PDA

View Full Version : Call of Duty 5: WWII again

Kojack
06-09-2008, 05:32 PM
So, just when something good was happening to the WWII shooter (ie. it wasn't being made) with Call of Duty 4, number 5 has been named World at War and will focus on the Pacific campaign against the Japanese, as well as the German invasion of Russia. At least they're not doing Normandy again.

Oh, and it's being developed by Treyarch this time (guys behind Call of Duty 3) instead of Infinity Ward.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/880/880288p1.html

What do you guys think? Up for more WWII action?

Drifter Uk
06-09-2008, 05:49 PM
cod4 is better than cod3 could ever hope to be. why they gave the rights to treyarch again i dont know
as for it being world war 2, i think that it could be good, but a modern call of duty game made a nice change, so it should really be left as a now modern series
but yeah, CoD5 could be a good game

Amray
06-09-2008, 06:27 PM
I really enjoyed Call of Duty 4. I think that it was the best one to date, therefore I would of liked Infinity Ward to do it. There again who knows? I may be suprised with the outcome, could be awesome.

Dogmat
06-09-2008, 07:26 PM
At least it's doing something new for a WWII COD and covering the Pacific part of the war, but the game will have a hard time matching the awesomness that was COD4.

god_that_failed
06-09-2008, 07:37 PM
I don't really care about the games setting, as long as the game feels like a true CoD sequal. Unfotunatly, CoD3 didn't have this feeling, not to mention it wasn't the best online experiance and didn't have much replay value(for me at least). I hope Treyarch does better with this one than CoD3.

Chewbacca
06-13-2008, 02:31 PM
I wish Infinity Ward kept it going. They made CoD 4 extremely awesome and realistic. I didn't have much of a care for the other three games since I wasn't into killing Nazi's over and over and over but, I guess its time for that to happen again -.-

International 4-8818
06-13-2008, 03:19 PM
It was a better change to modern warfare. I thought the action was more intense and just the way they did the game with infinity ward was way better. I just have had enough of the WWII games. Sure they are fun but i want to see some variations that being more in the future.

Beezer
06-13-2008, 04:29 PM
eh, it could be ok. I really wanna see how much they focus on the Russian aspect of the war.

KillerDragonX
06-26-2008, 10:27 PM
i think its kinda retarded, they should have waited until another war hit after this one, or at least make up a war of their own, like one in the future

Ratiasu
06-28-2008, 12:53 AM
i think its kinda retarded, they should have waited until another war hit after this one, or at least make up a war of their own, like one in the future
Future? What will they add, Aliens? That's basically Halo. i Am finally glad i get to play the Pacific Theater and Russia. i was tired of Normandy, and the rest of Europe. At least we can finally use a Flamethrower, xD.