PDA

View Full Version : Original Fiction: Lover's Revenge

Bittersweet
05-11-2008, 01:53 PM
Blindingly white and pristine, the room was harsh against her narroed orbs. Glaring overhead was the unnatural light of the room. The building was rather odd, dome-shaped and large, but held merely one room. White covered every surface, unstained but far from pure.

Darkness seeped into the room from the barely concealed entrance. Shadowed trees loomed far above the ground merely a few footsteps from the door. A flash of movement alerted them to the young girl escaping out of the entrance and into the heavenly sanctuary that was the forest.

Running became difficult as she struggled to maintain her hold upon the crumpled white sheet wrapped around her body. Her breath began to come in ragged gasps as she pushed her body it its physical limit. A few times she failed to notice the tree roots in her path as she stumbed through the dark forest. Behind her, she was aware of the increasingly loud barks of the dogs her persuers had brought.

To them, she was merely a test subject, but she knew she was more than that; she knew she had to escape. Grabbing the now stained sheet and wrapping it about herself once more, she continued to flee.

The distant sounds faded until there was only the noise of her bare feet on the littered ground and her gasps for air. Collapsing to the ground, she crawled to a nearby tree and hid herself in the twisted roots of its base. As the twilight faded, she drifted off into an uneasy sleep, cluting desperately at the thin sheet.

------

Soft footfalls through the undergrowth jerked her mind from her guarded sleep. Overhead, the full moon alighted the forest perfectly. Dark blue orbs scanned the surrounding area for signs of danger when they fell upon the form of her lover. His chocolate brown eyes sparkled with an unknown light as they met hers, and she leaped from her hideaway and fell into his arms.

How did you find me?! Oh god, I'm so glad you're here. I'm so glad you're okay. I love you so much. . .

As she continued to ramble about how happy she was to see him, she failed to notice the silver flash by his side. Tears ran down her face as she sobbed into his chest. A sudden gasp escaped her lips as she felt a blinding pain in her back, near her heart. Warm crimson liquid spilled down her back, staining the sheet with ruby-colored drops.

Shock wouldn't allow her the privilage of speaking as she fell from his embrace to the ground in a tangled mess. Staring up at him, remembering everything they'd been through together, her very soul was ripped from her body.

Oh, love. . .

His tone was far from caring. The light in his eyes grew brighter and a malicious smirk graced his sharp features.

If only you weren't so...dense. Perhaps you could have noticed long ago no one cared about you. No one will care if you die. Me? I never loved you. I was only using you. No one has ever cared, and now, as I watch your life drain away -- as I watch you die -- I feel no remorse, I feel no contrition. I hope you have time to suffer as you die. Your entire life was worthless.

With those words, he brought the knife to his lips and ran his tongue lightly down the bloody blade before throwing it upon the ground and turning away. Her breathing turned to shallow gasps as she reached over to the knife at her side and stared into the reflecting blade. Moonlight illuminated her features, allowing the pearly tears to glimmer as they slid down her face. Betrayal was all she felt and she knew that in another life, she would avenge her torn soul. With this last thought, and an anticipating smile, she thrust the blade into her chest.

Hypergraphian
05-14-2008, 01:57 PM
Alright... this was much better than the previous read. I'm guessing but did you write this one much later than your earlier post? Wait, I just checked. You did write that one a year back. Well then, congratulations on your improvement :)

honeysenpai17
05-14-2008, 02:01 PM
Nice