PDA

View Full Version : Inuyasha - waiting for a new journey

Animousflavista
05-12-2008, 05:44 AM
Hi.. I'm back..:ninja: yes i'm still active just dont have much time to do posting lately. Currently watching Inuyasha, and I would like to make a wall that have feeling about their journey. All characters and bg are drawn by me.

I'm still working with the wall, so any suggestion are always welcome.:laugh:

Dragonlady
05-12-2008, 05:57 AM
Right now the thing that draws my attention is Sango's hand and Kagome's arms. Sango's hand looks a bit deformed the way it's laying on her lap. As for Kagome's arms... well they look awkward for some reason. Almost like she's airing out her underarms. Other than that, I think it's quite beautiful and captures the mood. I also like the coloring and textures.

Animousflavista
05-12-2008, 06:03 AM
haha this is the second time I was commented for the arms/hands work.

I'll try to fix it tonight. :)

thanks

IchigoKiss
05-13-2008, 05:11 PM
Nice wall Animous! But can you please fix this..

I just think that the face needs to be shown more you know??
Anyway nice fanart ^-^ and sorry that the image is stuck
on a white background ^^;;

Animousflavista
05-14-2008, 04:01 AM
Nice wall Animous! But can you please fix this..

I just think that the face needs to be shown more you know??
Anyway nice fanart ^-^ and sorry that the image is stuck
on a white background ^^;;

the face need to be shown more? u mean the lines on his face need to be more thicker?

I need u guys opinion before i can recolor them again.

below is kagome which i've fixed

Animousflavista
05-14-2008, 04:28 AM
below is sango with her hand pose fixed.

Animousflavista
05-14-2008, 04:45 AM
shippo with its lining cleaned up and thicken.

Dragonlady
05-17-2008, 07:33 PM
Those look great now. Kagome looks more natural, Sango's hand looks normal and Shippo is totally adorable!

Animousflavista
05-19-2008, 04:43 AM
Those look great now. Kagome looks more natural, Sango's hand looks normal and Shippo is totally adorable!

thank you..:p

I've finish re-paint them and I've tweak the lighting and background a liltle bit.
I also fix weak line art on inuyasha and miroku.:p

Any suggestion is always welcome. :)

Animousflavista
05-22-2008, 12:21 PM
Hmm :? :/ with no more comment I assume this wall is ready to be uploaded to aw.com :)

thanks for all ur guys comment, It really improve my work very well~

MuZ0NaZ
05-25-2008, 06:16 PM
I like the overall atmosphere and colours, and I'd approve this wall but I think it would be much better if you could fix at least some of the following:

Some coloured edges are going beyond the lineart
Fix some of the edges of highlights/etc. of the glass blades in front, little imperfections are visible in places as it's really close.
Blend the background (especially top of the clouds) a little bit more, don't make the brush strokes so obvious there, it'll look neater.
Light rays really do not work that way, I think it'll look nicer without them ^^;;
You really ought to add more detail to the clouds and blend them better, clouds have volume and the way you drew them makes them look like sausages <_<

Animousflavista
05-26-2008, 04:33 AM
I like the overall atmosphere and colours, and I'd approve this wall but I think it would be much better if you could fix at least some of the following:No, please dont approve yet! I'll try to fix it. give me some time:(

Some coloured edges are going beyond the lineartyeah.. I'll notice that already but i think its only noticeable when the pic is zoomed so I just ignored it. :pHow sharp your eyes are... I'll fix it.

Fix some of the edges of highlights/etc. of the glass blades in front, little imperfections are visible in places as it's really close.Its actually imported from my previous artwork, which i havent refine the sketches. If I've free time I'll try to re-draw the grass blades.

Blend the background (especially top of the clouds) a little bit more, don't make the brush strokes so obvious there, it'll look neater.Actually I do the bg painting simultaneously as I read the tutorial (about painting in ps):p.thats why it looks so amateur :ninja:.. I'll try to redo it when I've free time

Light rays really do not work that way, I think it'll look nicer without them ^^;;hahaha :p I knew it..

You really ought to add more detail to the clouds and blend them better, clouds have volume and the way you drew them makes them look like sausages <_<sausages??:banghead: I'll still searching for clouds tutorial.. please bear with the 'sausage' a liltle longer... haha:laugh:

thanks for the comment! :)

Animousflavista
05-29-2008, 04:36 AM
draw new cloud, fix color, draw new grass, tweak the sky bg, tweak the mountain background.

Comments are welcome.

p/s : I'll not be able to reply till 1st june because I'll go home which doesnt hav internet connection. sorry

Animousflavista
06-02-2008, 10:53 AM
any comment before i upload?

MuZ0NaZ
06-02-2008, 11:23 AM
Much much better, just the clouds need work(though i love colours). I'll explain more when I have the time.

What you need is to blend the colours better. I doodled a little over your clouds, with the attached brush set to 100% opacity and 2-5% flow. I constantly sampled the colours from your clouds and just went mad for a few minutes - far from perfect but looks a little better, if you continued blending like that it'll look great. I hope you get what I mean now.

IchigoKiss
06-02-2008, 05:53 PM
WOW so is it like a night setting now eh??
Anyway if so maybe add a moon or something and some little stars wouldnt really hurt.
Well done I see a lot of improvements on each version!

Animousflavista
06-03-2008, 10:38 AM
thanks for all of the suggestion.. unfortunately I got exams next week (till 12 june) so i need to study now.. I'll definitely try to fix/add those things after that.

I will not get to improve my work without these comments.thank you so much. :)

devilsmaster
06-04-2008, 09:34 AM
Its looking much better than your first one. You improved a lot. Keep up.

Animousflavista
07-13-2008, 10:16 AM
Thanks devilmaster..
I'm truly sorry for my absent as I have other projects to do plus I dont have internet connection for last 3 weeks..
I'll try to post the result this week. tq..