PDA

View Full Version : Girls Playing Video Games: So What?!

MoroDashi
05-20-2008, 06:53 AM
What do you think of a girl who plays video games? Now I don't mean sweet, girly type games like Nintendogs. I mean World Of Warcraft, Final Fantasy, Assain's Creed! That type. I for one have nothing wrong with that. I mean, I play those. And I am not a tom boy. And proud to be half girly! I brought this up because my friend was bringing up Assains Creed for the DS. He said he couldn't get past this part which I found out how to. So I explained you know: Hold the B button ect. ect. He said Haha, as if i'm gonna trust a girl with my video games. So what do you think?

rf switch
05-20-2008, 07:12 AM
I don't really think anything of it. I know quite a few girls who play video games...It's just well...normal.

araym219
05-20-2008, 07:18 AM
It's just well...normal.
can't agree more with you, hey if guys can design women clothes and do ballet, i really don't see any reason why girls shouldn't be able to play computer or console games
i know some girls that constantly beat me at some games , and it sucks, but i don't find it odd thatthey play, i just find it odd how they can beat me:laugh:

davi-kun
05-20-2008, 07:18 AM
why shouldnt girls play video games as well? i thnk its pretty normal lol
also i know a girl in my school who plays the same game like i do and she's better than me lmao xD but i actually dont have any probs with it :closedeye

~davi-kun

Souji Seta
05-20-2008, 07:24 AM
Yeah, it's normal. I have an acquaintance who plays video games better than I do and she's a girl. I don't find anything wrong with that. It's completely normal. It's just like sports, it's not just for men.

Ultimate Seed
05-20-2008, 07:27 AM
I think girls that play video games r amazing (unless their better than me) if they r better than me i will make them my girlfriend haha

benjamin89
05-20-2008, 07:29 AM
My previous girlfriend played world of warcraft etc. I wish more girls were gamers!
Mmo's and sutch are more fun if both boys and girls play.

Dryaxx
05-20-2008, 07:32 AM
Well. I think it is normal that girls also like video games. It's not a boy thing to play video games tho xD. Well okay. Maybe the games where you go slaughter humans and stuff. But my bigsister can defeat me in Tekken5 xD

Bulf
05-20-2008, 09:17 AM
Its not that there's something wrong with girls playing video games, its just that girls very rarely play video games these days. Although i prefer playing girls in games, it's a bit more fun...somehow.

Dryaxx
05-20-2008, 09:40 AM
Its not that there's something wrong with girls playing video games, its just that girls very rarely play video games these days.

Or admit that they play...

Crippe
05-20-2008, 10:15 AM
I think that girls that play video games are awesome ^^
It would be so much fun to find a girlfriend that likes video games, then we could sit at home and play mmos and super smash etc etc ^^

Jessica Mars
05-20-2008, 11:17 AM
I'm a girl who plays video games, and I see no problem with it. Though admittedly I don't like most fighter games(except for Smash Brothers and some anime-related ones, lol).

Video games are not a guy-thing, XD. Us girls like them just as much. Though I heard somewhere that girls prefer better graphics, and I guess that's true in my case. I've seen some racing games that look like crap if you slow down the cars or whatever.

Drifter Uk
05-20-2008, 01:31 PM
i know quite a few girls who play games. not just girly games either, most of them i met on rainbow six vegas and call of duty.
its rare to meet girls who play fairly violent games, but they are out there

Mow_Uchiha2008
05-20-2008, 02:00 PM
Absolutelly normal. I don't see any problems if a girl play videogame. Girls known play videogames such well as boys. Therefore, in absolute mode, girls play videogames. it's her rights.

harakiri
05-20-2008, 02:06 PM
I don't think anyting of it. I play video games a lot. So It's normal to me.

Manhattan_Project_2000
05-20-2008, 03:46 PM
What do you think of a girl who plays video games? Now I don't mean sweet, girly type games like Nintendogs. I mean World Of Warcraft, Final Fantasy, Assain's Creed! That type. I for one have nothing wrong with that. I mean, I play those. And I am not a tom boy. And proud to be half girly! I brought this up because my friend was bringing up Assains Creed for the DS. He said he couldn't get past this part which I found out how to. So I explained you know: Hold the B button ect. ect. He said Haha, as if i'm gonna trust a girl with my video games. So what do you think?

