PDA

View Full Version : Amaterasu Wallpaper

Cantelope
05-10-2008, 02:30 PM
So the main beef I have is the title I gave it. I feel like it's so crappy but I can't come up with anything better.

Also, it kind of feels empty. I've rarely made wallpapers at 1280x1024 before. Am I allowed to use the excuse that the empty space is for desktop icons? Meh.

C&C appreciated.

MuZ0NaZ
05-10-2008, 03:47 PM
No you are not >:3 Put in some more clouds, heading to the horizon and upwards. Perhaps turn down the brightness a bit and increase contrast of the background sans clouds, too - would help the light rays/clouds become more pronounced.

Cantelope
05-11-2008, 04:15 PM
I was playing with the brightness before the final product in my orginal post because my histogram was basically just a steep line on the far right, but if it goes any lower, the image starts turning more of a weird orangey-red. I'll upload some images soon with different levels of your suggested changes put into effect.

MistressPookyChan
05-11-2008, 08:27 PM
I would make the character a little less bright, but keep the background the same brightness.

Cotaku
05-11-2008, 09:00 PM
I think it's perfect! I love it!!
In fact...I think when I go to school tomorrow...I'll change my desktop to this wallpaper! If that's okay.

Cantelope
05-11-2008, 10:10 PM
I'd be honored, despite my feelings it's not truly "complete" yet.

Cantelope
05-12-2008, 08:52 PM
Bump. Also, revised edition is completed! Sorry pooky, but I like my stocks super shiny bright and eye-sore-ish.

I added more clouds (which I should've done in the first place but forgot lawl) and made several minute changes to the background, added some effects, among other things (including reducing the butt ton of noise on the clouds). I'll just upload the whole party, but me and my friend believe number 1 (left to right) is the better of the four choices.

What do you all think?

MuZ0NaZ
05-13-2008, 06:50 AM
Have a hard time choosing between the four, but both the 1st and the 4th from the left are fine with me. Just move the text down (by its full height or so) and to the left.

Hautalken
05-13-2008, 08:44 AM
Hmm...I don't know. The left top bit seems so empty. there's no feel to the whole thing. Try to put some clouds and play with some lens flares to get it right.

NOTE:- I said PLAY with lens flares and not just apply them onto the wall. Try burning some bits and working with colours on the flare. Maybe pinks/yellows.

A few bubble brushes might perk up the wall. Try these:
http://www.brusheezy.com/brush/413-Bubble-Brushes

Hope this helps ^^

Cantelope
05-13-2008, 03:49 PM
Errrr, bubbles? I feel pretty uncomfortable with that, since I don't see it working with the "heavenly" theme I was aiming for (hence the clouds). About the corner, I thought so too and I tried to touch it up a little bit, but I want to leave it that way to maintain a "fade" feel from that corner to the opposite.

So I moved the text lower a bit, and I don't like it no matter where I place it. I think I'll just leave it as is and submit this to my various art pages. Thanks for the help all.