PDA

View Full Version : Crunch: A Death Note Wall Experiment

Fabala
05-16-2008, 09:46 PM
Well, so far this has turned out very differently from what I expected going in. Actually, it's better than my original idea, but it still needs work. I need help figuring out how to bring the composition together =/ It's too disjointed as it is.

I'd like to keep Ryuk (the flying dude XD) in the picture, but I need to integrate him and the book/apple/pen aspects somehow. Any suggestions?

~Rose~
05-16-2008, 11:42 PM
What was your original idea?

poison.ivy
05-17-2008, 08:15 AM
Wow o.o very nice. Honestly, Ryuk kinda doesn't fit in imho ^^; I don't know, maybe he would blend in better if you'd add some simple, transparent bg instead of just plain black? But then again, plain bg looks better with the notebook and all... Argh, I'm making no sense. Sorry.

Fabala
05-18-2008, 05:54 AM
He does storyline-wise, however. The apple loses some of its sense without him (he loves his apples ^_~). So I need a way to tie him in =/ I'm considering making a city skyline in the distance in the same vector/cut-out design, something horizontal that will draw the eye across, through Ryuk, and into the right side of the book. I think that will improve the composition...

All suggestions much appreciated!

KuroTan
05-18-2008, 11:38 AM
A horizon, like the city skyline you mentioned, could work. Something that'll give the wall a sense of distance and perspective.