PDA

View Full Version : Keyboard or joystick?

Mow_Uchiha2008
05-11-2008, 09:13 AM
Ok, I made this thread with objective of ask for you: do you have skill playing a game at the keyboard or at the joystick?

I, in particular, don't have any skill at the keyboard. Memorize the keyboard controls are not to me. Sometimes I forget what's the right button or wrong the button by the non- experience. Then I prefer to play a game with a joystick because memorize the game controls is easier than keyboard.

Ultimate Seed
05-11-2008, 09:54 AM
I am quite skilled with the keyboard...ive never owned a joystick but i did play on one before...keyboard i find alot more accurate and pricise lol and obviously alot more keys for different selections.

rf switch
05-12-2008, 01:08 AM
It really depends on the type of game...with games like FPS, RTS, and Adventure games I have skills with the keyboard + mouse...But anything that for the most part was intented to use a joystick or control pad I suck with.

saeko nogami
05-12-2008, 01:33 AM
i pretty much suck at both,though i managed to complete the demo versions of tomb raider legend and anniversary using the keyboard.

Niro
05-12-2008, 12:20 PM
keyboard, cant play CSS with a joystick

KazuYuki
05-12-2008, 12:26 PM
keyboard, cant play CSS with a joystick

same here i can't play with a joystick too confusing, keyboard for me

Kojack
05-12-2008, 12:52 PM
I have a gamepad that I like to use for things like Final Fantasy XI and non-FPS games. But for things like Counter-Strike I like to use Mouse+Keyboard. I bought a joystick to play MechWarrior a long time ago, but I never use it...

Khanxay
05-12-2008, 01:58 PM
Keyboard and Mouse for the win. More control of aiming, custom keybinds, EVERYTHING!

Manhattan_Project_2000
05-12-2008, 04:59 PM
Depends on the game. Playing MechWarrior on a keyboard is just wrong.

Amray
05-12-2008, 05:18 PM
Keyboard.

Hideki Motosuwa.
05-12-2008, 05:52 PM
Ok, I made this thread with objective of ask for you: do you have skill playing a game at the keyboard or at the joystick?

I, in particular, don't have any skill at the keyboard. Memorize the keyboard controls are not to me. Sometimes I forget what's the right button or wrong the button by the non- experience. Then I prefer to play a game with a joystick because memorize the game controls is easier than keyboard.
I'm quite the opposite. I use the keyboard(since that's what I'm stuck with). And trust me, when it comes to memorizing keyboard controls, I got it!! :)

Dryaxx
05-13-2008, 11:57 AM
i prefer keyboard^^ i am 1337 to that wonderfull thing xD

Tenchi Masaki
05-13-2008, 02:01 PM
My skill varies on what TYPE of game I'm playing, so I'll break down my answer like this:

Keyboard

FPS
MMO's
RTS

Joystick

Fighting Games

I want to add a controller catoegory too, but I'll just stick to what is being asked of in the topic haha.

Professor Chang
05-25-2008, 12:40 PM
joystick, indeed is the best choice for players like me

The Governator
05-25-2008, 01:29 PM
Keyboard, and to now give MP2K nightmares, I play Mechwarrior on the keyboard.

Manhattan_Project_2000
05-25-2008, 04:16 PM
Keyboard, and to now give MP2K nightmares, I play Mechwarrior on the keyboard.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

My hate of the keyboard in that game knows no bounds. I don't have a Joystick compatible with this current computer, so I played around with the controls until I could make a tolerable substitution- the left side of a Sidewinder Plug and Play pad mapped with movement on the d-pad and targeting controls on the face/shoulder buttons in my left hand, and a Track Ball mapped with look and fire controls in the right. For anything obtuse and rarely used, I'll hit a button on the keyboard.

Dark Wolf 09
05-25-2008, 04:36 PM
My hate of the keyboard in that game knows no bounds.

Get a 360 for optimal support with the Joystick! :D I use Keyboards for RTS'S. And I play Mechwarrior with a Joy-stick, Halo 3 with a JOYSTICK! and VIRTUA FIGHTER FIVE with a JOYSTICK!

Q: But what happened to the old school D-pad?

Unknownymous
05-25-2008, 11:28 PM
It depends on the game. I've been playing fighting games on a keyboard for 8 years so I'm usually better on the keyboard. FPS is made for keyboard+mouse. But I play driving games, flying games, and other similar things better via joystick.