PDA

View Full Version : Live action Cowboy Bebop movie

nyar majinn
05-29-2008, 04:03 PM
I was recently flicking through a movie mag when I came across a review for a live action Death note film. It got me thinking how awesome would it be if somebody made my favourite anime Cowboy bebop into a live action film. Obviously it would have to be made for the right reasons and stay true to the tone of the series, especially the bluesy soundtrack. I thought maybe someone like Christopher Nolan, the Wachowskis brothers or my personal favourite choice the Coen brothers could direct it. Then I started thinking about what actors would be in it. I racked my brains who could live up to the legend that is Spike but none of the actors I thought of seemed right, maybe Johnny Depp. As for Jet who better than “Ron Perlman” who played Hellboy, he’s the perfect candidate. Not sure who’d make a good Faye. It would have to be a new face for Ed but they’d have to capture her enthusiasm. Again with Vicious it’d be hard to think of someone. Maybe there could be a sequel, a trilogy, go deeper into Spikes past, scenes with him and Vicious in the Syndicate, which would be cool.

But what do you think, should they make a Bebop movie, who do you think should direct and star in it, and what plot stories do you think they should go with, stay true to the series, or come up with a new story all together.

Memento Mori
05-29-2008, 04:32 PM
First of all, congrats, you win at life for loving Cowboy Bebop.

Second, I don't think they should make a live-action movie. It wouldn't have the Bebop feel for me. I doubt any actor could portray the right amount of awesome for Spike, plus, Ed would be too hard of a character to play. It would be a good idea, it just probably wouldn't work.

space cowboy
05-29-2008, 05:34 PM
A live action would suck, unless steve blum actually played spike in which case it would be awesome.

Amray
05-29-2008, 05:36 PM
Spike is way too awesome to be cast by some crappy actor. All the Cowboy Bebop characters are too original and loving, I do not want the risk of them being ruined on a Movie by some people that do not even know the Anime exists. They made the Cowboy Bebop Movie, which I thought was great, but that is all they should do. I think they should just leave Cowboy Bebop as the amazing classic 1998 Anime in which we all adore.

toboe5
05-31-2008, 05:42 PM
I only wonder who they could cast for Ed because noone can be that awesome!!

daft
05-31-2008, 09:44 PM
Careful! Some lame hollywood director might be reading this and get ideas.
To answer the question on whether there should be a live-action Cowboy Bebop movie, yes or no? I'd say... no. *gets chills* Make that a big NO!

Clint Stockholm
06-01-2008, 01:27 AM
How about a spinoff fan film?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6DS5Qbkmfc
Looks like this one is using totally new characters... I think this is the homepage:
http://tpquigley.googlepages.com

nyar majinn
06-03-2008, 12:28 PM
Careful! Some lame hollywood director might be reading this and get ideas.
To answer the question on whether there should be a live-action Cowboy Bebop movie, yes or no? I'd say... no. *gets chills* Make that a big NO!

No way man, I've seen too many lame *** blockbusters this summer already, I'm talking about making a film true to the tone of the series down to the last asteroid. Look how Christopher Nolan handled the new batman films. They're amazing compared to the reems and reems of endless superhero bulls**t films like spiderman 3 and fantastic four. All I'm saying is if you had the right actors, a director who knows the series inside out and a fantastic plot that stays true to the story it would make a f**king awesome film, but maybe I'm asking too much. But I agree with that if you can't make it right don't do it.

>_o_aiglos_o_>
06-03-2008, 12:35 PM
If it's the japs that are going to make this project then hell, NO. I think they suck at making films; they're forte is anime and that's it. The Death Note live-action and the GTO were like having a 'cute is what we aim for" theme.

Cowboy Bebop
07-28-2008, 04:13 PM
Amray is right actors can ruin movies and i dont want to think anything but good thoughts of bebop

Fiery
07-28-2008, 04:42 PM
Btw, they ARE making a Cowboy Bebop Live Action film. At least that's what I saw the last time I flipped to G4.