Are these supposed to be extreme examples? Because I'm only impressed when they can start talking about something somewhat more nerdy, like a favorite Mechwarrior load-out in Mechwarrior 2 for example. I think females have made significant inroads in mainstream gaming, so when I here them talk about something like WoW I am unimpressed.

Niro
05-20-2008, 03:58 PM

if he wasnt jokin then beat him :laugh:

honestly i dont care if girls play videogames, i think more highly of girls who play videogames cos its a common interest and they understand the appeal of it

NinnaMoon
05-20-2008, 04:57 PM
I think it rocks because me being a female who rocks the socks in video games can tell you personally that it's perfectly normal. If you dought this, please make some plans to challenge me... I make grown men cry! O.o

Just kidding! No, but seriously, I do!

~*Red*~
05-20-2008, 05:17 PM
Well, I have to say I've been beaten by girl while playing my favourite PS2 games.

dinaizu
05-20-2008, 05:38 PM
i am one of the many girls who play video games and love every minute of it!!

Aysami_Kishima
05-20-2008, 07:29 PM
I'm a chick that loves video games. I cant stop playing. I play FF games, Fighting games, adventure games, and scary games. My most favorite games are the final fantasy ones because of the storylines.

Amray
05-21-2008, 03:36 PM
T'is nothing out of the ordinary at all.

I have known a lot of girls that like games, even if they play them atleast once a week. My Sister even plays games. Nothing strange about it at all.

But if I meet a really cute girlfriend that enjoys games one day then that would just be a bonus! XD

ryku isaigana
05-21-2008, 03:49 PM
Your friend's mean. Aside, nothing's wrong with girl's playing those kinds of games. My sister plays Resident Evil, Final Fantasy, Zelda, and Kingdom Hearts.

[BlackDeath]
05-23-2008, 06:11 AM
I play with plenty of girls, got a few in my Call of Duty 4 clan and they are quite skilled. Half of the members in guilds I am in in MMORPGs are female if not more than half although most of those girls are MsAeries and co.

Wio
05-23-2008, 06:27 AM
Girls tend to play RPG, especially the MMO kind.

Finding girls playing actually hard-core competitive games such as RTS games is extremely rare. Usually they tend to suck in such games too.

Famahama
05-23-2008, 06:35 AM
My previous girlfriend played world of warcraft etc. I wish more girls were gamers!

Agreed though, D:

Or admit that they play...
Very agreed. I've never met a girl who enjoys video games, aside from my sister. She just loves Ape Escape and Timesplitters.

I've read in a magazine before, some girls just likes to play the easy-going games like Sims and Super Mario. and also online RPGs.

Also, I'd love to get a girl who's into games and stuff :3 the hardcore-er, the better.

WIXIE
05-23-2008, 07:31 AM
Hmmm....
Girls play games is ok what?
I play it too
But all my friends( girls) shocked to see I play V-games
They think I'm a wierdo
There's nothing wrong what?

Inamorata
05-23-2008, 07:41 AM
Nothing more fun then playing a first person shooter and pwning
guys who think they can only pop a cap in dome. ^.~

o.o Also Rpg's own! WoW & Cabal FTW!

Daenerys
05-23-2008, 07:44 AM
In the real world, this has never been an issue, either negative or positive. The people who do complain about girls playing games, I've found are either guys who are actually sexist, or guys who consistently get schooled by a girl in a video game.

Inamorata
05-23-2008, 07:46 AM
lol. True, Ai. Another reason why they complain is usually sexual frustraion.
Not many of these poor souls have a life. >_> I guess thats why I'm there to put them out of there misery.

~ Darling Dream ~
05-23-2008, 01:59 PM
Girls playing video games isn't weird at ALL. I actually know more girls who love video games then guys, and they aren't afraid to show it, either.

I don't HAVE any video games because I'm poor, but when I play them at my friend's house and things it's REALY fun, and I love them to bits!

Girls liking video games isn't weird at all! It's not a boys only thing.

Cantelope
05-23-2008, 03:13 PM
There's nothing wrong with women playing video games. MAYBE it's looked down upon and considered not very lady-like (depending on the types of games being played), but from a male point-of-view, Women who share the same passions as they do are very attractive.

