PDA

View Full Version : What if L's successor had been a girl? DEATH NOTE

aishiteru333
06-24-2008, 01:35 PM
I'm wondering what you think would happen if L's successor had been a girl.

I think the series wouldn't have been as exciting. Nothing against female lead parts but I don't think there would have been that many fans of Death Note if the successor would have been a girl. Do you see how many fans there are of L and Near?

Just wondering what you think would happen if the successor had been a girl.

Have fun!!!

alliop
06-24-2008, 01:48 PM
Well to begin with if L's successor was a female then they wouldn't be able to make any yaoi with Near and Mello.

aishiteru333
06-24-2008, 01:53 PM
Well, that is answering that... But there can still be yaoi with Matt and Mello...

alliop
06-24-2008, 01:59 PM
True but it wouldn't be that wierd kind of agnsty sex that would happen between Mello and Near.

aishiteru333
06-24-2008, 04:09 PM
Just because they are in competition of intelligence? I think a Matt/Mello relationship would be far more interesting! After all, Matt is cute!!!

Maybe other people would like to comment on this? We got a little off topic.

rEikAbLeU
06-24-2008, 04:40 PM
if it's a girl?

well i guess, maybe it would lessen the excitement a little bit but still, that would be interesting, a young intelligent girl trying to solve out a hard case causing his mentor's death....

that would really be a different thing....

law~
06-24-2008, 04:40 PM
Anyway.... Ok :D
Hey Another Amane just less annoying and bit too much smarter ??? ;) well, I got nothing against female lead parts too... but I think I wouldn't like as much as I like DN now if L's successor had been a girl...

aishiteru333
06-24-2008, 04:56 PM
Anyway.... Ok :D
Hey Another Amane just less annoying and bit too much smarter ??? ;) well, I got nothing against female lead parts too... but I think I wouldn't like as much as I like DN now if L's successor had been a girl...

Yeah, kind of like her but still the show wouldn't have become what it was. It was too great!!!

Cross Avantgarde
07-02-2008, 08:36 AM
Wow...I'm not sure if it would be for better or for worse, but you're definitely right about one thing: it would be an entirely different feel in the series.

As the rivalry between Near and Mello is often apparent, I wonder if, had one of them been female, the rivalry would be not only over intelligence but gender as well?

Diocletian
07-02-2008, 10:22 AM
Girl=Near

Honestly he was emotional had curly hair,must I go on?

ToriMitsuki
07-12-2008, 07:55 AM
If L's successor had been female...You have to put things into account. 1. It might grab more males attention to the manga. 2. More females might love death note. 3. It could also drop so much attention from the Death Note faster than a dead rat in a bakery. Though I admit it would be pretty cool and interesting to see that truly done there are too many things with that that could ruin it...

wordfarer
09-02-2008, 06:45 PM
I thought Mello was a girl for a long time (I was reading the Manga, so there was no voice to give it away).

AnimeRumorDotCom
09-09-2008, 02:09 AM
Lol look at Misa she was quite evil and could have been pretty good

Capernicus
09-09-2008, 02:38 AM
Just because they are in competition of intelligence? I think a Matt/Mello relationship would be far more interesting! After all, Matt is cute!!!

Maybe other people would like to comment on this? We got a little off topic.
I really do despise ridiculous yaoi/yuri pairings. I mean, you notice no one ever makes ridiculous hetero pairing? I guess people have rather higher (or more respectful) opinions of them.

Either way, I think that would have been pretty cool. I'd like Death Note equally.

Lawliet-.-
09-09-2008, 08:29 AM
If L's successor became a girl then obviously, more men will be attracted to the show.. But seeing that the Death Note creator is not like other immature anime makers that only thinks of putting huge bumpers to the girls in the show to attract more attention, I have to say that they will make the girl character in to a really interesting one. Like L's character perhaps. Eccentric but adorable. Imagine a girl having lots of make-ups and other girly stuff, but with an incredibly smart mind who can notice a lot of things just by staring at it for a second or so. Wouldn't that be awesome?

+Namiko+
09-10-2008, 04:01 PM
Thought Near was a girl for a while there.

Not Sexist, I am a girl

I DON'T LIKE FEMALE CHARACTERS!!

No, they're often catty, stupid and self interested

THE WORLD CANNOT SURVIVE ANOTHER MISA

MattMello FTW!!!(sorry, had to say it!)

Memento Mori
09-10-2008, 04:53 PM
I don't see how any of these crappy yaoi pairings have to do with the actual story.

It's just you yaoi fangirls screwing with the story with your sick, twisted ways.

Anyway, I don't think much would change.

Maybe some more females watching.

Maybe, if the girl was pretty, they could use her charms to catch Kira/Light.

And I think the girl would replace Mello.

Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki
09-11-2008, 08:27 AM
I really do despise ridiculous yaoi/yuri pairings. I mean, you notice no one ever makes ridiculous hetero pairing? I guess people have rather higher (or more respectful) opinions of them.

L x Misa = ridiculous

I actually think that would be very interesting, depending on how this character would be done. I'm pretty sure that she'd actually be made well. If she too came from the Wammy house, I doubt she'd be as social and catty as Misa. It would an interesting twist that I could certainly get into. I wonder what sympathy Light would have for her as well. Funny how gender could do that.

And this is coming from someone who can't name a female character she likes.

+Namiko+
09-11-2008, 02:36 PM
Ok, a female migght work. But I'd rather her be medium attractive, small, intelligent and white/white-blond hair. In other words, a femal Near, which wouldn't change much ecxept there might be more female fans. Near is perfect fot the part. I don't see near as a he or she, even though he is male. Near is just Near. A female Near would have been cool, nonetheless. But I only want a female if she takes on the "L-ish" mannerisms that Near has.

Sailor Mystery
09-11-2008, 03:55 PM
if it was a girl it can show that girls can be just as smart as guys, it also depends on the kind of girl it would be.

Zenni-Kun
09-17-2008, 09:17 PM
the series would have had a little more unusuallity to it, thats for sure, but i dont hink much else would have changed