PDA

View Full Version : Is Tomoyo a lesbian or just obsessed????

margauxjp
05-15-2008, 11:47 PM
As a CCS fan, I always notice it.

Tomoyo is treating Sakura like a goddess...(more than maybe.) She is always there for Sakura for almost everyday! She is always holding her video camera just so she can film in everyting she does. o.O? I keep questioning this myself so I was wondering if maybe you guys can give out your own opinions of this.

My questions...is Tomoyo a lesbian? Tomoyo treats Sakura more than a bestfriend...so I wondering if she really is...or is this just some sort of obsessive-compulsive syndrome????

Hope you guys can make your say :-)

Hautalken
05-16-2008, 11:05 AM
I guess it's more of a girl thing. Most best friends behave like they love each other, giving kisses and gifts and other things, and holding hands and all that. They don't necessarily need to be lesbos unless they start touching or something. Tomoyo doesn't do that does she?

Capernicus
05-16-2008, 11:08 AM
I freakin' hope she's a lesbian, that would be so hot. =D

But in all seriousness, if you want to find out just look up CCS on like animepedia or wikipedia or some other site with info on the series. If she is indeed a lesbian then it would mention that somewhere in the review.

_CTA_
05-16-2008, 12:20 PM
In my opinion, she's just obsessed and high. -__-''

If she IS a lesbian, we'll know that from CLAMP. It's been years, so I think she's just obsessed.

小美ドクロchan
05-16-2008, 02:11 PM
According to CLAMP, Tomoyo DOES *love* Sakura. But she wants Sakura to be happy with Syaoran. But yeah, it's that kind of love. Her mom was the exact same way with Nadeshiko...if you read the manga, it's quite clear. XD

danilo
06-13-2008, 11:48 AM
Nooooooo!!!
she cannot be!!
My beloved Tomoyo just like Sakura as her best friend.
And love see her happy! =D

shidahhairani
06-14-2008, 11:06 PM
can't you see.???
you can'simply say that tomoyo is lesbian..
what a bad.. comment on her..
erm.. this is more.. like.. girl friendship..

aishiteru333
06-15-2008, 01:16 AM
Truly it isn't a matter of being a lesbian. My friend and I are exactly like Sakura and Tomoyo... She always says I look kawaii! Also, she makes me presents and one time after school we held hands... I truly think it's a best friend thing. Something that could never be done with guys...

wasejo
06-17-2008, 03:09 PM
Let's put this in perspective:

Shaoran has a big-time crush on Yukito
Yukito and Toya do seem to have a relationship that's "more than friendship"

My opinion is that Tomoyo is lesbian, and that CLAMP was trying to make the point that there's nothing wrong or weird about gays or lesbians throughout the series...

BurningBlazeX
06-18-2008, 10:18 PM
According to CLAMP, Tomoyo DOES *love* Sakura. But she wants Sakura to be happy with Syaoran. But yeah, it's that kind of love. Her mom was the exact same way with Nadeshiko...if you read the manga, it's quite clear. XD

Done and done, thats the exact thing that CLAMP has shown. Tomoyo does love her, even though she IS her second cousin. But she wants better things for Sakura.

neko_kawaii
08-02-2008, 09:39 AM
she cant be!!!! they are just bestest friends! sakura is really kawaii! and she's just telling her! she just gets... carried away with all the tapeing thats all! tomoyos really kawaii 2!:banghead:

Megamind's Minion
08-08-2008, 03:04 AM
:ptomoyo is not a lesbian..
i would never hear of such an outrageous question..
juz kidding..

for me..
being loyal to a friend is not bad..
loving someone more than what is expected of you does not hurt..:)

just leave tomoyo alone..
she's happy, anyway,,
that's what matters most...:D

Flame Haze
08-09-2008, 01:10 AM
I think Tomoyo is way to young to be saying if she's a lesbian or not. Things like that would come later in her life, if she were real.

It does say in the manga that Tomoyo "loves" Sakura, but I'm willing to bet it's not in 'lesbian' way...

