PDA

View Full Version : Comic story (with some kinks to work out)

larivermm
05-08-2008, 10:42 PM
Hiya. I am working on a comic and it's quite a good story but has some issues.
Basically, it's a story on the same level as Dragonball (the 1st original one) of a somewhat comical adventure of a boy who has the strength "of 100 men" and his long trek to the other side of the world to bring balance to the world, yadda yadda, the obvious crap.
Here's Kink Uno:I have a naming ability of a pirate. (dumb joke) I don't know what to name many characters:
-"The Hero":The 12 year old boy with the strength of 100 men. He wants to go on adventure and what happens to.......well happen is he gets his adventure! Also he wants to use his powers for JUSTICE!! (and all that stuff.)
-[supporting female role]: A 10-ish year old girl found in a place I made up that (for any Zelda knowledged fans) looks like Ikana Village. I'm also not sure about her powers. I want something shadowy or undead related.

-Ryan:A 5" tall 13 year old chubby kid, who because of his never satisfied hunger ate a very spicy fruit that gave him fire breath powers.

-[Name Needed Here]:Major Villain 1:An undead king who has the power to conjure "Zombie Clay". His arms and head is wrapped up like a mummy, and he has a Piccolo-isk (from DBZ) Cape.

One other Note: I want to use a Sitar somehow....

So, what do you think? .....annnnnnnnd can you help get the kinks out?

Fabala
05-09-2008, 01:58 AM
So are you just having naming difficulties (you said kinks)?

One suggestion as to naming I can give you is to look up a baby naming site, use the search by name meaning feature, and use words you would attribute to that character, whether it be physical, emotional, or having to do with their part in the plot. Another method is to think up those same attributes, and pick a name that will evoke it in some way. For example, if you wanted to stress a female character's slender figure, you might name her Willow, which gives a reader the image of long, fragile character.

Of course, a name doesn't have to be connected to the character in the ways I've described. It's simply a useful tool when you're stumped ^^

As for the sitar, I would need to know more about the plot to give any kind of aid. Is there a particular reason you want one included?

kero koinu
05-09-2008, 02:43 AM
yeah, you know, this sounds a bit like 'one piece' as well (i used to watch it when i was younger), you forgot about your antagonizers, it could end up being the girl whom could become manipulated by the thought of riches and wealth! So it could be like: best friend/little girl (cute of course) = evil villain that the little boy (i forgot his name) is in love with.
Also, set what the era it could be in:past, present or future.
(Sorry to seem pushy, but i've done it to myself like a million times - gomen nasai!!!!!!) :sweatdrop

larivermm
05-09-2008, 05:35 PM
My one issue that's annoying me is, any somewhat original shadow powers.
Name-wise, I'll eventually make up something.