PDA

View Full Version : The Queen of Geass!Take a look!!

salar
06-04-2008, 04:36 PM
Yay...Finally finished my new wall (took 2 weeks and half to finish it ^^)
This wall is dedicated to C.C from Code Geass and her fascinating beauty(maby im the only one fascinated by her beauty XD)
anyway,the extract is fully vectored by me using a scan I found in animepaper.net and took 2 weeks+2 days to fully vectore it(3-5 hours a day) and due to the method I used for vectoring(shape layer)it took lots of time.I had already planned the BG so didnt take lots of time to make.also for BG I used a stock from DA and played with colors and this time used a theme color that match the extract(Green and etc).also used a few buble brushes so the BG wont become boring(of course not too many).overall it took 17/5 days and It was a very tiring but enjoyable work and the hardest work I have done so far^^.
The size is bigger than my usual works since my vectored extract was 3000x2550..so I made it bigger so that widescreen users can use it as well.
1920x1200
I'm ready to hear ur opinions and also helpful advices!!

MuZ0NaZ
06-04-2008, 06:07 PM
Sweet. Not a fan of the black border though, and the text doesn't fit. I like it otherwise.

salar
06-04-2008, 06:11 PM
WOW i was praised by you.DMN im happyyyyyy..
hmmmmm...would it be better if I place the test in the upper black border???..I used a black border cause crediting and putting my signature will be easier and less distracting.
does the black border look that bad???

Ultimate Seed
06-04-2008, 06:13 PM
ye im not to into the black border but very nice wallpaper over all

salar
06-04-2008, 06:16 PM
ok..I'll remove it and c what i can do with the text...

IchigoKiss
06-04-2008, 06:19 PM
Yes please remove the black.
And on the top left corner you should put your name on it
aswell like stroke the text ya know like outline..?

MuZ0NaZ
06-04-2008, 06:24 PM
Yeah, add a stroke on the text, it'll look better than a black border, since such borders are evil <_<

salar
06-04-2008, 06:33 PM
eh..I had already eidited the wall before i read ur posts..sorry ^^
well I removed th border and the credit and signature still looks ok glady and did st with the text t..if u think thats not good too just let me know so I use strok option..

salar
06-05-2008, 12:44 AM
after thinking alil bit i have a few new ideas for the text.......but first of all i wanna know how the new text turned out..
Well how is the new text??does it fit or is it still not good??
whats ur opinios guys??

MuZ0NaZ
06-05-2008, 05:26 AM
Add a stroke (black for sig, something fancy) in the layer settings both for the sig and the text (and move the text quite a bit below), and it'll be done.

wizz-o-matic
06-05-2008, 06:15 AM
I still somehow don't dig the text ...

Hautalken
06-05-2008, 08:53 AM
You've really outdone yourself sal. Poor boy! I'm sorry, but it does need some doing up...

First of, the text is lovely in your last version. it much better than the previous ones. But there's something that bothers me. Change the colour of the text to a sort of beige and lower the opacity. Make it small, and duplicate the text layers and vary their sizes and use a few motion blurs so all the letters are visible. Don't overdo it though. And lower the position of the text. It doesn't need to be up there IMO. That way, people can see the stock bg thing you used.

The scanline'like things all over the wall also seem a bit disturbing to me. See if you can get rid of those. And you could also try stamping the entire thing on a new layer and using some gradient maps. something slightly yellowish and blue would go well with the colours in this wall. You can also stamp the image again (alt+ctrl+shift+E) and use a gaussian blur. then hard light it. It'll give a softer look. Now it looks a bit raw with out the blur. If the extract gets too bright after you apply the blur, just burn a few bits. That should do it ^^

The bubble work looks lovely. I'm guessing you used gradient in difference mode lots of times to get the bg part. Good work overall ^^