Nanao Ise
05-25-2008, 03:52 PM
Got into videogames when I was 6/7 - got a verrrrrrry old console which had a verrrrrry old Jurassic Park game on it. There's a picture of me somewhere playing it, Joy Stick and all!
Only been a serious gamer since I got my Playstation back in Primary School -my mother gave me the choice of N64 or Playstation, and I chose Playstation, and never looked back.
So yeah...this girls gaming interest started many many years ago :P

ValentineWolf
05-27-2008, 02:21 AM
I have no problems with it, Being a girl myself, I love video games. I mean sure I play a bunch of rpgs but I'm still getting into FPS and TPS. I find them awesome, honestly I couldn't live without video games

Nanao Ise
05-27-2008, 05:35 AM
Same here - they're a big part of my life, and I have met wonderful friends through my love of videogames!

Infinita
05-27-2008, 12:34 PM
I have noticed that a bit too where I live but it's not really a huge issue. Halo is something huge in my school and everyone is just wanting to either have a fun but competetive battle. I see no wrong that a girl likes to play video games. I personally love to play video games once in a while. It helps relieve stress and its a good way to relax.....sometimes when your not too much into the game. LOL ^^

FreezeIcey
05-27-2008, 12:42 PM
Who cares if girls love to play video games. It's their interest. It's normal, obviously, no big deal. Even I'm a girl, I love to play video/console games. All of us can play video games. Maybe girls are better than boys when they're playing the games, who knows! =D

BK_201
05-27-2008, 01:03 PM
Im a girl and I love video games, especially fps.

I only know a few girls who like to play the same games as I do, most of them play games like The Sims or some Rpgs.

When Im talking to a guy, telling him that I love video games, its always funny to watch their surprised reaction :D

Gannon
05-27-2008, 10:07 PM
A lot of girls are better than boys at videogames. The girls I know are great at super smash brothers.

The Nightingale
05-28-2008, 08:35 AM
Lol Yes, I'ma gamer-girl, and I play WoW and FF and all that stuff. I couldn't care less what boys thought about that =p, and If a boy comes over just luff to kick his *** at some game ^^

also I live for RPG'S and MMORPG'S XD

IchigoKiss
05-28-2008, 07:01 PM
I'm one of those girls that play those type of games >.<
Street Fighter was my fav >o<
Yeah there isnt anything wrong at all.
Although my classmates think it's weird..

IceBubleFlava
05-28-2008, 08:14 PM
yes dis is not a a very big issue though, But i got 2 say I ROCK at all video games. But it takes me a long time 2 finish RPG's well mostly cuz' i wanna get everything 100% complete n d game so......yea u get it.
But most of da boys i know their pretty much better than me, but it's like even, even their still competition. Nobody I know really thinks it's weird. It's pretty much normal. Plus Video Games are a Fun gathering Oh yes who agree. :D Thumbs up 2 dat homie.

Tsuki.
05-28-2008, 08:35 PM
I play video games all the time. In fact i like ones that aren't "girly". They're more fun. I'll walk into a video game store and get ones with lots of blood in them. i don't know why but they're more fun to me. I never buy girly ones. they're just really boring to me. I'm not saying that girls who play it are more girly and don't have guts (well not in the video games), i just mean that the games are too girly 4 me and im a total girly girl (sometimes). ur friend can have his views, but he'll just notice that u were right on the video game when he passes it. he probably even tried what u did and realized that u were right. he just might not admit it.

Memento Mori
05-28-2008, 08:35 PM
There is nothing with girls who play games. But, they aren't anything special either.

If you get schooled by a girl, I don't care, she isn't cool for beating you, you aren't a loser for having her beat you. A guy isn't special for beating a girl, and a girl isn't a loser for losing. Unless the guy beats her in a pregnancy test. Then there is probably something... wrong.

*O.o_Kenya_o.O*
05-28-2008, 08:55 PM
I play video games.. is that bad or something? O.o''

... maybe I'll stop playing then

Aerlian
05-29-2008, 02:28 AM
There are definitely sexy girl gamers out there (for instance Hatake Buruku >.>) Shes totally girly except for when she has a controller in her hands.

Amray
05-29-2008, 06:53 AM
Game Girls are awesome.

Not real life ones I mean fictional ones like Yuna and Polka. XP
Joke, I would love a girlfriend that could totally pwn me on Dead or Alive. That would be fun. XD

Anime.Caela
05-29-2008, 07:57 AM
What is wrong with girls playing games?
I do it most of my time ( WHEN I HAVE TIME)
People who think that girls cannot play video games especially the ones with blood in them is just plain gender racist.
Besides the bloodier the better!