SAKURA AND LEE ROCK
08-12-2008, 03:56 AM
No way she is in no manner a lesbian
She takes care of sakura & loves her but not in dat sense

law~
08-12-2008, 04:21 AM
LOL
I have always wondered the same XD
But i don;t think she's lesbian at all...
In my world she's so obsessed with her friend because her life is boring X_x

GaarasPuddingLover
08-12-2008, 10:05 AM
I would think she loves Sakura as a friend and be very loyal. Lots of girls act like that and they’re not lesbians but just friends. Some do and are, but I doubt that’s the case here.

IchigoKiss
08-12-2008, 11:54 AM
Tomoyo is pretty much obsessed.
I think it's like sisterly love I mean Tomoyo wants Sakura to be with Syaoran

Mysti Queen
08-12-2008, 01:08 PM
I read some things on wikipedia that led me to believe that she's lesbian, but I've never watched the Japanese version of CCS. So I can't exactly make a good guess now.

SSDynamite
08-20-2008, 12:27 PM
I just see it as part of her character. Like, nothing will ever come out of it but it's still there.
She obviously cares for Sakura but whether it's due her being a lesbian or not I do not know.
Still- I think it's cute XD

yilin
08-28-2008, 10:28 PM
nnnnnnnnoooooooooooo!!!!!! It's not!!!
tomoyo is just a good and obsess person >.<.... she loves sakura as her best friend only...

Shaolan_Li
09-06-2008, 03:40 PM
I think she's a lesbian cuz in french manga ( i dont know about the other ) she say that she like her and sakura tell her that she like her too and you see sakura calling her and start running and on the other page she think or said like really not loud ... i think it's differant when i tell you that i like you sakura ... Well that I think but maybe i'm all wrong ...

kaori_tenshi
09-13-2008, 07:53 PM
Okay...Tomoyo does love Sakura. But, she has grown to think just this;

(from the cardcaptor sakura manga vol. 4);

Tomoyo told Sakura once that; Instead of wanting the person she loved to be with her, she just wanted that person to be happy.

Then later, Tomoyo said to Sakura-- "Your happiness is my happiness."

Tomoyo does love Sakura, but wants her to be happy. Well, since she knows Sakura will not return those feelings because Sakura loves Syaoran.

^__^

suzumi
09-14-2008, 03:48 AM
They are 10!! I don't think they really know what lesbianism is (I can never be too sure if Tomoyo does know though...)

I think Tomoyo just thinks of Sakura as a very precious friend.

And I don't think CLAMP has a problem with gays or lesbians either. Since they've had other character plots that included them (Monou Saya and Magami Toru from X, for example). But I don't think they were thinking that deep into the Tomoyo loving Sakura plot, considering the fact that Sakura and Tomoyo are still 5th graders.

My Name is Ian.
09-14-2008, 08:11 AM
Even though the manga claims that Tomoyo loves Sakura, I think what they really have is this "girl-crush" ...If you watch the Tyra Banks show you'd probably understand that. They like hanging out with each other and all...
But I think this Tomoyo-chan isn't lesbian, and she isn't very clear about her own preferences either. She just loves Sakura. =^w^=

kaori_tenshi
09-14-2008, 12:16 PM
They are 10!! I don't think they really know what lesbianism is (I can never be too sure if Tomoyo does know though...)

I think Tomoyo just thinks of Sakura as a very precious friend.

And I don't think CLAMP has a problem with gays or lesbians either. Since they've had other character plots that included them (Monou Saya and Magami Toru from X, for example). But I don't think they were thinking that deep into the Tomoyo loving Sakura plot, considering the fact that Sakura and Tomoyo are still 5th graders.

CLAMP has even made a shounen-ai manga called Legal Drug. The girls of CLAMP like to show love in all forms. I mean, there's even a student/teacher relationship in CCS. (though, its really only noticable in the manga.)