Edit: I was at work when I made a quick post in this thread.

http://www.firstshowing.net/2008/07/22/fox-developing-cowboy-bebop-live-action-feature-film/

I'm actually interested to see what this would turn out to be.

Amray The II
07-28-2008, 05:00 PM
[
Btw, they ARE making a Cowboy Bebop Live Action film. At least that's what I saw the last time I flipped to G4.

Death Note, then Akira, what's next? Spirited Away?......Oh dear, that's a scarey thought! I hope they do not start ruining Studio Ghibli films too!

Please tell me this is a joke! They would ruin this anime, and no actors could ever replace Spike's attitude, Jet's awesomeness, Ed's.....weirdness, and Faye's humour and sexiness. No matter where you look you just cannot find actors that are worthy of their character.

Sakurablue
07-29-2008, 02:21 AM
A live action would suck, unless steve blum actually played spike in which case it would be awesome.
I agree with you there

drm0ney
07-29-2008, 02:28 AM
*coughs* http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?t=76169&highlight=live+action

Other than that i still think it's not going to be good.... Live action just isn't as good as the original.

fightbait
08-18-2008, 11:13 PM

i don't have anything to say in regards to this comment. i just enjoyed it reading it.

as for the live action cowboy bebop movie--a friend of mine heard a rumor that keanu reeves would be playing spike. i'm not sure how legit that statement is though.

nyar majinn
09-05-2008, 12:06 PM

Edit: I was at work when I made a quick post in this thread.

http://www.firstshowing.net/2008/07/22/fox-developing-cowboy-bebop-live-action-feature-film/

I'm actually interested to see what this would turn out to be.

OMG. What have I done. lol

Zenni-Kun
09-23-2008, 10:37 PM
what have you done indeed!
but i wonder whos going to be ed because like someone else said, noone can be that cool....or as a personal observation, that hyperactive

K!LLaH
09-28-2008, 02:32 AM
i think josh hartnett could play spike..they may not look or sound alike but..he naturally has some of spikes mannerisms..the way they walk..hunch over..drag off a ciggarette.. kate beckinsale could play faye faye i'm at a loss for Ed.. as for jet i agree with the original choice of ron pearlman or matthew mcwhatshisf**k but the way buffed up version of him from that dragon movie where he went all psycho

angryveggie
10-08-2008, 09:16 PM
I would spend my time writing about how much I'm opposed to it; however, I know deep down, I'd probably see it, anyway (then complain about the quality to my friends/anybody who's willing to listen). It's just...arg, Ed it the perfect character for someone to mess up! As is Jet, just because he's my favorite. Ah well, what can I honestly do besides hope for the best?

hatereaver
10-16-2008, 10:06 AM
if they make a live action movie of cowboy bebop i'd watch it then go out and buy to watch it again and then id tell two friends and theyd tell two friends and so on so forth

FLASH-X
10-17-2008, 09:25 AM
let the movie cm we wil lsee how it is there is a 50% chance tht movie will be gr8 and 50% chance tht movie gonna blow like hell we should w8 and watch

Variados
11-07-2008, 01:21 AM
They might just do the movie.. just because all of us will watch it and hate it. (well, not all.. some)

skinnyp
12-24-2008, 04:24 PM
I think it was fox that bought the rights to it, so the same people who are doing Dragonball: Evolution *shudders* are doing Cowboy Bebop. So while I'm really excited to see such a movie, I don't think it's going to work out, because just like the DB movie, this one is going to be udder crap. Also, Keanu Reeves is rumored to play Spike. That'll be interesting to see. I really liked him in the Matrix, though other movies have been not so great, so we'll have to see. Here are some links:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-07-22/live-action-cowboy-bebop-film-in-development-at-fox
http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/07/31/rumor-keanu-reeves-in-live-action-cowboy-bebop/