PDA

View Full Version : Help!! cannot discover name of anime.

flameboarder360
05-14-2008, 12:09 AM
I remember seeing an anime a few years ago and have recently been trying to find it. :banghead: It have several interesting plot themes, the most important being that in this future world there were almost no males. Those that existed were protected like precious treasures. 98% of the global population was female. The anime took place on a space station over what i think was earth in the future. I only saw one episode but it looked interesting. So if anyone could help me out with finding the name of this show that would be awesome.

THANKS

Drifter Uk
05-15-2008, 05:47 AM
do u remember any of the characters?

Wilson
05-15-2008, 07:10 AM
Ah yes, my cousin has told me about it a bunch of times, it's probably Vandread. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vandread) I've never watched it but I'm almost certain that's it.

Edit:On second thought, maybe that's not it....in this anime men and women just live on different planets....still, just see if it's what you meant...

flameboarder360
05-17-2008, 01:59 PM
Unforunately I cannot remember any of the characters, and I have watched Vandread and I know that that is not the one. Unlike in Vandread there are not two worlds each with only guys and girls, in this on there are just very few guys and lots of girls. Also i'm pretty sure it took place on Earth, in the future.

Ravenblade
05-17-2008, 02:08 PM
Not that I have ever seen it, but a quick google search suggests 'Girls Bravo'

Could be wrong though...seems similar to what you were saying and yet...different XD

flameboarder360
05-29-2008, 11:13 PM
thnax for the suggestion and Girls bravo was pretty awesome, but its definately not it. thanx anyways raven.

leopar
07-21-2008, 12:33 AM
Can't it be "Geneshaft"? It sounds me like that.

lumine
07-28-2008, 12:43 PM
Simoun (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simoun_%28anime%29), maybe? I haven't watched it, so I'm not sure how much of it takes place on a space station, and I'm not sure about the ratio of females to males other than that everyone is born female or something like that. It sounds at least similar in concept to me, though.

Diocletian
07-28-2008, 12:45 PM
Saber Marionette J?

Darknul
08-12-2008, 11:05 AM
was it candidate for goddess, it was canceled from adult swim, was too mature so parents complained

EverlastingLove
08-13-2008, 08:09 AM
Nagasarete Airantou?

cute_wong
09-19-2008, 02:07 PM
I think it's geneschaft ? maybe

GalaxyMan
10-17-2008, 10:27 PM
Hmm, I don't recall seeing an anime like that (and I watch alot).

If you do find about it, please let me know. I might be interested in this.

AbsoluteAnimeFan
11-05-2008, 10:42 AM
i think genechaft..isnt it?

sheep89
12-07-2008, 08:06 AM
its geneschaft !! super cool! ^^

VampireSlayerD
12-22-2008, 12:03 AM
I remember seeing an anime a few years ago and have recently been trying to find it. :banghead: It have several interesting plot themes, the most important being that in this future world there were almost no males. Those that existed were protected like precious treasures. 98% of the global population was female. The anime took place on a space station over what i think was earth in the future. I only saw one episode but it looked interesting. So if anyone could help me out with finding the name of this show that would be awesome.

THANKS
It was Tenchi Muyo,
or Genes craft.

FLASH-X
12-22-2008, 01:36 AM
i think its geneshaft

meleeman
02-15-2009, 04:07 PM
I think I've seen something like this as well. I want to say it was on SCI-FI but it may have been on Cartoon Network.

I remember a bunch of girls finding this guy in the woods and he didn't have a memory or something and they lived in a station of some kind that might have been able to send a pod-like ship into space. I'm not sure, but I think he ended up either being shot into space (maybe with one of the girls) or he died of some disease on the planet.

If it's different than this, then maybe someone knows which one I am thinking of?

procrastinator_zerokiryuu
02-16-2009, 05:01 AM
It's probably Geneshaft if it's not Vandread.
O.o Ooooh. That brings back memories.

Do you remember if it involves the characters having different colored genes and that the main girl was called a 'white' or something like that? Because that would totally be Geneshaft.

ambspock
02-22-2009, 12:24 AM
would the anime happen to have blue bugs and did it have mecha in it? i know a long while back i rented an anime from netflix that sounds similar to what you describing and im wondering if it isnt calle Blue Seed or something similar?

shiloah07
03-06-2009, 07:06 PM
Tenchi Muyo... the guy here has a lot of girls xDD