PDA

View Full Version : Guitar Hero 4?

Bulf
05-28-2008, 01:42 AM
So...I've been hearing rumors about Guitar Hero 4 and it seems that they're true. The last issue of GI showed the screenshots and did a bit of explaining. It seems that they're following Rock Band's example and are putting drums into it along with vocals and the usual Lead/Bass guitar.You can also customize your own character, and song. They said the release date it sometime in late fall. So yeah, i just thought it would be nice to post that and hear your responses about it. :

Drifter Uk
05-28-2008, 03:41 AM
if its as good as the others then ill get it, but it seems that theyre just copying rock band.
probably be good though

Dogmat
05-28-2008, 04:22 AM
Looking forward to the game. But I'm not looking forward to another fake drumset taking up space in my room. I wish the Rock Band drumset was compatable, but since the GH drumset has symbols it wont be.

The Nightingale
05-28-2008, 08:31 AM
I cannot wait to play this one, But first I needa Next-gen system haha.

sounds uber fun

Manhattan_Project_2000
05-28-2008, 08:50 AM
I already posted about it in this (http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?t=73826) thread. Activision needs to go ruin someone else's games.

I cannot wait to play this one, But first I needa Next-gen system haha.

sounds uber fun
It's coming out for PS2 also, but for the money you are better off getting the PS2 version of Rock Band, unless you like playing a lot of garbage nu-metal.

Alias-Revolution
05-28-2008, 09:42 AM
if its as good as the others then ill get it, but it seems that theyre just copying rock band.
probably be good though

That's not really a bad thing seeing how Rock Band was made by Red Octane anyway. They gave somone else the rights to guitar hero so they could produce Rockband and come back with Guitar Hero 4 later. AFTER coming back with Guitar Hero: Aerosmith.

It all makes so much sense.

Nanao Ise
05-28-2008, 10:21 AM
It'd be so awesome if they could bring some more Dragonforce into this next version as well as Manowar, Lordi...:D

Manhattan_Project_2000
05-28-2008, 08:08 PM
That's not really a bad thing seeing how Rock Band was made by Red Octane anyway. They gave somone else the rights to guitar hero so they could produce Rockband and come back with Guitar Hero 4 later. AFTER coming back with Guitar Hero: Aerosmith.

It all makes so much sense.

You are so completely wrong, it isn't funny.

Timeline.

Harmonix develops Guitar Hero, has Red Octane produce it and make the Guitar Controllers (Red Octane was a peripheral maker of some note, due to some Dance Dance Revolution pads they made). Red Octane, being the publisher, got the rights in exchange for money to produce the game.
Guitar Hero does well. It's sequel does better.
After Guitar Hero 2, Harmonix sells itself to MTV Games. Harmonix quickly makes Guitar Hero Rocks the 80's to meet it's contractual obligation to Red Octane. Red Octane has the Guitar Hero rights, but no developers.
Activision buys Red Octane up, and puts it's pet developer Neversoft (Best known for the THPS games) on making Guitar Hero 3.
Neversoft pumps out Guitar Hero 3. It's notable mostly for the suckyness of it's soundtrack, and how it changes almost nothing compared to the old ones (Guitar Duels aren't as cool as you'd think they should be).
Harmonix makes Rock Band, which combines the awesomeness of Guitar Hero with the Lameness of Karaoke Revolution (also made by Harmonix, published via Konami) and the sweetness of the drums. At one time. This game is so much fun it makes Baby Jesus cry tears of joy.
Neversoft copies Harmonix due to the fact they are hacks that should be writing Skateboard games, because Tony Hawk Pro Downhill Underground 7.8 clearly wasn't
X-TREME!!!!!!!11!!!!!1 enough.

It'd be so awesome if they could bring some more Dragonforce into this next version as well as Manowar, Lordi... Or they could try to include music instead of the sound of guitar-fapping.

Bulf
06-06-2008, 05:33 AM
The only thing that i'm looking forward to on GH4 is the Dualshock controller again. But hopefully they decide not to hold back on the notes like Rock Band did. >o

kale
06-06-2008, 01:05 PM
i heard it from my bro and he would never make anything up about a game! and rock band's comin out for the wii in about 3 wks!