PDA

View Full Version : Chrono Trigger DS confirmed?

StabWound
07-02-2008, 06:33 AM
Looks that way.

http://img388.imageshack.us/img388/7140/newsimg112310ba9.jpg
Recent scan from Jump magazine.

The Japanese Square-Enix site have put up a page that has the Nintendo DS logo with the series' iconic clock image next to it, ticking away.

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/ctds/

Other info:
http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/53420

I for one can't wait.

Edit:

Now the North American Sqare Enix site has added the clock.

http://na.square-enix.com/ctds/

Haoie
07-03-2008, 02:13 AM
Good news, it seems.

Don't expect it to be out this year though.

Cross Avantgarde
07-03-2008, 07:44 AM
Sweet! One of the best games ever made for the SNES, that's for sure. The new additions mentioned in the article you linked sound interesting.

StabWound
07-03-2008, 08:57 AM
Good news, it seems.

Don't expect it to be out this year though.
A new update said it'll hit North America "this holiday season." hopefully we'll find out more info at E3.

Amarhyllis
07-03-2008, 12:09 PM
I think it's a great idea, and I for one am excited to play it when it comes out.
But I can't help but feel sorry for SE...they don't have an original idea of their own.

Haoie
07-04-2008, 02:11 AM
Man, if they're trying to get it out in less than 6 months, it'll be a disaster.

Manhattan_Project_2000
07-04-2008, 02:37 AM
Man, if they're trying to get it out in less than 6 months, it'll be a disaster.
Why? For one thing, there's no reason to think they are just starting the project when they announced it. And for another, if they are making more-or-less a straight port, most of the programming is already done, especially since Square/Enix has already ported other late-SNES games to the DS and/or GBA.

I think the difference technologically between FF6 and CT is negligible, so they should be able to apply most of what they did for that game to this port. Most of the development time is going to be spent on testing the product, not making the product.

StabWound
07-04-2008, 05:14 PM
New scan, looks like it is pretty much a straight port.

Cross Avantgarde
07-04-2008, 05:48 PM
Yeah. The same exact pictures in the instruction booklet for the SNES game (probably one of the only instruction booklets I've ever kept up with).

Diocletian
07-04-2008, 05:51 PM
Akira Toriyama made it so I'll buy it.Sadly,I made that mistake with Dragon Quest.SUCKS!

Sanosuke23
07-04-2008, 08:31 PM
Ah, Chrono Trigger. What fun we shall have together once again. I need to purchase a new DS for the occasion.

Akira Toriyama made it so I'll buy it.Sadly,I made that mistake with Dragon Quest.SUCKS!

You. Get out.

Diocletian
07-05-2008, 05:30 PM
Ah, Chrono Trigger. What fun we shall have together once again. I need to purchase a new DS for the occasion.

You. Get out.

Monsters Joker wasn't to my standards.I've played a bunch of RPG's and they've been better than that one.

StabWound
07-05-2008, 05:42 PM
DQM isn't even on the same level as Chrono Trigger.

Manhattan_Project_2000
07-05-2008, 05:52 PM

Monsters Joker wasn't to my standards.I've played a bunch of RPG's and they've been better than that one.
That's like saying that after playing Final Fantasy Tactics Advance you are qualified to say that all Final Fantasys suck.

Nineteenth
07-06-2008, 10:20 AM
An enhanced port of an enhanced port.

Can anybody promise to tell me if this is -any- different than the PSX port?
I doubt I'm going to buy the same game.. 3 times.

Manhattan_Project_2000
07-06-2008, 12:06 PM

Well, because it's on a cartridge and not badly dumped onto a CD in a machine with a 2x drive, it should load properly.

On the minus side, it's on the DS, with all the lame resolution and small screen that entails.

FriedRice
07-06-2008, 12:39 PM
It's been a pretty bad year so far for the ds
Good to know something good's coming out

StabWound
07-06-2008, 01:25 PM

Wifi compatibility that we don't know much about yet, and an extra dungeon.

And of course touchscreen.

Diocletian
07-07-2008, 03:14 PM
That's like saying that after playing Final Fantasy Tactics Advance you are qualified to say that all Final Fantasys suck.

Tactics was good I don't know why people say it sucks.I've played about 50-60 RPG's in my lifetime{Passed slightly more than half}

Haoie
07-08-2008, 02:41 AM
Not another port. Sheesh.

Sanosuke23
07-08-2008, 05:18 PM
Tactics was good I don't know why people say it sucks.I've played about 50-60 RPG's in my lifetime{Passed slightly more than half}

Tactics Advance was by-and-large considered a disappointment when compared to the original Tactics. Arbitrary "rules" selected more or less at random meant you could easily find yourself in a fight against nothing but monsters where it was illegal to damage monsters.

@Haoie: Chrono Trigger gets to be remade once per gen. It's that good.

manslayer101
07-08-2008, 09:52 PM
They finally are doing something else with it :D

This is good considering the Chrono Ressurection (a remake of CT for PC from a small team) was canceled by the publisher of CT, which sucked.

Dark-Sasuke
07-09-2008, 06:32 AM
Chrono Triggers one of my favorite games, but knowing DS, somethings gonna go wrong, i had a DS, the only game i enjoyed was "The world ends with you" got a feeling theyll "NEW CHARACTER" or "NEW MAP" or "NEW OST" somethings bound to go wrong, chrono triggers a one time classic, simple as

Haoie
07-10-2008, 03:34 AM
Ports are so freaking unoriginal. Even lower on the chain than remakes.

They better include some good features, or else.

There's already a huge backlash.

Light Buster
07-10-2008, 11:40 AM
I'm probably not counting on Chrono Trigger DS to hit the charts and get a good review. A lot of Triple-A games have already hit the market. (i.e. Halo 3, Call of Duty 4, Metal Gear Solid 4, Okami for the Wii, Gears of War 2 [thats going to kill the market for sure]) If Chrono Trigger DS is good (4 out of 5 or 5 out of 5), I may pick it up, but the chances of that are really small.

███
07-11-2008, 09:23 AM
They better not add in a stupid card game where you have to collect cards. I hate when games do that, I mean what the hell? If I want to play UNO I will go out and buy UNO, not buy Final Fantasy 8 instead.