PDA

View Full Version : CRPG Recommendations NOW! please

sataned
05-19-2008, 01:31 PM
ok.. ive been playing nothing but mmorpgs and im getting tired of them.
I havent played a good 1 player crpg in a long long long time sooooooOOo,
i was wondering if anyone could please recommend me some of the greatest computer role playing games youve ever played...

anything with a
*good story
*good/different gameplay
old school style of crpg recommendations would be ok too
(EX: Diablo1&2, Dungeon Siege1&2)

Storm Strife
05-19-2008, 05:47 PM
Deus Ex, for a start. Action RPG, but it still counts. Avoid Invisible War though, it's not as good.

If you don't mind having to install not only an official patch, but also unofficial patches, there's Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines. Good, but due to pressure from Activision, Troika screwed up on it, to the point where they went out of business. Several bugs and glitches, but the official patch sort out a few, and the unofficial ones attempt to sort out what they can, considering there's no source code they can work with.

Manhattan_Project_2000
05-19-2008, 08:06 PM
TES III: Morrowind
TES IV: Oblivion
Fallout
Darklands
Neverwinter Nights (Well, the expansions. The first storyline kind of sucks).

There are others, but I'm not going to think on it.

sataned
05-20-2008, 03:48 PM
Deus Ex, for a start. Action RPG, but it still counts. Avoid Invisible War though, it's not as good.

If you don't mind having to install not only an official patch, but also unofficial patches, there's Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines. Good, but due to pressure from Activision, Troika screwed up on it, to the point where they went out of business. Several bugs and glitches, but the official patch sort out a few, and the unofficial ones attempt to sort out what they can, considering there's no source code they can work with.

ive played deus ex... its an ok game...
and as for vampire the masquerade i played it too... its pretty fun. I didnt try playing with any patches installed though. I'll probably play it later with some patches...

TES III: Morrowind
TES IV: Oblivion
Fallout
Darklands
Neverwinter Nights (Well, the expansions. The first storyline kind of sucks).

There are others, but I'm not going to think on it.

my computer cant handel oblivion :(
i just downloaded morrowind
and i'll check out the other 3 you recommended later ;D

guyser
05-20-2008, 04:27 PM
my computer cant handel oblivion :(

Bah, I was gonna recommend Neverwinter Nights 2 and its expansion, but you might not be able to run them either.

You should definitely check out Titan Quest. There's a demo that's readily available and the game's a lot of fun, and it's really, really long for a Diablo-clone (about 30 hours per playthrough per difficulty).

rf switch
05-20-2008, 05:20 PM
Baldur's Gate I & II
Planescape Torment
Icewind Dale
Fallout 1 & 2
Daggerfall
System Shock 2 (for something along the lines of Deus Ex)

guyser
05-21-2008, 02:25 PM
Baldur's Gate I & II
Planescape Torment

Doh! How could I forget about Planescape Torment. This is the game to play - one of the best CRPGs ever made. I think it's pretty expensive/hard to find these days, though.