PDA

View Full Version : FFXIII yay or nay?

Phylloh
06-04-2008, 02:17 PM
So like I can't wait for either of the Final Fantasy XIII's versus and the normal one, one comes out around my B-Day I dunno when the other one does so like anyone else looking forward to em ^^ I am

daft
06-04-2008, 03:51 PM
You bet! =D I've been looking forward to them both since before I was born! >_<

Sanosuke23
06-04-2008, 04:16 PM
Meh. I haven't been following it much, FF has lost a lot of its draw power for me.

I am looking forward to that PSP game that's got Zidane in it.

Chocobo
06-04-2008, 04:35 PM
Hmm...Final Fantasy really has come a long way! I remember Final Fantasy [I], player steps up, waves it's 8-bit hand, steps back. Seriously all air damage.

Then recently [what I've played] Final Fantasy XII, the character is up there in the enemies face, striking close with a sword or mallet, or aiming at the enemy with a bow or pistle.

Last year when Enix released some info on Final Fantasy XIII, Playstation Magazine put a picture of a real person next to a Final Fantasy XIII render. I showed that page to a friend, asking "Which one is real?" He pointed to the Final Fantasy XIII render.

You know, when a game character's renders actually look a bit TOO real, I'm iffy on playing the game. I know that in order for them to make accurate hand movement/clothing movements they actually watch a person in real life do that, but making a character that looks real creeps me out.

But of course! I've played every Final Fantasy game released. I have watched Advent Children, and I want to watch The Spirits Within and The Last Order. Erm, yay to XIII. O.o;; I haven't seen a screenshot of a Chocobo yet, if they're still there, I really want to see what they look like.

Dogmat
06-04-2008, 06:56 PM
MASSIVE YAY!!!!!

This is my most anticipated video game, along with MGS4.

Amarhyllis
06-04-2008, 10:49 PM
Meh. I haven't been following it much, FF has lost a lot of its draw power for me.

I am looking forward to that PSP game that's got Zidane in it.

Same here...
X was the last great one I played bearing the number sequence, I played XI but quit once I hit level 40, it was too hard to get a party...
I played X-2, hated it. I don't dare play XII... and I'm definitely not looking forward to the next numbers that come out. Sue me.

The only ones I'm looking forward to are the FFT A2, any other PS1 FF games they plan to remake should they decide to, and FF Desidia.

Lavos
06-05-2008, 12:40 AM
Ever since Hironobu Sakaguchi left Square, it hasn't been the same. Final Fantasy has just been reduced to one big marketing tool. FFX was the last thing close to a true Final Fantasy. FFXII was Final Fantasy meets CSPAN. For those that don't live in the USA, CSPAN is a channel that covers the inner workings of our government.

ValentineWolf
06-20-2008, 10:03 PM
Personally I think that FFXIII will beat all the rest possibly even FFVII. Not that I have anything against FF7, it was great and everything. I'm just thinking that FF13 will put all the other FFs to shame really.

So I'm definitely looking forward to them. Massive Yay!

Cantelope
06-20-2008, 10:35 PM
I hear they're trying to mimic VII in XIII, with a "female Cloud" and whatnot.

The trailer for XIII versus is freaking sweet.

I'm hesitant about regular XIII though, but after X-2, can you blame me?

███
06-21-2008, 05:46 AM
What did everyone think of 12? I hear it wasn't very good. What makes you all think this one will be?

Happi Giraffe!
06-21-2008, 05:56 AM
Final Fantasy lost me at FFX2, but if XIII is interesting enough, i might resume the game.

Dark-Sasuke
06-22-2008, 02:21 AM
FFXIII looks awesome But Versus XIII looks absolutely awesome, me thinks thats gonna overshadow the original :D

Haoie
06-22-2008, 03:35 AM
I'll pass.

Anything post PS1 era, for FF games, doesn't appeal to me. Yeah I'm retro.

Amray
06-22-2008, 05:04 AM
I saw the trailer, it looks quite awesome actually.

XII was okay I thought. I liked the design and the graphics. Also the locations and stuff looked cool.

The Governator
06-22-2008, 06:15 AM
MASSIVE NAY!

Its a JRPG, so I'm not gonna infect my (hypothetical) PS3 with it. I'm waiting for GT5 to show its actual face before spending £300 on a PS3.

Brojasu
06-23-2008, 12:02 AM
YAY

I just cant wait for E3, Im sure theyll have big news about it

Nanao Ise
06-23-2008, 05:05 AM
I thought FFXII was brilliant, personally it's my all time favourite FF title. It's got a great storyline, cutscenes, though i think more cutscenes could have been made into FMV's. It's also got a brand new battle system, no more random encounters, great character voices, dialogue - I just pretty much loved everything nearly!

As for FFXIII, well, Im not too sure. It's just got pretty graphics at the moment, I need to find out more characters, and more about the storyline before getting involved. But I reckon I'll like it anyway - I remember first hearing about FFXII, and how they were getting rid of random encounters and usual summons. I was annoyed, very bitter, but then loved the changes after a while :D