But no, I don't think Tomoyo is a lesbian. She's a bit young to be classified as that yet. Though, I do think Tomoyo does love Sakura, maybe not now in a relationship way, but loves her and wants her happy sort of way. O_o

blueangel06661
09-14-2008, 12:38 PM
Obsessive

Nothing else

zerog
09-14-2008, 03:58 PM
I think it's more of a friendly thing, she looks up to Sakura, I don't think she would go that far, although she always records people, that disturbs me...

blueangel06661
09-14-2008, 06:43 PM
I think it's more of a friendly thing, she looks up to Sakura, I don't think she would go that far, although she always records people, that disturbs me...

I think it's sort of like a remembrance thing.. Back in 8th grade I used to always record my friends at school when none of the teachers were looking. It's basically the same concept.

blackrosetwilight
09-14-2008, 08:08 PM
this is from clamp so anything is possible

Varxtis
09-15-2008, 09:38 PM
Okay, Im new here, but when I was watching the series I was coming up with the same question.
"OMG. . . is she. . . is she. . . OMG I think she IS!! Holy Crap ^_^!!!"
A couple of small things to consider in this question.
Age: 10. . . to young to be lesbian? Well, Im sorry, but if they're "old enough" to form straight relationships, then they're old enough to form . . . not so straight ones. The reason the concept of homosexuality in youths is so obscure is because of the later part "sexuality". In this series, Clamp takes a more pure route (thank god) with homosexuality and keeps it in the "omg she's so cute and squishy, like a usagi". Speaking of God, thats usually another reason that gay/lesbian relationships are so taboo. . . usually depends on the common religion of the community. Thats why USA butchered the hell out of CardCaptor Sakura and brought out that POS Cardcaptors. . . so that our precious little children (With USA primarily of a Christian population) wouldn't get any bad ideas from Toya and Yukito or from Sakura planning a date to the aquarium with Yukito (something about dating a minor being a bad idea o_O).

Couple of other things to consider: The content of the series. Yes there are several scenes that could be argued either way: like the fact that she has a home theater dedicated to viewing Sakura (actually, I shouldnt talk, I do that too!! Hoeeee ^_^) and the fact that she practically enshrined the Eraser. There was one scene that locked it for me though. I have actually been trying to find it for the past half hour and cant remember where it is for the life of me. . . Anyway, Tomoyo has a private conversation with Syaoran , and Im almost positive its in a bedroom, seated setting, and theyre drinking tea, but theyre talking about him confessing to sakura. In the conversation Tomoyo says that "some things have to stay locked in a girls heart" (or something like that) in reference to her own feelings toward Sakura. BUT, she does whats best for Sakura, and I'm sure she can tell Sakura isnt interested in her the same way.

BTW, there was something that lead me to believe there was doubt about Toya and Yukito. Remember during Toyas play as Cinderella, throughout the whole episode, they pointed to the fact that Toya and Yukito dont have girlfriends and always reject girls, finally Yoko asked Toya out and he declined. She asks him if theres someone he likes and he nods. Um . . . poke poke. . . that somebody would be Yukito my fellow CCS freak friends.

kaori_tenshi
09-15-2008, 10:09 PM
Okay, Im new here, but when I was watching the series I was coming up with the same question.
"OMG. . . is she. . . is she. . . OMG I think she IS!! Holy Crap ^_^!!!"
A couple of small things to consider in this question.
Age: 10. . . to young to be lesbian? Well, Im sorry, but if they're "old enough" to form straight relationships, then they're old enough to form . . . not so straight ones. The reason the concept of homosexuality in youths is so obscure is because of the later part "sexuality". In this series, Clamp takes a more pure route (thank god) with homosexuality and keeps it in the "omg she's so cute and squishy, like a usagi". Speaking of God, thats usually another reason that gay/lesbian relationships are so taboo. . . usually depends on the common religion of the community. Thats why USA butchered the hell out of CardCaptor Sakura and brought out that POS Cardcaptors. . . so that our precious little children (With USA primarily of a Christian population) wouldn't get any bad ideas from Toya and Yukito or from Sakura planning a date to the aquarium with Yukito (something about dating a minor being a bad idea o_O).

