PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal remake...

~Mai~
05-17-2008, 01:39 AM
Most of you probaly ar'nt into this type of thing but, remember Pokemon Gold Silver and Crystal version for the Gameboy Color? Heaps of people say that it was the best generation of Pokemon right? Well rumour has it that they are going to make a remake for Nintendo DS.

Should they do it?
Well I in my opinion think that they should because, well , it'd be a hit i guess. But then again if the people at Game Freak end up making a game that is not-so-good, you would of wished that they'd left good memory alone right?
What do you think?

Oh by the way some photos (or are they :wacko: they could have easily made using photoshop or somthing like that )

http://www.destructoid.com/elephant/photo.phtml?post_key=31994&photo_key=7602

I saw another one somewhere if you find it, please post it

- ~Mai~

Yamano
05-17-2008, 02:29 AM
Oooooh shiny cases! Me likey! Well honestly I think it would be a good investment to remake those. Mostly because I think that the little ones who think that they know their Pokemon just because they picked up Diamond version should go back to the roots of it all. As for the fact that it's DS I think it would be interesting to see touch screen and wireless interface in the game. I won't go as far as to say I would buy the remake just yet, but I would support them if they made it.

blackrosetwilight
05-18-2008, 07:41 PM
awwww yeah bring'em back

Cotaku
05-18-2008, 08:22 PM
Just for DS? Awww...I wish I had a DS so I could play them!!

Sanosuke23
05-19-2008, 09:56 AM
Dude, like half the board is Pokemon threads. Not interested?

They need, NEED to make this. Johto/Kanto is the winningest map ever.

Kawairashii hikari
05-22-2008, 12:41 PM
Duh they were the best in the Pokemon games. I remember playing them on my cousins gameboy color....if they do come out with them for the DS i will buy them most definently. ^^' It would be so cool... but yeah, it'd better own up to the original.

shinnraiu
05-26-2008, 04:36 PM
I'm waiting for some GSC remakes forever. If they do come out (hopefully) I'll probably buy the first sold copy, because I love them so much. They definitely should make them.

Khanxay
05-26-2008, 04:41 PM
Well, I do love Silver version.

I'd like it if they did it like they did Firered and Leafgreen. (I'm still waiting for news of a Electricyellow! They have to! T.T)

Gizoku
05-26-2008, 04:46 PM
:o I do hope its true. Silver was pretty much my most favorite pokemon game. It would do good to see it remade.

Sakigami
05-28-2008, 03:07 PM
pokemon gold and silver were my favourite pokemon games ever, i loved finding out what had happened since the events of blue/red... i hope they do this like they did with fire red/leaf green!! ^__^

Amray
05-28-2008, 05:58 PM
Silver was my all time favourite. Although I only posessed Red and Silver and stopped after that. They hurt my eyes. XD

kale
06-06-2008, 01:07 PM
they should definitly do it! i miss the original pokemon!

Haoie
06-06-2008, 07:37 PM
It's not going to happen for a while.

At least until Platinum is released, and then some.

Sanosuke23
06-06-2008, 07:42 PM
It's not going to happen for a while.

At least until Platinum is released, and then some.

Wasn't Fire Red/Leaf Green released before Emerald? If not they were released ridiculously close to each other.

Linen
06-10-2008, 06:04 PM
Yeah, Gold and Silver were pretty fun, because the story was extremely long, it had Kanto and Johto, it should be brought back, i just hope they don't screw it over.

PokeChamp
06-13-2008, 09:44 AM
I think it would be awesome if they brought out gold/silver for DS. They were the best pokemon games EVER.

Also, they should bring out pokemon electric yellow as a remake of pokemon yellow and you have to start with pikachu

Ratiasu
06-14-2008, 07:43 PM
i believe they already copyrighted some names for the remake of Gold and Silver
DawnSilver and DuskGold? But they never officially announced they were going to make the games

Ultimate Seed
06-14-2008, 08:09 PM
The new Pokemon pearl and its partner i didn't find to entertaining. The origenal pokemon is still the best

ShadowThingy
06-15-2008, 09:15 AM
FireRed and LeafGreen were successful, why wouldnt this be? :p

Crippe
06-15-2008, 09:46 AM
I really hope they make GSC ^^
I had gold and my friend had silver and we played those games all the time, I think my total playtime was over 400 hours xD
best pokemon games ever ^^

aishiteru333
06-15-2008, 10:03 AM
The possibility of there being a remake is very low to me... I think, as far Pokemon goes, they would only keep making new Pokemon. At least that's how they draw up their marketing.
If they did remake it, I would totally buy it. Oh...
So many memories...

Ratiasu
06-15-2008, 12:41 PM
Yup, i think GSC was the best, because you could go to more than one region [Kanto/Johto] and only two of the pokemon were events, xD (Mew/Celebi)

SSDynamite
07-01-2008, 02:55 AM
Yeah! They definatly need to bring those games back!
I still play on the Gameboy colour games, just because they're so awesome.
I'd buy a whole new ds and the game if they brought it out! :]

Cantelope
07-01-2008, 03:21 AM
I think myself and others only found Gold/Silver so good because it introduced a plethora of new features all the previous versions didn't have, such as the radio and whatnot, but the new features were no where near as complicated as those stupid pokeblocks.

hirokiaibalovex3
07-02-2008, 01:34 AM
Alright, I loved these three games when they first came out. I remember how much I had to buy them XD

wolfgirl90
07-06-2008, 03:55 AM
Okay, I am sorry to say that that Japanese Gold and Silver image is fake. In fact, the picture is actually quite old and I have seen it before. The rumor that Nintendo was going to make a remake of the Gold and Silver games most likely started with an April Fool's joke that Pkmn.net did. They put together some screenshots of the upcoming Pokemon games, said they were from a Gold and Silver remake and said that the images came from CoroCoro comics, where the bulk of Pokemon news comes from. Most people believed this and spread the news.