The Governator
05-29-2008, 08:57 AM
heheheheh, the idea of a serious girl gamer makes me giggle, hehehehe.

Actually, I know girls are good at games, my sister is really awsome at quite a few games, including Quake III and Unreal Tournament. Games are not just for us blokes, but for EVERYONE!

GFx
05-29-2008, 08:59 AM
What?! Girls play?

I... Seriously... Did... Not... Know that.

I figured leaving that message like that would make me look pretty bad so I'll add some comments.

So there's this one time... when I played a RPG game online. I became close friend with this one dude on the game, he lived near me.
We decided to see each other, it turns out it was a girl. Talk about being surprised.

Amray
05-29-2008, 09:20 AM
WHAT!? GIRLS PLAY GAMES TOO!?!? THATS ABSOLUTELY FIGGIN' INSANE!!! HOW CAN THEY!?!?!

Haha. My Mums boyfriend even got my Mum playing Ghost Recon once. What a laugh. XD

Nanao Ise
05-31-2008, 07:11 AM
Speaking of mothers, mine once played Big Brain Academy for the Wii (when I borrowed the game off someone), and Wii Sports. Whenever I wanted to go to bed, I asked her to come off, and she'd shout at me and say no xD

Kaitou+
05-31-2008, 10:21 AM
Theres nothing wrong about girls playing video games. -_-

Me and my cousin always plays Naruto games together. -_-

Karin Rengu
05-31-2008, 06:13 PM
There's nothing wrong with it. People who think it's weird are stupid. Completely stupid. I play all the time.

Kaitou+
05-31-2008, 07:13 PM
There's nothing wrong with it. People who think it's weird are stupid. Completely stupid. I play all the time.

I agree with that completely. :bigannoun

Karin Rengu
05-31-2008, 10:28 PM
Thank you ^_^ It's nice hearing that from a guy since most of my guy friends think I'm weird

rEikAbLeU
05-31-2008, 10:55 PM
wow, girls playing video games are really cool...

i play video games and other online games...

and it rocks...
at the shop where i play, only a few female plays...

Inamorata
05-31-2008, 11:30 PM
True there are more guys who play video games then girls.. but so what? We're people too damnit, we have eyes, ears, and mouth.. we can do about the same or better at games!!! -.-!! Girls FTW!!!

Sagat
05-31-2008, 11:35 PM
Girlz that play video games are so hot!! Espeshially azn ones!!

My dream is 2 meet Tossgirl! LOL SHE CAN CHARGE MY PYLON NE DAY

Nerds.

GFx
06-02-2008, 01:14 PM
I do want to meet Tossgirl!!!!

Karin Rengu
06-02-2008, 01:43 PM
Who's tossgirl?

Jessica Mars
06-02-2008, 02:01 PM
Apparently she's the top female player in Starcraft. Though I had no idea; someone had to tell me. XD

XD while I do not play games like that(also had to ask what Starcraft was, lol), I do like to play video games.

daft
06-02-2008, 02:51 PM
Of course girls play video games, they're smart. >.> Guys are good at video games too 'cause we're good with our fingers. ^ ^

Vishkugeta
06-02-2008, 04:20 PM
It's completely normal and there's nothing wrong with it.

nekoniki
06-02-2008, 07:37 PM
I think it's pretty normal. I'm a girl and i really enjoy playing FF and those Tenchu-type of games.

███
06-02-2008, 09:24 PM
I think that perhaps they are more open minded then all the other fools.

Phylloh
06-02-2008, 09:56 PM
i wish i knew some girls who played video games . . . cuz like no one out around where i live does cuz they are the girly girls and it be teh suxors

Ein Einsamer Soldat
06-02-2008, 10:01 PM
In person I don't know any girls who play 'em(Know a few who do on the PSN)
The last girl I saw playing video games was playing Guitar Hero 2, being taught by me xp

Barret Wallase
06-04-2008, 08:56 AM
Theres nothing wrong with a girl that plays video games.

except for my sister. shes a monster with fighting games. she always wins and it really pisses me off. lol.

Ayame_Sohma
06-05-2008, 02:21 AM
I'm a female who plays video games, and I really dont see anything problem with it.and i love playing them as well and at the moment i am addictive to playing grand theft auto online..go teamdeathmatch!

Haoie
06-06-2008, 04:26 AM
I guess you can thank games like the Sims for introducing a lot of them to gaming.

Some girls really seem to love MMOs too, for whatever reason.