PDA

View Full Version : Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe.

Manhattan_Project_2000
06-12-2008, 01:50 PM
I kid you not.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/867/867631p1.html

This sounds completely bat[poop] insane to me, but I know this is the sort of thing that would give a significant portion of this board nergasms, so I posted it.

So what do you think? Is this definitive proof that god is dead, or what?

Amray
06-12-2008, 01:54 PM
Yes. My friend told me about this last month, he adores both DC and MK things and is looking forward to this to the extreme. I have never really been a fan of both DC nor MK to be honest though.

Does this mean that the game will be 18+? Does it also mean that you can use Scorpion to rip off Robins head?

"GET OVER HERE!"
"UH-OH! QUICK, TO THE BAT MOBILE!"

Manhattan_Project_2000
06-12-2008, 02:10 PM
I dunno about Scorpion, but at least the DC characters aren't performing fatalities. No Superman throwing Batman into the sun.

Which brings up a point. How can anyone defeat Superman much less The Goddamned Batman? Is everyone going to have weapons made out of kryptonite?

Also, this game automatically fails in Joker isn't a playable character.

Amray
06-12-2008, 02:20 PM
Do they atleast have the Riddler? Or maybe Two-Face? He could kill people by throwing masses amount of coins at them.

But having Superman as an enemy? How on Earth...
Does that mean that he will be immune to Sub-Zero's ice attacks? As he could easily break out. Although I would like to see him dodge Sindels screams with his super hearing.

Kobbler
06-12-2008, 04:02 PM
This isnt going to be good. No Fatalities, no blood, thus no good. What was DC even thinking going into this deal?

Batman can be beaten, he is human after all. Superman is a BS superhero anyways, he was designed to be unbeatable from the very begining, only later did they decide to give him a weakness of kryptonite because people where starting to get tired of him being so overpowered.

Manhattan_Project_2000
06-12-2008, 04:19 PM
This isnt going to be good. No Fatalities, no blood, thus no good. What was DC even thinking going into this deal?

Batman can be beaten, he is human after all. Superman is a BS superhero anyways, he was designed to be unbeatable from the very begining, only later did they decide to give him a weakness of kryptonite because people where starting to get tired of him being so overpowered.

Batman is the most plot-armored character in existance. If Batman got into a fight with GOD, Batman would win. He regularly kicks Superman's [butt] in every unfriendly encounter they've ever had.

Amray
06-12-2008, 04:29 PM
Although The Punisher was the best realistic human anti-hero. But alas, he is Marvel.

Maybe you have to unlock Superman because he is so powerful.

Kobbler
06-12-2008, 10:48 PM
You have to remember that they are having to downplay Superman's powers now because he was too strong. Add to it they are powering up Batman's equipment to make up for his lack of any superpowers.

Just remember kids, No Blood, No Gore, No Fun. Violence is a staple in the MK world, and over the top violence is just what we need, especially if your adding mainstream superheros into the mix. I want to see Aquaman get speared in the head by Scorpion, Cyrax getting completely crushed by a Superman right hook, and the awesome bloody catfight between Syndel and Wonder Woman.

Sanosuke23
06-13-2008, 07:23 PM
Well, Superman is known to hold back deliberately to not kill people. In fact, there have been several instances where Batman admitted the only thing that gives him a fighting chance to do anything is that Supes won't fight to his best ability.

I don't see why he wouldn't do the same against only slightly above mortal beings.

Haoie
06-13-2008, 08:29 PM
Not unusual.

They've had Marvel X DC comic crossovers for years now.

This is just the logical next step.

Haoie
06-13-2008, 08:32 PM
Damn typos, I meant Marvel X Capcom the game, arcade fighter [and others]

There was even a Namco X Capcom game a while back.

Crossovers between comics and gaming, not so unusual.

Manhattan_Project_2000
06-13-2008, 09:54 PM
Well, Superman is known to hold back deliberately to not kill people. In fact, there have been several instances where Batman admitted the only thing that gives him a fighting chance to do anything is that Supes won't fight to his best ability.

I don't see why he wouldn't do the same against only slightly above mortal beings.
From the way I read it, the PSM article seems to indicate that instead of weakening Superman, they are going to give everyone else Outworld Voodoo because magic is his other weakness. Specifically, they mentioned giving Batman magic. Which could be completely freaking retarded, depending on how it's played. And ask yourself this: has anyone ever played MK for the story? I think not.

Sanosuke23
06-13-2008, 10:54 PM
Okay, so now that we've established WHICH Superman is in the game(some, like I believe All-Star Supes aren't weak to magic), we're good. Weakest Superman is okay.

Though if all of it takes place in Outland, that should have been enough.

I propose Marvel get in on this, only so I can have Magic Batman v. Dr. Doom, Sorcerer Supreme Runner-Up.

ValentineWolf
06-20-2008, 09:57 PM
I want to see how they'll manage to pull this one off. I mean the last MK game wasn't too great, imo. I'm a fan of both universes but them crossing over could very well end in disaster.

So I'm half looking forward to it and half iffy on it.

Nineteenth
06-22-2008, 12:00 PM
Mortal Kombat started going downhill the moment they decided "WAIT A MINUTE. LET's GIVE IT AN EPIC GRANDIOSE STORYLINE AT THE LAST MINUTE"
It failed, and now they're making silly crossovers.
Although the MK vs SF card game was interesting, yet still silly.
Why don't they just break down and make Capcom vs SNK ( with good characters this time) vs Namco vs Atlus vs Konami?

Brojasu
06-23-2008, 12:08 AM
MK with No fatalities, no flying limbs, rated T?!?= Epic Fail:P

Broly3k8
06-26-2008, 11:09 AM
Yea i saw a video for this on the PS3....Ehhhh... Would be pretty cool to watch Lui Kang get his Arse kicked by Batman...

Whats next? DBZ Vs. Marvel.....Hummm Broly vs. Hulk comes up again....

Brojasu
06-27-2008, 03:25 PM
broly would kill the hulk in a battle

Kobbler
06-29-2008, 08:51 PM
I read an interview with Ed Boon in Xbox magazine it actually didnt help me get over any of my worries about this game. He claimed that there are parts in both franchises stories and time lines where they have very similar parts, yeah... I dont think DC's universe has ever been ripped apart by two realms merging together. And they werent even clear on what the "fatality" would mean in this, are we going to get people pulling kidneys out of each other, or is this going to be a slap fight.