PDA

View Full Version : Remembering an 80s anime

infofreako
06-19-2008, 07:48 PM
Hi, this is my first post on this forum and so hello to one and all.

I'm trying to remember a space anime that I saw several years ago on the sci fi channel in the UK.

I'm afraid I can't be any more specific except that it was an anime set in space on spaceships. It was a feature length film and not part of a series. I'm fairly sure it was made in the 80s judging by the style of the animation.

Initially, I thought that I was thinking about the anime Lensman, which I saw recently, but it turned out to not be the one.

Ideally, I suppose if someone could show me a list of 80s space anime, then I would be able to remember.

Anyway, some suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Robin Sena
07-13-2008, 01:54 PM
Voltron (Go Lion in Japan) is one example.

Diocletian
07-13-2008, 03:03 PM
Where would I be without Wiki?
Wiki it.

Deadeye31
07-23-2008, 02:26 PM
can you be more specific? Do you remember a ship? What did it look like? Do you remember any mobile suits? If you can give us a few details we could probably pin it down or narrow the list quite a bit.

I was trying to remember a really old anime some time back and all I could remember was a battleship that took off into space and it was from the 80s. Turns out I was remembering Space Battleship Yamato which was from '77, I think.

Munin
09-21-2008, 03:40 PM
Maybe Space Adventure Cobra? That was early 80's.

Dragon Ranger
11-01-2008, 01:20 AM
theres an anime I saw around 86 or 87 that I can't remeber the name of

AbsoluteAnimeFan
11-05-2008, 10:27 AM
Hi, this is my first post on this forum and so hello to one and all.

I'm trying to remember a space anime that I saw several years ago on the sci fi channel in the UK.

I'm afraid I can't be any more specific except that it was an anime set in space on spaceships. It was a feature length film and not part of a series. I'm fairly sure it was made in the 80s judging by the style of the animation.

Initially, I thought that I was thinking about the anime Lensman, which I saw recently, but it turned out to not be the one.

Ideally, I suppose if someone could show me a list of 80s space anime, then I would be able to remember.

Anyway, some suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hello, first of all welcome..i would suggest voltron too...