Couple of other things to consider: The content of the series. Yes there are several scenes that could be argued either way: like the fact that she has a home theater dedicated to viewing Sakura (actually, I shouldnt talk, I do that too!! Hoeeee ^_^) and the fact that she practically enshrined the Eraser. There was one scene that locked it for me though. I have actually been trying to find it for the past half hour and cant remember where it is for the life of me. . . Anyway, Tomoyo has a private conversation with Syaoran , and Im almost positive its in a bedroom, seated setting, and theyre drinking tea, but theyre talking about him confessing to sakura. In the conversation Tomoyo says that "some things have to stay locked in a girls heart" (or something like that) in reference to her own feelings toward Sakura. BUT, she does whats best for Sakura, and I'm sure she can tell Sakura isnt interested in her the same way.

BTW, there was something that lead me to believe there was doubt about Toya and Yukito. Remember during Toyas play as Cinderella, throughout the whole episode, they pointed to the fact that Toya and Yukito dont have girlfriends and always reject girls, finally Yoko asked Toya out and he declined. She asks him if theres someone he likes and he nods. Um . . . poke poke. . . that somebody would be Yukito my fellow CCS freak friends.

gahh, I agree on everything you said.

Sorry for the TL;DR coming up... @__@

I hate the dub ver. of cardcaptor sakura...I mean they even got rid of the sakura/syaoran relationship O_o;;

For Tomoyo, I see it as not that she's a lesbian, but she just simply fell in love with Sakura for who she is...not because she was a girl....but because Tomoyo fell in love for who she is, not based on gender. I know that Tomoyo's feelings maybe be considered a 'crush' but young kids can experience these feelings too. Tomoyo loves Sakura in a way that she has grown to know she can't have Sakura the way she wants...but instead loves her to the way that she just wants Sakura happy ^^ It's very sweet I think.

Well, from what I recall with the Touya/Yukito stuff...Yukito DOES admit he is in love with Touya. Now, CLAMP plays love differently from regular manga's, never do you hear Yukito and Touya say 'I love you' to eachother, because basically they don't need to. I mean, Touya gave his powers to Yue to keep Yukito around because he doesn't want Yukito to disappear. (Touya's power was to be able to see dead souls, meaning being able to see his dead momother, but he actually GAVE UP the power of being able to see his dead mother just to keep Yukito around. I don't know about some of you...but that's deeper than friendship.) But CLAMP did intend to have Yuki/Touya as a pair. Also, in Tsubasa Chronicles, Touya and Yukito are always shown together. ^^

Ugh, sorry. I'm a CCS-Geek.

Varxtis
09-15-2008, 11:57 PM
kaori_tenshi THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!!! ^_^
You just hit the nail on the head and thats exactly it. It was never a relationship based on sexuality but a relationship on love like a crush. I just couldn't explain it right. T_T You are sooo awesome.

P.S.
You're not alone, Im also a complete CCS-Geek ^_^

Hajiki Sanada
09-16-2008, 03:44 AM
I think Tomoyo is just a bit too obsessed but she does seem to have wealthy parents so her costumes wouldn't seem to amazing when to the average person that costume might be worth 4 weeks income or something. Alot of people (in CCS) seem to admit their love for each other...

October.
10-11-2008, 01:29 AM
i don't think she is a lesbian.......she just cares for sakura, just like best friends do...its just what girls do, i guess.:) http://www.animeforum.com/image/ (http://www.animeforum.com/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=)

syaron
10-29-2008, 07:41 AM
I dont think she is dat way.......they are just frndz

Moko Chan
11-20-2008, 06:56 AM
I dont think shes a lesbian. I think shes really obsessed and she is Best Friends with Sakura.

ihaw-chan
11-23-2008, 04:17 AM
Uh-huh. everyone loves to make it an innocent love :3
In my opinion, Tomoyo is 'lesbian'. But that is just in term of "Sakura-chan is so kawaii!" yeah, it sure just some sort of 'crush', but there is a quote that make it more than that. I can't seems to find it. >.>;;;

*still looking*

It should be something like this.

