the original Metal Gear 1 and 2 for the Playstation 3.

Amray The II
07-07-2008, 08:29 AM
I'd love for there to be another Metal Gear game! I think it'd be a great idea to remake the original Metal Gear 1 and 2 for the Playstation 3.

They have already re-made the 1st one for Gamecube, and the second one was as good as it is was going to get anyway. Their really is no need to re-make them all over again just for a 3rd generation console. Being on PS1 and PS2 makes them what they are, two previous legendary and classic games.

Manhattan_Project_2000
07-07-2008, 11:13 AM
Original Metal Gear e.g. not Metal Gear Solid. He's talking about the ones that were released on the PC Engine in the late 80s. First one got ported to the NES. If you're interested, they can be found on the MGS3 bonus disk.

I don't think it's a great idea though.

Amray The II
07-07-2008, 11:28 AM
Oh! My apologies! You mean the ones where you play as Solid Snake and Big Boss is the target. Yes I know them and I have played them on my brothers MGS3 special edition thingy. I played them both for about 10 minutes, they were way too difficult.

Diocletian
07-07-2008, 11:51 AM
That quick.Snake is my god.Master Chief wishes he could wash his shoes.

JD_Himself
07-10-2008, 07:38 PM
I'm pretty sure that the only official things I heard were
-MGS4 is the last one with Kojima directing.
-MGS4 is the last one with Solid Snake.
I heard nothing about MGS4 being the last MGS.

I'm not really surprised. MGS is a great game that sells like hot cakes. They can't really do a sequel, though, because there is no one left to base it on (Unless Sunny dons a Ninja suit). That blog guesses a Big Boss prequel, but I'm hoping for The Boss. It seems to me that hearing about the Philosophers for once might be interesting, and there are a few interesting events that were never fleshed out back then (Volgin's Dad stealing the money, The Boss + The Sorrow romance [Which is also Ocelot's origin, as it were], how The End got so damn cool, and what the hell was The Fury doing testing space rockets Pre-WW2 (unless that stuff is a more recent addition, in which case what was he like before he got sent into space).

First post in a bit! and I agree with all this. One other option though could be a reverse to where Raiden was and how he accomplished all of the things he did like stealing Big Boss's body, saving Sunny, leading to his capture and how he became Cyborg Raiden. I know im fairly interested in this because he went through such a darastic change, I want to know more of his story. But that's just me.

Cyborg Ninja fan for life.

FriedRice
07-11-2008, 03:50 PM
Nice a 5th one

Sword
07-12-2008, 08:41 AM
Since Solid Snake isn't in it any more I thinkthey would probably remove "Solid" from the title again. I would also welcome a complete remake and overhaul of the original Metal Gears.

I guess I need to play the 4th one to get a better vision of the future of Metal Gear...

Manhattan_Project_2000
07-12-2008, 10:20 AM
Since Solid Snake isn't in it any more I thinkthey would probably remove "Solid" from the title again. I would also welcome a complete remake and overhaul of the original Metal Gears.

I guess I need to play the 4th one to get a better vision of the future of Metal Gear...
Solid wasn't in the MGS3, and he was in MG 1&2. "Solid" doesn't designate that it has Solid Snake as a playable character.

Sword
07-12-2008, 10:33 AM
Solid wasn't in the MGS3, and he was in MG 1&2. "Solid" doesn't designate that it has Solid Snake as a playable character.
I know. I just meant that if they were going to move it in a new direction, it would make more sense to change the "Solid" to something else. Metal Gear Solid was the era of Snake vs Liquid, and now that era is over. Just like like Metal Gear Ac!d isn't Metal Gear Solid canon, however MGS3 IS part of the Metal Gear Solid story.

Amray The II
07-12-2008, 11:03 AM
They would change 'Solid' but only if it were a new Snake altogether.

Father: Naked (Big Boss), Eldest: Solidus, Centre Child: Liquid, Youngest: Solid.

Solid was the perfect replicate of Big Boss himself and was the latest model and clone. He was a success so to speak. But they will not change Solid's name if refering to the same man. Only if it is a new clone or something will it change. Remember Big Boss was named "Naked Snake", and even though Solidus was born afterwards it did not mean that he would inherit the name. They were all different.

Manhattan_Project_2000
07-12-2008, 11:19 AM
I know. I just meant that if they were going to move it in a new direction, it would make more sense to change the "Solid" to something else. Metal Gear Solid was the era of Snake vs Liquid, and now that era is over. Just like like Metal Gear Ac!d isn't Metal Gear Solid canon, however MGS3 IS part of the Metal Gear Solid story.
The sequel could still be part of that storyline. A story about The Boss or Big Boss would be integral to that storyline. And there could always be something else out there that could present a problem directly stemming from something Liquid did.

Sword
07-12-2008, 11:41 AM
The sequel could still be part of that storyline. A story about The Boss or Big Boss would be integral to that storyline. And there could always be something else out there that could present a problem directly stemming from something Liquid did.
Yeah I realize that too. I'm just firing the idea out there, I haven't really thought it through or anything so....yeah. I'm just thinking that if it had such an epic closure then adding a small thing that happened after might ruin it if you know what I mean.

Amray The II
07-13-2008, 09:18 AM
Yeah I realize that too. I'm just firing the idea out there, I haven't really thought it through or anything so....yeah. I'm just thinking that if it had such an epic closure then adding a small thing that happened after might ruin it if you know what I mean.

Well yes. That is why Shinichiro Watanabe has no plans to make another Cowboy Bebop series. He said that he should not just carry on making sequels just for the sake of it and that to stop producing them when people want more is the best thing to do and is more within the Bebop spirit. Although recently when he was asked if their were to be more he said "Someday, maybe someday."

This could be what Kojima thinks too. The urge to make more as so many people adore the series although it is usually better to stop when people want more to make the series seem more original. It is most probably either a fifth one directed by another member of the staff or maybe even loads of spin-offs to milk this famous series for all it's worth, similar to the Final Fantasy VII story.

ParaParaJMo
07-16-2008, 12:48 AM
maybe it will be about the kid of meryl and johnny!!!

i also heard of rumors of them wanting to make a metal gear ocelot (for psp), and when portable ops came out, kojima said he's open to making more games about big boss.

i hope they make one to the set up of when then made his clones (since liquid said he was in a coma when they did that)

randomuser83
07-16-2008, 01:42 PM
Well Kojima is like this every time. He says it will be the last one then bam another game down the road. So ill just wait and reserve my response for when he does release it.

MadEyeJohn
07-16-2008, 10:49 PM
yeah everyone knows hes gonna make another one. hes the master of metal gear hes not gonna let it end till he dies!.