PDA

View Full Version : Original Fiction: What? : Chapter 2

KuroTan
07-02-2008, 01:58 AM
This chapter is probably loaded with a hell of a lot of cliche seeds if I can cultivate them properly. =D

-----------------------------------------------------------

“There’s more than one way out of this platform,” he moved to one of the consoles and started to extract the important information from it. “Alice, prepare the men to execute Operation Pisces. Erickson, link us to the high command. Tell them we’re abandoning this installation. Tammy, Xavier, John, Jill, prepare for execution of the Pisces maneuver. Ladies and gentlemen, we’re going home.”

“You’re loving this aren’t you?” Alice said with a playful smile. “You get to play the leader again.”

“Heh,” he returned the smile. “Keep quiet about it or I’ll get court marshaled for relishing the attack of an enemy on one of our most valuable installations.

“Commander, General Vaughn on the line.”

“Ah, general,” Andy turned to the console. “As you were undoubtedly informed, we are under attack from the A.A. We are in the process of executing Operation Pisces as the primary escape route, the Tungsten Pass, has been deemed too dangerous for use. If all goes to plan, and I see why it shouldn’t, we should all be in the mainland in less than 72 hours.”

“Commander Andy, what of Specimen 17?”

“What about Specimen 17? We leave it, as with the rest of the platform.”

“You will do no such thing commander,” the general said. “Specimen 17 must not fall under enemy hands, nor must it be lost in this attack. You will retrieve Specimen 17 and you will bring it along with you.

“General!” Andy slammed his fist on top of the table. “I will not risk my men for something as trivial as Specimen 17.”

“Specimen 17 is worth more than all of your men’s lives.” The general continued, unfazed at this burst of emotion. “You will retrieve it, or at the very least prevent the A.A. from acquiring it, at all cost. Is that understood?”

“I will not kill my men for something that’s already dead!”

“You will do as you are ordered commander.” The general gestured with his hands to show that the conversation was over. “That is all.”

“Damn it!” Andy slammed his fist again on the top of the table as the communication channel closed. He slumped onto one of the chairs.

“Commander?” Tammy raised a hand cautiously. “What exactly is Specimen 17?”

“That’s on a need-to-know basis. You do not have clearance for that information,” he recited, as if on automatic. “All you need to know is that we’ll all probably die trying to get it out of this platform.”

“Come on now Andy,” Alice said as she gave him a playful shove. “Can’t be that bad can it? We get it, we run out and that’s it.”

“Sure. We get it, we run out and that’s it,” he stood up. “Very well, this is madness but we have our orders. I’ll leave the theatrics for later after we’re all out of this hell hole. Tammy, John, take some of the men and rush to Sector 7 where Specimen 17 is housed. Speed is of the essence if we want to minimize the casualties. I’ll meet you there. Xavier, Jill, take the rest of the men and proceed with Operation Pisces. Meet us at Sector 7 once you’re all done. We’ll make our stand there if it comes to that.”

“Yes, sir.”

Andy waited until all four of the officers had run out of the control room and the door had closed firmly shut before he let out a long sigh and slumped back down his chair again.

“You okay?” Alice walked over and put a comforting hand on his shoulder. “I hope you don’t mind my little bit of theatrics too.”

“Nah,” he said as he took her hand into his. “It’s no good to have the men’s morale down anyway. My fault really, I shouldn’t have let my emotions run like that.”

“Blame the general and his damned Specimen 17,” she said with a little laugh.

“Damned Specimen 17 is too right.” He said as he slowly roused himself from his slump. “Of all the platforms in the empire, they had to put it here.”

“The conditions here were perfectfor it I was told,” she said. “You’d think they would have armed our platform more though.”

“Blame the general,”

“Blame the general,” she echoed with another little laugh.

“Well, let’s do this if we’re doing it,” he said as he armed himself from the small armory in the control room. Apart from the assault rifle and one grenade he took out, he also took a little remote that, for him, would be his wildcard if all else failed. “You ready?”

“Hang on,” she said as she walked towards the armory. She picked up an assault rifle, slung it on his back, took a pistol and jammed it into her pocket, grabbed the bag of grenades, threw in all of the ammo it could hold, and slung it on to her back as well. When she next spoke, she had the look of someone who was expecting to have the time of their life. “Now, I’m ready.”

“One more thing,” he said. Turning, he took her into his arms and stole a short kiss. As they parted, he had the same look as she. “I’ve been waiting a long time to do that.”

“Impeccable timing then, picking a time when our lives could very well end in the next hour or so,” she said as she gave another of her little laughs. “But I guess it’s better than never.”

“Hell yeah it is,” he said as he answered with a laugh of his own. “Let’s do this then.

And they ran.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Hooray for movie marathons and mixed media.

Capernicus
08-21-2008, 03:57 AM
“The conditions here were perfectfor it I was told,” she said. “You’d think they would have armed our platform more though.”

haha! I found one! =DDD

This was pretty funny anyway, cliche or not. I found it entertaining. I wonder what this dead Specimen 17 is. O.O Is it edible? lol

Not much to report here, you did develop your characters more. They seem thrilled with these new developments and rather will enjoy the ensuing standoff. I think the story thusfar is pretty convincing. Damn, I don't have anything to complain about. But, I especially liked the little love element you decided to include in your crew. rawr

KuroTan
08-22-2008, 10:04 PM
lol. Small spacing issues. xD Looks like I'll have to continue this storyline then, if only for the one person who bothered to comment. =b

Capernicus
08-23-2008, 01:05 AM
Yes, please do! (I only found out today that you are/were baka black. ><)

KuroTan
08-23-2008, 03:35 AM
Yeah... changed my username a while back.^^