She tells Sakura that she loves her.(In manga, there is flowery background) Sakura tells her that she loves Tomoyo very much too(this time,just blank background), but Tomoyo shakes her head. Her love for Sakura was different than what Sakura had in mind. It shows how the love is really deep.

That is so similar to yukito - touya(if i not mistaken) relationship.

but yeah. CCS sure show them innocent. :3

LittleGirl
11-23-2008, 10:17 AM
I agree with Varxtis and kaori_tenshi. She was in love with Sakura. She had deep feelings for her that went beyond friendship.

little miss sunshine
01-05-2009, 03:18 AM
Hahaha.
I think the anime is catered for younger audiences, so homosexuality may be inappropriate for that age.
So Tomoyo's just probably very fond of Sakura as a best friend.
I'm not sure about the anime though, only read bits and pieces.

tillieheart
02-10-2009, 11:07 AM
In the anime they put it across as an obsession and being a really good friend, but in the manga she does actually have a crush on sakura

Interpreter
02-15-2009, 06:50 PM
Well, in the anime they cut off many parts of touya-yukito, and also tomoyo-sakura stuff, and condensed it for kids. The manga is nothing kiddie and with clamp, i am certain that tomoyo does have a crush on sakura, albeit not love. They are still kids after all.

TrucyTrucy
02-16-2009, 12:46 PM
Me and my friends say we love each other all the time, it doesn't mean we're lesbian for each other. xD

She just thinks of Sakura as a very good friend.

Buruku
02-18-2009, 01:32 AM
I kind of thought they purposely made it so that the reader/watcher would wonder what kind of relationship they had...there's a lot of series that like to play with the idea of a character being gay without directly saying whether it's true or not. Kind of leaves it open so the viewer can make it out to be whatever they want, (typically their own sexual preference.)

mitsuki tensei
02-18-2009, 09:04 AM
hmmmmm......<.<, why are people quick to call best friends of most anime girls lesbians O.o,hmmm interesting and no tomoyo isnt a lesbian that's obvious stop thinnking over the limit shes just showing her admiration to sakura.........thats all if she was i dont think they would be afraid to protray it in the anime.. fully so leave my tomoyo alone:samurai:

John Watson
02-18-2009, 09:55 AM
I've been curious about that too Lolz. I've collected the entire CCS manga series and in the last few Tomoyo seems like she's in love with Sakura...but she wants to see her happy even if its not with her..y'know? Hence Sakura loving Syaoran and all~ I think thats sweet. <3

Moko Chan
02-23-2009, 04:32 PM
Tomoyo is happy that Sakura is happy. Thats how best friends are supposed to feel.

kajikun16
02-24-2009, 10:53 PM
i don't think so tomoyo adores and loves sakura alot as best friend

Dead rose
03-07-2009, 10:23 AM
hmm...i have to say i seriously think tomoyo is a lesbo. well who will put their lives in danger and come after girls with weird powers late in the nights??? as for sakura and shaoran its a must-do-thing for them but why tomoyo? all she does is filming it all up and watch it all day long. and also dont forget how she makes all those clothes for sakura. i dont think its just friendship guys but hey! thats just my opinion.

PatyKida
03-09-2009, 04:56 PM
Obssesion, she is not a Lesbian, i'm sure about that.

-akichan-
03-19-2009, 01:02 PM
First of all, I want to note that most animes from the 90s are always base on friendships between two people. In CCS, Tomoyo and Sakura are best friends, and she was the only one that knew about Sakura's power. In Japan, I believe, that friends treats friends the same way as that. If assuming that Tomoyo is a lesbian, then what about Sakura's bro and Yukito? Those two are best friends too =]

If Tomoyo is a lesbo, then I would say that Yukito was worst. Yukito and Sakura's brother always have actions like hugging, arms around shoulders, and such. And what can you explain about Lee being shy to Yukito?! We all have different opinions which I respect, but if only saying Tomoyo is like that, then what about the other characters?!

Back in the 90s, people don't think too much a bout gay or lesbians, but it just totally nice to see the friendships between anime characters. People didn't think as complicated as people today.