There are a few reasons why that Japanese image is fake:

1. There is no evidence of Nintendo copyrighting the names of the supposed Gold and Silver remakes, "DuskGold" and "DawnSilver" (there were even rumors of Pokemon versions called WhiteGold, SolidGold, MoonStone, Topaz, Amethyst, etc). Even if they did copyright them, those names do not appear on the boxes in the image. Only the characters "Gold(Kin)"; and "Silver(Gin)" appear on the boxes.

2. Nintendo almost always announces the news of a new Pokemon game through CoroCoro magazine. They have been strong partners since the first Pokemon games (Pokemon Blue was initially only given to CoroCoro subscribers) and this image does not appear to be from that magazine. Shortly after the initial announcement, Nintendo makes a news release to other countries (when a new Nintendo game is made, Nintendo is never slow to let others know). Since this image is quite old, we would have heard about the game by now.

3. Nintendo also has a way of making the box art for their core Pokemon games. Ken Sugimori has been working with the Pokemon games since the beginning and he does the designs for most of the Pokemon (he practically did the first 251 by himself!!), the characters, the trading cards and the box art for the games. His style is easy to recognise (look at a pokemon in a generic pose and you will see it) and the boxes in the image do not match it.

Nintendo could be making plans to make remakes of Gold and Silver, which would be natural as those two games sold really well and they have made remakes of Red and Green (although they were more than simple remakes of the games), however this image is not prove of that and the remakes are only a rumor for now. There is another fake image of the Gold and Silver remakes but it is much less convincing than the Japanese one.
http://www.vgboxart.com/view/14561/pokemon.pure.silver.and.pokemon.solid.gold/?replies=19

Nintendo at least came clean about Pokemon Platinum, an upgrade of Pokemon Diamond and Pearl, after trying to have CoroCoro readers guess what new Pokemon game was next (which a lot of people assumed was a remake of Gold and Silver), and it will be released in Japan in the Fall.

your.cipher
07-09-2008, 02:23 PM
They really WERE the best pokemon games EVER.... just as i thought i was getting close to finishing the game it dumped me back in the kanto region... i LOVED it...

Randy_Orton
08-05-2008, 02:18 PM
I agree. It would be neat if GSC was remade, as traveling from one region to the other. I made a comment to my older sister and my oldest niece that they need to create a pokemon game that starts off in Kanto, with the only pokemon there are the kanto region pokemon, then johto is unlocked, along with those pokeman, etc etc. I think it would be neat for that.

Diocletian
08-05-2008, 04:25 PM
Sorry to burst your bubble but those were in CoroCoro magazine on APRIL FOOLS' DAY!I wish they were real so I could play as Jimmy.Jimmy owned Ash from the girl following him around to the hat.One more thing.I'm tired of Hoothoot being everywhere and not ebing able to pick Totodile as a starter.

sataned
08-05-2008, 04:33 PM
=_- i dont see why there would be a remake... i still get on my gameboy color and play some good ol Pokemon gold and yellow sometimes... i wouldnt want to play this my DS... what would be next ? pokemon red and blue remake? lolol

Diocletian
08-05-2008, 04:42 PM
=_- i dont see why there would be a remake... i still get on my gameboy color and play some good ol Pokemon gold and yellow sometimes... i wouldnt want to play this my DS... what would be next ? pokemon red and blue remake? lolol
*HRM*There is one.Pokemon Leaf Green and Fire Red.

.Ileaz.
08-05-2008, 04:48 PM
I really do hope they remake it. It would be awsome to play on my DS! XDThose remakse look cool ^^

.Ileaz.
08-05-2008, 04:48 PM
I really do hope they remake it. It would be awsome to play on my DS! XDThose remakse look cool ^^

wowzabunny
09-29-2008, 06:33 AM
well i hAVE never played pokemon silver/ gold so i wouldnt know if it is good or not, BUT if they do make a remake ill definetley buy it and play it.
i think they should make a remake

The Nightingale
09-29-2008, 07:16 AM
I was just playing gold teh other day XD I must say playing that after diamond...was very strange.

I'd love to see a remake it'd be cool =]

lightrula
09-30-2008, 05:19 AM
Sounds freaking awesome... WOO!!! go gold! thats right i played gold NOT silver^^... anyway yea the remeaking of Gold/Silver will be great for they were the second best next to Red version not blue to blue can go to hell!^^ jks jks^^ anyway i am looking forward to pre-ordering this then sitting in the corner rocking back and forth waiting for it to come out.^^

Roxas_mack
09-30-2008, 11:01 AM
well it probally gona hapen cus in platinum vershion u catch moltres, zapdos and articuno and oak says sumthin abowt joto. the 3 birds are under lugia (the second pokemon movie!) also there are many other hints such as jasmins presence in the games and the red garydos in the begining of the game

i do hope it comes out cus gold was my favourite game!
i probaly played it more than any other game in my life

Alphabet
10-03-2008, 12:48 PM
I really hate remakes. I just wish they resold games instead of remaking it. OR they could put the game in a different platform without changing anything besides the controls. Usually when they remake it, they change some of the best features in the game(Tales of Phantasia and Breath of Fire 2 are good examples)Don't ruin Crystal DX

Zenni-Kun
10-04-2008, 10:17 PM
mmm i think a fresh outlook on an old classic like gold and silver is exactly what the series could use to get veterans of the franchise who have been with it from the launch of the initial games 13 years ago something to look forward too