PDA

View Full Version : Wandering in the world of colors..take a look^^!!

salar
05-07-2008, 03:53 PM
well....I havent made anything for a while since i have been realy busy with university...anyway here one of my new walls.It wasnt supposed to be like this but anyway i was testing a brush pack by Sunira and i just kept going and in the end I had finished it without realizing XD....seems my tendecy has changed from just one color and like to make colorful walls and as the title shows BG represent the world of colors....matching all those colors was a realy hard work and i dont know how well it turned out....
I know extract has fish as well and they are supposed to swimm in water but in the world of anime nothing is impossible so thats not a prob a guess xD

What do u think ppll??is it good or bad??

Light Buster
05-07-2008, 07:08 PM
Hmm...finished a wall without realizing, huh? Well, you did a good job, especially on the colors. Hope your new brush can make more great walls like this.

Serated
05-07-2008, 07:45 PM
Nice. The colors are a bit wild, but it looks like it works for you. Where did you find the original stock image anyway?

MistressPookyChan
05-07-2008, 07:47 PM
I really like the wild colors that have been popping up lately. Though I admit, when I saw it in the thumbnail, I didn't think I would like it. However, it all seems to work really well. There is a balance between light and dark, and the colors go well with the character that was used. nice job!

Deadling
05-07-2008, 08:06 PM
I agree with Pooky, lol. I didnt think I'd like it, till I clicked it. I normally hate too many colors, but this pulls together so well. Very cute character too btw.

salar
05-07-2008, 11:25 PM
Thx ppl..appreciate ur comments ^^.

Nice. The colors are a bit wild, but it looks like it works for you. Where did you find the original stock image anyway?

I found this Carnelian Extract in http://www.animegraphx.com andthought its suiteable for my work so dled it ^^

Hautalken
05-08-2008, 02:36 AM
The extract is not carnelian. 'd know carnelian anyday. I have a similar one of the same character and the art is by Aoi Nanase.

I used to go to that site you mentioned earlier. I stopped when they stopped updating.

Anyway, I don't see any flaws in this. But it's just that there's no water down there which makes it unbelievable. you can't just give an explanation like "anything is possible in the world of anime". It won't work here. Because of this, it looks a bit unnatural. Other than that, t's great. It's a good thing you're experimenting with colours. I'm trying to bring green into my walls now.

And maybe if you pushed that extract, and the line-blast like brush beside it, into the right-bottom corner a little, it might look better and you might not need that water bit.

Where did you get the brush set? it's lovely ^_^

salar
05-08-2008, 03:15 AM
lol by impossible i meant I have seen fish swimming in the clouds or even flying...if u were an otaku like me who whatches every kind anime u knew what i meant ^^
I got this brush from http://www.deviantart.com

kutie_pie
05-08-2008, 03:29 AM
well....I havent made anything for a while since i have been realy busy with university...anyway here one of my new walls.It wasnt supposed to be like this but anyway i was testing a brush pack by Sunria and i just kept going and in the end I had finished it without realizing XD....seems my tendecy has changed from just one color and like to make colorful walls and as the title shows BG represent the world of colors....matching all those colors was a realy hard work and i dont know how well it turned out....
I know extract has fish as well and they are supposed to swimm in water but in the world of anime nothing is impossible so thats not a prob a guess xD

What do u think ppll??is it good or bad??

hey, wow thats really good, the colours all work really well in contrast and its a really fun picture! :)

Jimbow
05-08-2008, 04:32 AM
oh wow!! I love it!! I really do :P

just one thing,, the "Wandering in the world of colors" part seems a little out of place,, I think it would have looked better without it :)

Nakyo - Verachtung
05-08-2008, 12:25 PM
wow! the walli is fantastic!

salar
05-08-2008, 05:28 PM
Thx for ur Comments ppl ^^

Kagehime
05-08-2008, 06:06 PM
I love it! It's so adorable! I really love the rainbow colors to it, it adds such color! Keep up the great work!!! ^^

salar
05-09-2008, 05:10 AM
Thx ...trying colorful wallls once in a while is good for a change ^^

Deadling
05-09-2008, 07:31 AM
quick question. The brushes you were using, are they by Sunria, or Sunira? Been looking for some good brushes, and want to make sure I have names right. Reason I ask is because I have brushes by someone named Sunira that are very similar to the effects in your wall, lol.

salar
05-09-2008, 09:49 AM
lol u r right...its Sunira not Sunria.the prob was from me.seems when i was renaming the folder of my brush i typed too fast and those 2 letters were misplaced...thx for mentioning that.will fix it right now ^^

Kagehime
05-09-2008, 03:32 PM
You're welcome. ^^
Yeah, I love the brushes you used as well. lol

MuZ0NaZ
05-09-2008, 04:05 PM
The scan is definitely by Carnelian.
Much, much nicer background than before(because it's more complex). But spice up those big soft blobs of white/glowing orbs/oversized sparkles? And play around with the composition - that fancy stuff in the top left is kind of distracting and way too blurry, move the scan/other objects around, experiment <_< Also, it might be even too colourful, try limiting most of your colours to blue/purple/red or another colour scheme.

salar
05-10-2008, 05:15 AM
WOW...this is the first time u have commented one my works...Realy appreciate it MuZ0Naz..shows my works has become good enough that a pro like u think its worth to comment on it and suggest some useful Tips ^^

Hope u do this from now on too ^^...BTW thx for the Tips,I will test them(actually experiment ) on the wall but i guess for this wall thats enough since im now focusing to improve my vectoring skills(I'm a newbi at vectoring) and vectoring needs lots of time and patience ^^

IchigoKiss
05-10-2008, 08:18 AM
Wow very very nice new wall ^^
I love the pretty colours and sparkles *0* and that each
corner has something different that shows the colour
but the thing is I don't really get the feathers
=/

Anyways well done!!~

MuZ0NaZ
05-10-2008, 04:12 PM
WOW...this is the first time u have commented one my works...Realy appreciate it MuZ0Naz..shows my works has become good enough that a pro like u think its worth to comment on it and suggest some useful Tips ^^

Hope u do this from now on too ^^...BTW thx for the Tips,I will test them(actually experiment ) on the wall but i guess for this wall thats enough since im now focusing to improve my vectoring skills(I'm a newbi at vectoring) and vectoring needs lots of time and patience ^^
I'm glad you hold me in regard, but it's far from the first time I comment on your work and I am far from a pro :p
Doing good vectors is a huge pain, but don't forget to complete this one, it doesn't need that much of work.

Hautalken
05-11-2008, 08:22 AM
Hasn't Muzzy commented on some of your previous works too? I remember the last time I read his mind while posting ^^ Boy was he shocked!

Anyway, he's right about that bit of colour theming. Using proper shades is always important. Especially the blending part. I used to do that with respect to the extract's eyes. It's usually brown and when i change the blending mode, it ends up red or yellow. But there's nothing wrong with difference colours. I guess that's what you use, Sal.

Oh yea, and try adding some clouds around the extract. It makes the whole scene more believable.

salar
05-12-2008, 02:37 AM
ok..this weekend will finish it.currently practing vectoring tutorials and wanna get used to it as soon as i can ^^

Hautalken
05-12-2008, 08:20 AM
VECTORING?? Why onearth do you want to vector a perfectly good extract? It fits in well...

salar
05-12-2008, 01:41 PM
no.... I meant im trying to improve my vectoring skills and practicng some tutorials...since there are lots of bad quality extracts out there learning how how to vector is a must a guess ^^